Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 533085 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1400 on: December 18, 2013, 11:42:48 PM »
All the teams of TAR 24, including Leo and Jamal, would have been in Las Vegas at the finish line. I don't see that Leo and Jamal's presence means anything at all except that they competed in TAR 24. It could very easily just mean they are planning to make the roughly 200 mile drive from Los Angeles (where they live) to Las Vegas for a vacation or an appearance opportunity.

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
  • Guy,Alfronia & Gargamel (Schlutz Schrimmage)
« Reply #1401 on: December 19, 2013, 06:44:15 AM »
hey guys so I saw some thing on cbs.com in the amazing race section and they had interviews ther with the final four and responding to a question Leo & Jamal said they had a Vegas trip in the works I don't know if they mean with tar or not but if there in the final three.....?

I'm not going to say here what I think it means, in terms of what I might place a bet on if someone were to ask me how much I bet on what I thought.  However, I read that interview and I think they were referring to their bond with Ally & Ashley, how they keep in touch, and how they'll probably meet up in Sin City at some point.  The Ice Queens and Leo & Jamal are rather close to Las Vegas, so the two teams meeting there at any point shouldn't take a lot of work.

I hardly think it has anything to do with the race being ending in Vegas, but I could be wrong.  An interview that takes place after the finale aired would not have any bearing on TAR24, since they would have already been in Vegas.  In addition, an interview that takes place after a Philimination also would not have any connection to Sin City for Season 24, as that would have been in the summer of this year, prior to any plans known to the Afganimals of the end city.
well if it wasn't,t with tar and they were in the finale they would have an advantage
Zeebra😜

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1402 on: December 19, 2013, 10:51:14 PM »
Does anyone have a guess on where they went in leg 9? If both legs 7 & 8 are in Rome and 10 is in Seville, where would be a feasible place they could go where no one could see them to take pictures of them? I'm guessing West Africa or Malta, but I wouldn't bet on it. Anyone else think anything of it?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1403 on: December 20, 2013, 08:03:09 AM »
I doubt Leo & Jamal would be that careless to be leaving clues about the next season's finale. They seem to be the type that wants to be in the limelight as much as possible, so to be blacklisted would be a nightmare for them.

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1404 on: December 20, 2013, 09:51:12 AM »
Does anyone have a guess on where they went in leg 9? If both legs 7 & 8 are in Rome and 10 is in Seville, where would be a feasible place they could go where no one could see them to take pictures of them? I'm guessing West Africa or Malta, but I wouldn't bet on it. Anyone else think anything of it?
                           We'll leg 8 isn't confirmed to be Rome yet but, if it is leg 9 will probably be in either morocco or Seville  cause there were no air port sightings. And morocco is so close to Spain they could have at ken a ferry and bus :cmas19 :cmas19
Zeebra😜

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1405 on: December 20, 2013, 09:52:28 AM »
                           We'll leg 8 isn't confirmed to be Rome yet but, if it is leg 9 will probably be in either morocco or Seville  cause there were no air port sightings. And morocco is so close to Spain they could have at ken a ferry and bus :cmas19 :cmas19
whoops sorry I ment taken a bus and ferry
Zeebra😜

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1406 on: December 20, 2013, 06:34:03 PM »
1) BvM seems to have a penchant in the even numbered races for highlighting the Christmas season in Central Europe. Starting with TAR14,WRP started filming the race in Nov/Sec for even numbered races.
22 -- Alps Interlaken, Suisse and Berlin
20 -- Alps Torino and Fussen
18 -- Alps Vienna to Salzburg to Zermatt
16 -- Hamburg and Champagne District, France
14 -- Alps Locano and Interlaken, Suisse
12 -- Netherlands, Lithuania, Croatia, and Italy (but this was filmed in summer, not in the Nov/Dec timeframe)

2) BvM also likes to put teams on trains and self drive when in Central Europe. It seems we usually get about a 50% success rate on spotting teams on trains in Europe.

So here is my analysis and speculation.........
Leg 7 is Rome
Leg 8/9  Train from Rome to the Alps (ether Suisse, Bavaria or Austria). It is easy to get to either western or central Suisse or western Austria from Rome. Possible self driving in these legs.
Leg 10 is Seville, Espana
Leg 11  Since they flew from London to the end city (Las Vegas), they probably did this leg in the UK somewhere.
Leg 12 Las Vegas

Matthew 7:15

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1407 on: December 20, 2013, 07:56:20 PM »
1) BvM seems to have a penchant in the even numbered races for highlighting the Christmas season in Central Europe. Starting with TAR14,WRP started filming the race in Nov/Sec for even numbered races.
22 -- Alps Interlaken, Suisse and Berlin
20 -- Alps Torino and Fussen
18 -- Alps Vienna to Salzburg to Zermatt
16 -- Hamburg and Champagne District, France
14 -- Alps Locano and Interlaken, Suisse
12 -- Netherlands, Lithuania, Croatia, and Italy (but this was filmed in summer, not in the Nov/Dec timeframe)

2) BvM also likes to put teams on trains and self drive when in Central Europe. It seems we usually get about a 50% success rate on spotting teams on trains in Europe.

So here is my analysis and speculation.........
Leg 7 is Rome
Leg 8/9  Train from Rome to the Alps (ether Suisse, Bavaria or Austria). It is easy to get to either western or central Suisse or western Austria from Rome. Possible self driving in these legs.
Leg 10 is Seville, Espana
Leg 11  Since they flew from London to the end city (Las Vegas), they probably did this leg in the UK somewhere.
Leg 12 Las Vegas
.  When were they confirmed to have flew to Vegas from london :cmas5
Zeebra😜

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1408 on: December 20, 2013, 09:11:05 PM »
When were they confirmed to have flew to Vegas from london :cmas5

Taking into consideration you are new here..........

1) London was the only flight connection that fit the timeline for arrival in Las Vegas (check Transportation thread for flights analysis)

but mainly because

2) Peach said so.......
Matthew 7:15

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #1409 on: December 20, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »
Dr. Rox, what about Morocco? Its getting close to Spain and shares the ferry link between Tangier, Morocco to Algeciras, Spain. Algeciras is few kilometers away southeast of Seville.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1410 on: December 21, 2013, 12:22:37 AM »
Dr. Rox, what about Morocco? Its getting close to Spain and shares the ferry link between Tangier, Morocco to Algeciras, Spain. Algeciras is few kilometers away southeast of Seville.
TAR has been on that ferry in TAR 3, IIRC, and it would be awkward with their filming schedule to have teams in Rome, travel to Tangier for one leg, and then take a ferry to Spain. I'm not sure that is the way production would do it now except as a substitute leg. The pattern in the past ten seasons or so is to plant legs along the way back to the US.
I would not assume that the 11th leg was in the UK (as it was in season 22, btw) simply because the teams flew to LV from London; London could have been the connection from many places in western Europe outside the UK. I'm not saying that anywhere in the UK isn't possible, just that we cannot limit locales to the UK just because teams flew out from London. (As far as it goes, Wales is overdue for a leg now that recent seasons have been to both Northern Ireland and Scotland and no task has ever been filmed in Wales, especially Cardiff, which as some of us know from Torchwood is a beautiful place, and Doctor Who, which marked its 50th anniversary last month, is filmed there and there's both the BBC studio complex and a new Doctor Who Experience meseum there. That would be an interesting locale if TPTB paid attention to the worldwide influence of that show, as they did with Sherlock Holmes in a couple of tasks in London in an earlier TAR season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1411 on: December 21, 2013, 01:17:32 AM »
TAR has been on that ferry in TAR 3, IIRC, and it would be awkward with their filming schedule to have teams in Rome, travel to Tangier for one leg, and then take a ferry to Spain. I'm not sure that is the way production would do it now except as a substitute leg. The pattern in the past ten seasons or so is to plant legs along the way back to the US.
I would not assume that the 11th leg was in the UK (as it was in season 22, btw) simply because the teams flew to LV from London; London could have been the connection from many places in western Europe outside the UK. I'm not saying that anywhere in the UK isn't possible, just that we cannot limit locales to the UK just because teams flew out from London. (As far as it goes, Wales is overdue for a leg now that recent seasons have been to both Northern Ireland and Scotland and no task has ever been filmed in Wales, especially Cardiff, which as some of us know from Torchwood is a beautiful place, and Doctor Who, which marked its 50th anniversary last month, is filmed there and there's both the BBC studio complex and a new Doctor Who Experience meseum there. That would be an interesting locale if TPTB paid attention to the worldwide influence of that show, as they did with Sherlock Holmes in a couple of tasks in London in an earlier TAR season.

If only TPTB would use other great shows for inspiration for Tasks. Especially in Japan.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1412 on: December 21, 2013, 03:33:17 AM »
Do you guys think that the boot list that's been going around here is accurate? I chose to not view it yet, but what I gathered is
Show content
Dave & Connor won, while Caroline & Jennifer and Brendon & Rachel/Leo & Jamal are in the Final 3.

I personally hope this is what happened, but what about you guys?
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1413 on: December 21, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »
Do we even know that Seville is leg 10? Could it be the leg 9 with two legs in between it and the finale? Also, I thought I saw somewhere on these boards that there was a leg in Paris, is this true?

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1414 on: December 21, 2013, 11:47:22 AM »
In the live sightings thread, a newspaper in Seville said there were 5 teams racing in the 10th episode. How they come up with the 10th as being the episode number we do not know. We can tell the afghanimals are there. We also see the cowboys and brenchel there, all in the live sightings thread.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1415 on: December 21, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
It is possible to have 5 teams in leg 10, so long as it is an elimination point, and then there would be 4 teams in leg 11, which is usually the final elimination point in a 12 leg race.

I wouldn't vouch for any boot list at this point because the uncertainty and lack of collaborating evidence. The best I thing we can hope for is a probability, but I doubt we're that far along yet with the general lack of information.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1416 on: December 21, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »
When were they confirmed to have flew to Vegas from london :cmas5

Taking into consideration you are new here..........

1) London was the only flight connection that fit the timeline for arrival in Las Vegas (check Transportation thread for flights analysis)

but mainly because

2) Peach said so.......

Didn't you people also think that Paris was the eleventh leg?

So....

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1417 on: December 22, 2013, 12:27:06 AM »
So can we assume Cowboys, Afghanimals, Country, Brenchel and Father/Son are the F5 per the live sightings?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1418 on: December 22, 2013, 12:54:24 AM »
WinTar, I don't think we can make such an assumption on the current information available. At best, you could offer it as a hypothesis, but that alone is not proof and shouldn't be used as a fact.
We need to find more data, along the lines several of us have been pointing out, to help evaluation all possible explanations, and not just that one.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1419 on: December 22, 2013, 01:37:34 AM »
So can we assume Cowboys, Afghanimals, Country, Brenchel and Father/Son are the F5 per the live sightings?

You can assume they were NOT on the sequester flight. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1420 on: December 22, 2013, 02:22:52 AM »

aka still in the race...?  :cmaslol

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1421 on: December 22, 2013, 02:42:39 AM »
Now that we know that teams 4, 5 and 6 tagged along for the final legs rather than heading to sequester, some of the sightings of teams hanging around at the pit stop may not be as meaningful as we've been thinking.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1422 on: December 22, 2013, 07:44:54 AM »
Team #6 was at sequester. Teams #4 and #5 have continued following production for most races, not just this one.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1423 on: December 22, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »

Which means they were most likely still in the Race.  In the case of Brendon & Rachel, I have only one thing to say:  Damn!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1424 on: December 22, 2013, 08:44:50 AM »
Now that we know that teams 4, 5 and 6 tagged along for the final legs rather than heading to sequester, some of the sightings of teams hanging around at the pit stop may not be as meaningful as we've been thinking.
I think we're lucky enough with Brenchel not getting eliminated in 8th. Now I tend to believe they were decoying in Seville... :/