Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 533030 times)

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1500 on: January 25, 2014, 01:51:19 PM »
I know this is probably off topic and random (haven't been online in forever), but is it possible teams visited Andorra between Seville and Paris???
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1501 on: January 25, 2014, 02:29:52 PM »
We don't believe so. Personally, I was hoping they could slide in Gibraltar, but that now seems quite unlikely as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #1502 on: January 26, 2014, 03:40:17 PM »
Peach, move this to the proper thread, I didn't know where to post this

TV Guide tweeted this article....

Exclusive: Brendon and Rachel "So Excited" to Return for Amazing Race All-Stars

Brenchel's back!

Big Brother's Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly are among the returning teams on The Amazing Race's upcoming All-Stars season, TVGuide.com can exclusively reveal. Because ain't nobody gonna come between Rachel and $1 million twice... right? "When you go on these reality shows, I go to win $1 million, not to just be on TV, so I'm just so excited to get a second shot at this," she tells TVGuide.com. "It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience and we get to do it twice."

The pair, who married in 2012, finished third on Season 20, which is as famous for eventual champs Rachel and Dave's record-breaking eight leg wins and fan favorites Bopper and Mark as it is for Brenchel's bitter feud with Vanessa and Ralph, and Rachel's patented meltdowns.

But the couple promises things will be different this time around — and you might even see a new, softer side of Brenchel. See what else they have to say about their second trip around the world and what they learned from last time.

Rachel, on your Twitter bio, you had "Retired reality star," which is no longer there. So why did you unretire?
Brendon: I don't know why she would ever write that. C'mon!
Rachel: [Laughs] I know. That is so true. I wrote it because I was like, I feel like I'm getting old and tired, but it's Amazing Race, and you can't say no when they ask you. We're just so excited that we got the honor to come back on The Amazing Race again.
Brendon: And in case you haven't figured out, my wife's a little dramatic.
Rachel: A lot dramatic!

What was your reaction when you got the call? I don't think anyone is surprised they asked you back.
Rachel: We had kind of always hoped we would be asked. Brendon and I made final three on Season 20. We thought we did a pretty good job. We weren't surprised we were asked for an All-Stars season, but we were surprised it was this soon. The last one was Season 18, so we thought it would be in another year or two. But oh, my gosh! I was like jumping up and down [when they called].
Brendon: That's what usually happens. She says yes right away and I'm like, "Let's talk about this." I'm trying to do a PhD here. But of course we both wanted to do it. It's never a matter of if we want to do it, it's if can we do it and me not getting choked out by my professors at school.

I feel like you've been working toward this PhD for 10 years.
Brendon: [Laughs] Yeah, you and I both feel like it's been 10 years.

How did you approach this season knowing it's All-Stars and everyone's been through this at least once already, some twice?
Rachel: We actually didn't know that anyone was going to be on the third time. We decided that if we're doing this again, we really need to work together. I had to say to myself that I wasn't going to take the lead all the time, which I did a lot in Season 20. ... We're partners. We want to work together really well and make sure that our team was the strongest. We had the mindset of being focused on the Race. If we have an issue, we'll deal with the issue after the leg is over.

How did that work out for you guys generally speaking?
Brendon: You'll see! Honestly, for us, we realized we're both individually strong competitors. We know we can be stronger together, but we just have to work well. We have to listen to each other and not fight when we disagree. Whatever comes our way, we have to tackle it and not have our attention diverted.

Would you say that's the biggest lesson you learned from last time?
Rachel: Absolutely. I learned two lessons last time: That and I cried a lot! [Laughs] I knew I had to bring it down. I knew I had to focus more on what I'm doing and not getting emotional because you can have one second of an emotional breakdown and it totally throws you off your game the entire leg. I knew I had to look at everything logically and be super-competitive and work really hard. Brendon and I had to work really hard as a team.
Brendon: Last time, we came in as newbies. We only had two months to wrap our brains around doing it and didn't have a lot of time to prepare. We were learning as we were going. This time, we wanted to be more prepared. We watched probably 10 to 12 seasons of the show. Every time we would see something that a team did that we thought was a good idea of what to bring with you, we made sure we wrote it down.
Rachel: We got on a really strict training schedule. We'd wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning, run for three miles, do yoga, lift weights — anything we thought would help us, we would do. We really trained for Season 24. It's All-Stars and we knew everyone would be super-competitive.
Brendon: Rachel was training really hard. I actually got hit by a car before we left.

What? What happened?
Brendon: Yeah. I had to do some recuperating. I did some yoga and lifts here and there. I knew I would go no matter what, but I had to heal up. I ride my bike to school every day here in L.A. Somebody just took me out — I flipped over the car, I landed and scraped my arm, kind of hurt my ankle a little bit.
Rachel: You need to be careful!
Brendon: If L.A. were more bike-friendly, it wouldn't have happened. But I was OK.

It sounds like you're saying there'll be fewer Rachel meltdowns this season. So there's nothing on the scale of your meltdown in Italy last time?
Rachel: Yeah. Brendon and I talked about it before the Race, like, "OK, we're definitely not doing any salami challenges." [Laughs]
Brendon: The other thing about the meltdowns is if we're doing something where it gets to the point where we're having a meltdown, we just need to stop and focus on what we need to do. Deal with the emotions later. I'm sure you'll never be disappointed by Rachel in any capacity though!

Are we going to see a different side of Brenchel?
Rachel: Absolutely. Last time, Brendon and I had just come off Big Brother. We were newly engaged. You have a lot of issues to deal with. This time, we're married. All the stupid stuff, like not trusting your partner or in the back of your head you think they don't have your back — that's all gone. I think people will see that we're more comfortable with our relationship in general. You can tell we're a little more mature, we've learned a lot of lessons over four seasons of reality shows. We're married. Brendon can't leave me! [Laughs]
Brendon: So romantic! But don't mistake that for us not speaking our minds when one of us is upset with the other or in any terms of the Race. We're here to win $1 million. We were on last time for the experience, see the world. This time, we're here for the money. I told Rachel we have plenty of time to make friends after it's over. ... Some people get caught up in the Race and wants to make friends. We want to win the money. And we're doing it for the baby!

Do you have something to announce?
Brendon: Not yet! But yes, I do figure it'll cost about $1 million to raise a child in L.A. We want a house and a baby.

Were you surprised by any of the teams who were brought back?
Brendon: We went online to see who was prognosticated. Of course, there were some surprises. But it's fun because everyone speculates during an All-Star season. There are a lot of great Racers who have won, who have lost. ... We have some relationships with other Racers outside of the show from different seasons. We do a lot of charity events and we see a lot of the Amazing Race people, so who they brought back was interesting to us. Some of us talk to each other and are friends, so when you get back on the Race course, it could be hard to stab somebody in the back.

Were you worried about people targeting you like last time? You guys are an easy target.
Rachel: We are! We always assume we're going to be targeted. But in an All-Stars season, it's a lot easier to blend in with the rest of the teams so that you're not as much of a target. Everyone has raced before. Brendon and I also didn't win a leg in Season 20, so we thought people shouldn't be that scared of us. There are other teams that have won a lot of challenges before.
Brendon: We were hoping to stay under the radar, but I can never assume that. I think the main thing is we were more prepared. I even had Rachel drive around L.A. navigating, practicing stick. Last time, there was a point if I had picked the Roadblock, she would've had to drive a stick shift.
Rachel: That didn't work out well. Every single time Brendon was like, "You're never driving on the Race." They made me drive on hills, which is probably the hardest thing to practice when you're driving stick. Let's just say that I'm happy Brendon had me practice.

That's one of Phil [Keoghan]'s biggest pet peeves: people who can't drive stick or swim.
Rachel: I know! As a viewer, I wonder that too. When you go on these reality shows, I go to win $1 million, not to just be on TV, so I'm just so excited to get a second shot at this. It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience and we get to do it twice, and I'm going to make sure we're going to practice and train as long as we need to. I always get shocked when people don't train or practice for the Race.

Would you do the show or Big Brother again? Or are you going to retire again?
Rachel: I don't think our reality career is done.
Brendon: We're going to put on Twitter that we're going to retire. [Laughs] My body's getting beat up, but I want Rachel to do it. I really want to pursue a career in medicine. I've been working toward this PhD for 10 years. I think Rachel's fun to watch and entertaining and she should pursue a career in reality and entertainment. If I can be working in a hospital and she's doing reality, that's fine with me.
Rachel: It will be a dot dot dot. I feel like our Brenchel story is always "to be continued."
Brendon: And never say never.

So you won't put your foot in your mouth again.
Rachel: Exactly. We got married on reality TV, so we obviously need to have a baby on reality TV!

The Amazing Race premieres Sunday, Feb. 23 at 8/7c on CBS.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Amazing-Race-All-Stars-Brendon-Rachel-1076536.aspx
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:49:32 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1503 on: January 27, 2014, 12:51:42 AM »
So from that Entertainment Weekly cast reveal there was a small summary that I found interesting o

"Season 24's 11 returning teams — including fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, and more — will travel through four continents and nine countries including China, Malaysia, Italy, and Sri Lanka. In a dramatic twist, one team won't even make it to the starting line! The action begins Sunday, Feb. 23 on CBS."

So they did do cast photos for Bopper & Mark AND what I find interesting is that they travel through four continents. It may be a error but who knows the season begins.
It's Clobbering Time!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #1504 on: January 27, 2014, 02:48:18 AM »
Interesting to note that the summary states 4 continents as opposed to 3...

And also, countries we have do far:

US
China
Malaysia
Sri Lanka
Italy
Spain

Meaning 3 countries are missing

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1505 on: January 27, 2014, 04:22:59 AM »

"Season 24's 11 returning teams — including fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, and more — will travel through four continents and nine countries including China, Malaysia, Italy, and Sri Lanka. In a dramatic twist, one team won't even make it to the starting line! The action begins Sunday, Feb. 23 on CBS."

wait, 4 continents? it means we have Africa this season ...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1506 on: January 27, 2014, 04:23:28 AM »
So from that Entertainment Weekly cast reveal there was a small summary that I found interesting o

So they did do cast photos for Bopper & Mark AND what I find interesting is that they travel through four continents. It may be a error but who knows the season begins.

The easiest way to get the extra country and continent would be to slide in a quick Morocco visit after Seville. But not sure there is time there. :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

TARP_Lover

« Reply #1507 on: January 27, 2014, 04:43:46 AM »

:res: But hooray if we get Africa <3

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #1508 on: January 27, 2014, 05:45:57 AM »

The easiest way to get the extra country and continent would be to slide in a quick Morocco visit after Seville. But not sure there is time there. :duno:

What's there between Italy and Spain? I don't think I have found anything about that

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1509 on: January 27, 2014, 08:23:15 AM »

I'm very surprised they released the cast photo with Bopper instead of Mallory?
Imagine Bopper was racing and we just never spotted him, and Mallory was working with the production crew!!  :funny:

And can we assume that this dramatic start line twist they're talking about is only false spec??  :res:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:26:40 AM by nmccarroll91 »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1510 on: January 27, 2014, 08:33:37 AM »
???

As we all know, Bopper started the race. He was replaced last minute by Mallory. Pretty straightforward. And exactly what Chateau reported from the start line.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1511 on: January 27, 2014, 08:40:33 AM »
???

As we all know, Bopper started the race. He was replaced last minute by Mallory. Pretty straightforward. And exactly what Chateau reported from the start line.

Seriously?? :o
I knew Bopper had been asked, but never realised how far into planning he was. I thought he pulled out once he was asked, and they just used Mallory instead.

It'll be interesting to see whether CBS release an updated cast photo featuring Mallory, or what way they'll work it.  ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1512 on: January 27, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »
They'll work it as the Start Line drama. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1513 on: January 27, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »
They'll work it as the Start Line drama. :tup:

That makes sense!   :conf:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1514 on: January 27, 2014, 03:17:04 PM »
Bopper will be a great (scary) dramatic start line drama. Then Mallory appears very suddenly(at the airport?), so Mark can race on.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1515 on: January 27, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »
Bopper will be a great (scary) dramatic start line drama. Then Mallory appears very suddenly(at the airport?), so Mark can race on.

The only thing I'm confused on is how they were able to replace Bopper so fast.
They were very lucky to get her on such short notice.
But I'm sooooo happy they did!  :hearts:

Lets face it though, Bopper & Mark need to return a third time, because you can't even count this one as a come back!  :(

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1516 on: January 27, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »
Even the CBS reveal states 4 continents and 9 nine countries. I wonder where in Africa they went to (If they did go to Africa)
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1517 on: January 27, 2014, 06:13:48 PM »
I sadly don't see how they could squeeze in Africa... Or So America....or Antarctica...or Aus. (Well they could have but for the ill planned Malaysia Substitute legs)...

So where does that leave us? ??? Somebody drinking at work again? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #1518 on: January 27, 2014, 06:21:57 PM »
Could the Kandy sighting not possibly be rolled up as part of Leg 5 (ie Colombo -> Kandy -> Colombo Rowing Club Pit Stop), or alternatively, a trip somewhere between Italy and Spain? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1519 on: January 27, 2014, 06:45:29 PM »
Well, we already have two legs Italy....

As best as we can tell on limited info, Kandy looks good.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1520 on: January 27, 2014, 07:47:26 PM »
Could we have possibly have a brief half leg in Africa on the way to Europe after Kandy?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1521 on: January 27, 2014, 09:43:22 PM »
During the first preview of TAR24, you could see someone rappelling on a waterfall with a Travelocity Gnome on their back. Possibly a Roadblock that takes place in Sabah, Malaysia since it is known as a land of beautiful waterfalls.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1522 on: January 27, 2014, 09:51:16 PM »
During the first preview of TAR24, you could see someone rappelling on a waterfall with a Travelocity Gnome on their back. Possibly a Roadblock that takes place in Sabah, Malaysia since it is known as a land of beautiful waterfalls.

Looks like Cord to me.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1523 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:49 PM »

From the CBS reveal:
The Race will take them on a mission high above the city in Guangzhou,
China, rappelling down the roaring rapids of the Kiansom Waterfall in
Malaysia
, fighting with Gladiators in Rome, Italy and fueling up
vehicles in Sri Lanka.   

Nice pics: http://waterfallsofmalaysia.com/151kionsom.php
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1524 on: January 27, 2014, 11:21:30 PM »
From the CBS reveal:
The Race will take them on a mission high above the city in Guangzhou,
China, rappelling down the roaring rapids of the Kiansom Waterfall in
Malaysia, fighting with Gladiators in Rome, Italy and fueling up
vehicles in Sri Lanka.   

Damn CBS. Stealing ideas from my recent fantasy race  :funny: I joke, I joke.

It's Clobbering Time!