Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 534302 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1425 on: December 22, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »
Now that we know that teams 4, 5 and 6 tagged along for the final legs rather than heading to sequester, some of the sightings of teams hanging around at the pit stop may not be as meaningful as we've been thinking.
I think we're lucky enough with Brenchel not getting eliminated in 8th. Now I tend to believe they were decoying in Seville... :/

Or eliminated there.  Although I wish they were out earlier, if Brendon & Rachel get eliminated before the finals I'll take it.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #1426 on: December 22, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »
I see Twinnies, Youtube, Margie/Luke, Jess/John and globetrotters. With Mark/Mallory that's 6 elim'd teams :~)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1427 on: December 22, 2013, 06:39:53 PM »
I see Twinnies, Youtube, Margie/Luke, Jess/John and globetrotters. With Mark/Mallory that's 6 elim'd teams :~)

I see Mark and Mallory...Margie is harder to spot? Rest all there.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1428 on: December 22, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »
Based on the fact that those six teams have been spotted flying from Thailand to Seoul, we can assume that Sequesterville was in Thailand.
Also, knowing that Twinnies, M/M, and Youtube were eliminated before Leg 5, an assuming that Margie & Luke were eliminated in Sri Lanka, and that the Globetrotters were at the Pit Stop with the Afghanimals, we can assume that the John & Jessica were eliminated in 7th in Rome, meaning that the Globetrotters were eliminated in 6th somewhere between Rome and Seville.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1429 on: December 23, 2013, 03:53:38 AM »
NVM

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1430 on: December 23, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »
Really think it is The Philippines that got cancelled. China Leg 2 seemed like a last minute addition too. Imagine if 2 Philippines legs were cancelled in the last minute. :cmas4

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1431 on: December 23, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »
Now I really really want to know which location was replaced by KL!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1432 on: December 23, 2013, 11:11:12 PM »
To me, it looks like ALMOST ALL the Legs were replacements. :lol3:

China (2x), Italy, and Spain... did they seriously pretend to run out of all-stars worthy destinations like Zanzibar, Tanzania and Argentina? This season's route looks rather plain.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1433 on: December 24, 2013, 01:31:54 AM »
I'll be rather disappointed if the rumours of Switzerland as Legs 8 and 9 turn out to be true. I like Switzerland but it is becoming one of those over-used countries that just feels the same each time it is visited. It sort of feels to me like the route of the season involves going to places rarely visited or cities in Countries that have never been visited and Switzerland seems out of place.

Also with the Italy leg, Would it be possible for a task to be in Vatican City? A Fast Forward or just a Active Route Info? There was an unused Fast Forward in Vatican City in Season 1.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1434 on: December 24, 2013, 06:21:26 AM »

Laos.  :cmaslol

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1435 on: December 24, 2013, 07:07:57 AM »

North Korea.  :cmas13

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1436 on: December 24, 2013, 08:23:23 AM »

North Korea.  :cmas13
NOOOOO!  :cmas4 Kim Jong Un would be the best greeter! Phil, "____ & ____, you are team number 1! As the winners of this leg of the race, you- " Kim Jong Un, "YOU WILL BE NUKED!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1437 on: December 25, 2013, 04:55:04 AM »
In the case of Margie and Luke, what could they have done? "If" my hypothesis is true, they could have gotten on the standby list at the airport for the flight everyone else was on and probably got on the flight when the travel agency returned the 4 unbooked seats to the airline. That would have taken guts. They would have had to pass up those earlier flights to Singapore. In race mode with adrenaline flowing, patience is not likely possibility.

They did, Dr Rox.

Malaysian Airlines finally beckoned for Margie and Luke. They were sent to the airline office to speak to the "boss," who got into a tiff with Petr over him filming them in the office. Barred outside the room (but with the airline lady not knowing they had hidden microphones), Petr shot the scene from behind the glass window and hiding behind some potted plants. Jerry didn't have quite as much work. He put on his headphones and waited outside the office, listening to their every word.

Half an hour ensued. The result: nothing.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1438 on: December 25, 2013, 08:48:52 AM »

They did, Dr Rox.

Okay, my bad. I guess I have the time frame messed up in my head. I thought M/L had already left for Singapore before the direct flight was ready to board. Now I realize that I don't even really kno0w just how or when M/L flew to Sri Lanka. Did they wait till the morning direct flight to Sri Lanka. I can imagine the office discussion was trying to get the seats at the travel agency released to M/L at the airport. There must have been other people already on the standby list ahead of M/L that got those seats. I wonder how far down the list M/L actually were.

Thx Jobby
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 09:01:59 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1439 on: December 25, 2013, 10:40:04 AM »
No worries! Basically, the only thing Neobie could have done was to just convince them to get onto the first flight to Singapore and they will perhaps, be able to catch the flight that Brendon and Rachel were on. (The Jetstar? flight that they were on standby on and held the tickets for the next 15 mins) But then again, there was a really tight connection and really, anything could have happened. But usually, there is hardly a delay for Jetstar/AirAsia flights on the SG-KL route. :(

But Margie didn't want to fly to Singapore without any confirmed flight to Colombo. :(

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1440 on: December 25, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »
I think the order we tried was:

MH 179 from Kuala Lumpur to Colombo: 2305-2359 (delayed to 0029-0128), full

3K 688 from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore: 2125-2225
SQ 468 from Singapore to Colombo: 2305-0015, full

3K 688 from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore: 2125-2225
EK 349 from Singapore to Colombo: 0030-0140, couldn't book tickets online before 3K flight closed

AK 1823 from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore: 2205-2305, couldn't get to other terminal in time
EK 349 from Singapore to Colombo: 0030-0140

MH 609 from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore: 2310-0005
EK 349 from Singapore to Colombo: 0030-0140, too tight a connection

MH 180 from Kuala Lumpur to Chennai: 2215-2330, full
9W 252 from Chennai to Colombo: 0055-0210

UL 319 from Kuala Lumpur to Colombo: 0850-0945, full

Final decision (?)
D7 180 from Kuala Lumpur to Colombo: 0920-1010 (delayed to 1047-1134)

Offline Alice

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1441 on: December 26, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
A little late to the party but thanks for sharing neobie!!

Also wow travel agent thing was actually right

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1442 on: December 26, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »
I'll be rather disappointed if the rumours of Switzerland as Legs 8 and 9 turn out to be true. I like Switzerland but it is becoming one of those over-used countries that just feels the same each time it is visited. It sort of feels to me like the route of the season involves going to places rarely visited or cities in Countries that have never been visited and Switzerland seems out of place.

Also with the Italy leg, Would it be possible for a task to be in Vatican City? A Fast Forward or just a Active Route Info? There was an unused Fast Forward in Vatican City in Season 1.
I read somewhere that the unused Fast Forward was finding the "keys to heaven" (referring to the St. Peter statue holding keys) and it sounds similar to the first ever FF so I doubt it will be featured as the same concept, perhaps a route info, but definitely not a FF.

As for Switzerland rumors, I have a feeling Corsica will be revisited or even Sardinia. Civitavecchia owns a ferry terminal near Rome and there was barely any information received between the Rome and Seville Legs.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #1443 on: December 26, 2013, 07:16:30 PM »
Considerably, there was a rumor on planned two Australian legs (Melbourne was to be Leg 2 and Ballarat was to be Leg 3) were to be on the route and got cancelled. China 2 and Malaysia 1 (Sabah) were the replacements of the Australian legs by a last minute. Last two seasons have double legs in first destination countries started from the U.S. (French Polynesia and Chile).

KL is not a replacement leg, that was BvM's idea. Feel free that KL was the replacement for the planned Philippine leg because it was cancelled due to devastated earthquake hit in the central part of the country and typhoon in that same region, see Peach's latest post below.

I already read this at Television Without Pity on TAR24 Spoilers thread by SnideAsides.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:41:34 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1444 on: December 26, 2013, 07:34:21 PM »
I had heard the rumour of Melbourne as well but didn't hear about Ballarat. That would of been interesting.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1445 on: December 26, 2013, 10:13:24 PM »
Considerably, there was a rumor on planned two Australian legs (Melbourne was to be Leg 2 and Ballarat was to be Leg 3) were to be on the route and got cancelled. China 2 and Malaysia 1 (Sabah) were the replacement Australian legs by a last minute. Last two seasons have double legs in first destination countries started from the U.S. (French Polynesia and Chile).

KL is not a replacement leg, that was BvM's idea.

I already read this at Television Without Pity on TAR24 Spoilers thread by SnideAsides.

This is an interesting mix of fact and speculation. :lol:

Not sure where Ballarat is coming from? It wasn't here nor TWoP as far as I know.

The TWoP info originated here. Melbourne was posted here briefly as a leg, the info appeared reliable. Info on future legs is protected here as far as possible...but the info was out there for awhile. Despite what seemed reliable info, the leg did not happen. SO...the question is did the pre-spoiling cause the leg to be scrapped? Or were the Malaysian legs last minute substitutes for planned Philippines legs cancelled due to the typhoon? We may never know.

But to the best of our knowledge...BOTH Malaysian legs were  last minute substitutions.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1446 on: December 27, 2013, 01:10:59 AM »
I'm wondering what would of caused both Australia legs to be canned? Nothing really comes to mind in Australia recently.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1447 on: December 27, 2013, 03:29:59 AM »
Could the plan have been Philippines to Australia to Sri Lanka? Cancelling the Philippines because of the typhoon could have caused a problem getting in and out of Australia on time. I thought they were in a bit of a rush getting in and out of Malaysia...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1448 on: December 27, 2013, 06:36:57 AM »
And there I was, really ready to make a trip down to Melbourne... :cmas15

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1449 on: December 27, 2013, 08:25:49 AM »
Could the plan have been Philippines to Australia to Sri Lanka? Cancelling the Philippines because of the typhoon could have caused a problem getting in and out of Australia on time. I thought they were in a bit of a rush getting in and out of Malaysia...
Here's my crazy thought...

Since Guangzhou, China is particularly a weird first destination to reveal in the first Leg (especially because Shanghai was visited three seasons ago in the premiere), I think Manila or Quezon City would have been the router's original plan, but due to the typhoon still sparking political and environmental controversy, TAR didn't want to deal with the same FOX crap that stunned the nation during TAR22's visit to Hanoi.

For the Malaysia connections, it might be due to... you guessed it, BUDGET! :whoop: Taking a high-speed or fuel-powered train to Sabah, Malaysia from Guangzhou is much cheaper than purchasing 20 or 22 economy-class tickets to Melbourne. I wish TAR had a bake sale fundraiser to make a shocking route like TAR10 (Madagascar to Finland to Ukraine) or TAR7 (Turkey to England).