Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 534288 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1375 on: December 16, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »
Exactly Belle, thank you.

This IS a speculation thread. But if you ARE speculating, you still need to say so CLEARLY.

Re-read what theschnauzers says please, he has it 100%.
gamerfan09, please look at the way you referenced Margie-Luke; you said "when" and "there was" as to an HOO, both of which presupposes that what you are saying are facts, and does not indicate in any way that it was speculation (which might be shown by the words "if" and "there may have been.")

This is RFF, not Sucks, jet...so we do things our way here.  Regardless of whose spoilers you are quoting, HERE you must be VERY clear on what you are stating.  When you are speculating, say so. If you can prove it, show us how. And remember that sourced spoilers are not considered facts without backup.

Sourced spoilers can be accurate. They can also be and are sometimes wrong. They are basically a spoiler that someone else told you. Their reliability depends on where the info is coming from. Sources can be right, or can be wrong, or just can be misinterpreted. We have all had that happen, here at RFF also. Recently, you have only to look at how many changes were made in Cleo's cast list for 24 and even the latest bootlist spoilers to realize that mistakes can be made, info can change.

So what sets RFF apart is that whenever possible, we do not rely ONLY on "sourced info" but try to confirm it by other means. Sourced info can certainly be used for guidance, but it is not "proven". Unless and until there is clearcut (preferably photographic) or other first hand corroborative evidence (permits, eye witness accounts etc), any "sourced" info is considered speculative only. No matter who is saying it. So whether the current Sucks bootlist eventually turns out to be right or not, it is for now, at RFF anyway, "speculation" and not fact.

Hope that helps.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
  • Guy,Alfronia & Gargamel (Schlutz Schrimmage)
« Reply #1376 on: December 16, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
To be honest, I think after Margie & Luke got eliminated, there was an HoO of sorts in Sri Lanka 2. Because there is no way that that giant time span would allow Brenchel to catch up and CaroJen to fall to last.

We do NOT know when Margie and Luke were eliminated. We all need to remember that NOT seen does NOT always mean NOT there. We need much more info before making assumptions. :tup:
I understand. It is best to say maybe or even probably to things not supported by pictures.
Yes this is for speculation, word it like speculation not like fact.
To be honest, I think after Margie & Luke got eliminated, there was an HoO of sorts in Sri Lanka 2. Because there is no way that that giant time span would allow Brenchel to catch up and CaroJen to fall to last.

We do NOT know when Margie and Luke were eliminated. We all need to remember that NOT seen does NOT always mean NOT there. We need much more info before making assumptions. :tup:
hi I'm new so I'm not that sure how to use this but I know that miss Cleo thinks it's 2 n.e.ls in a row 1 for brenchel then 1 for country but I'm not so sure it is but they did do 2 in a row on the 1st all stars so could someone clarify for me?
Zeebra😜

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1377 on: December 16, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »
But Brenchel was spotted IN SPAIN IN THE FINAL FIVE.

Also, during the Italy live RB sightings, all teams but Brenchel and Margie & Luke were seen, and since Brenchel's in the F5, this means Margie & Luke are 8th. Just saying.

How do you KNOW Seville is final 5? How do you know ALL teams were seen...how do you know how many were actually starting in Rome?? How do you know Brenchel remains in the Final 5...were they seen later?  There is SO much we are unsure of...and that's where the fun is.

Everything in Blue is speculation. Spec's do not necessarily make a Red fact. Could be, could not be. We need more evidence.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1378 on: December 16, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »

Also, during the Italy live RB sightings, all teams but Brenchel and Margie & Luke were seen, and since Brenchel's in the F5, this means Margie & Luke are 8th. Just saying.

How do you KNOW Seville is final 5? How do you know ALL teams were seen...how do you know how many were actually starting in Rome?? How do you know Brenchel remains in the Final 5...were they seen later?  There is SO much we are unsure of...and that's where the fun is.

Everything in Blue is speculation. Spec's do not necessarily make a Red fact. Could be, could not be. We need more evidence.
ok that makes more sense :cmas27. Thx btw are there any ideas on the 2 missing legs I think that it will go Germany-morocco- Spain / Italy-morocco-Spain / Tunisia-morocco-Spain what does every one else think?
Zeebra😜

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1379 on: December 16, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »

hi I'm new so I'm not that sure how to use this but I know that miss Cleo thinks it's 2 n.e.ls in a row 1 for brenchel then 1 for country but I'm not so sure it is but they did do 2 in a row on the 1st all stars so could someone clarify for me?

:welcome: to RFF , Zeebra!

The clarification is that what someone thinks is not necessarily fact. Without supporting evidence it is important to understand that it remains speculation. We know that the Caroline and Jennifer have ONE speedbump, thanks to a photo. That is fact. The rest is speculation.

And please understand that SPECULATION is wonderful!! It is how we put ALL the info thru the wringer, sort it all out, and come to some educated conclusions. The way someone presents something here often opens my own eyes to new possibilities that perhaps I hadn't thought of. I LOVE everyone of your thoughts and ideas! Speculation is HOW we get to where we are going, it is not a bad word. The more speculaton the better!! All we are saying is to be very clear about what is fact and what is not....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:46:45 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1380 on: December 16, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »

There was an article from Spain saying, that there was five teams racing.

And how do you that was correct? Do they have their facts straight?? Question EVERYTHING. There have been multiple articles saying something that was not true, including occasionally CBS's own!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1381 on: December 16, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »

that makes sense BUT how do we know  that the bottom 2 were brenchel and Margie& Luke they more likley would be country cause they earned a speedbump  they couldn't have had flight troubles cause they were staying in Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka is a small country ( in landmass) soon bottom 3 brenchel cuntry Margie and Luke?
Zeebra😜

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #1382 on: December 16, 2013, 06:05:11 PM »
removed for language and rudeness.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:14:36 PM by georgiapeach »
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #1383 on: December 16, 2013, 06:06:31 PM »
I'm sort of new to this Miss Cleo person, how often is she correct?
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1384 on: December 16, 2013, 06:15:06 PM »
sometimes sometimes not I rather think peach is more reliable than miss Cleo by a lot there's my opinion everyone's is different so there ya go
Zeebra😜

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #1385 on: December 16, 2013, 07:49:06 PM »
sometimes sometimes not I rather think peach is more reliable than miss Cleo by a lot there's my opinion everyone's is different so there ya go
Exactly!  :cmaslol 

I usually never read the spoilers, this is really my first season to be spoiled. I'm not so sure I didn't like it better when I lived in ignorance until the show aired.  :cmas19
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1386 on: December 16, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, but RFF is a TEAM, not just one person. :tup:

It is thanks to the efforts of ALL the RFF'ers who spend time helping to watch for tweets, search for blogs, monitor FB, and search for photos that we are able to do what we do. That is why speculation IS so important....we all build on the efforts of each other. You never know when one small piece of info can be the whole lightbulb moment that solves a puzzle!!

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #1387 on: December 17, 2013, 03:20:50 AM »
Exactly!  :cmaslol 

I usually never read the spoilers, this is really my first season to be spoiled. I'm not so sure I didn't like it better when I lived in ignorance until the show aired.  :cmas19

Same as me, kicking myself for spoiling an all stars season :(
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1388 on: December 17, 2013, 04:31:20 AM »

Alenaveda's news story confirmed Final Five in Spain.

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1389 on: December 17, 2013, 07:32:39 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, but RFF is a TEAM, not just one person. :tup:

It is thanks to the efforts of ALL the RFF'ers who spend time helping to watch for tweets, search for blogs, monitor FB, and search for photos that we are able to do what we do. That is why speculation IS so important....we all build on the efforts of each other. You never know when one small piece of info can be the whole lightbulb moment that solves a puzzle!!

:ghug:
what if you don't have twitter or face book
Zeebra😜

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #1390 on: December 17, 2013, 08:09:52 AM »

You can search for places like flickr for photographs from vacationers or search for blogs with comments about the race or racers. You aren't limited to Facebook or Twitter.  :reindeer

(I can say this but have never had any luck DOING it.)  :cmaslol
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1391 on: December 17, 2013, 12:52:38 PM »
As far as TAR is concerned there have been occasions where a local newspaper or broadcaster has aired or published something at the time of filming, usually in a local language, and searching using English words would not bring it up in the search results.

In fact one of the earliest if not the earliest filming spoiler was a Dutch newspaper reporting on TAR 4 filming a detour task involving cheese wheels in a public location near Amsterdam, with photographs. We didn't become aware of it at the time only because the article was written in Dutch, although it was discovered when the episode preview aired in the US.

It's the sort of thing that makes you wish for highly intelligent searchbots. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1392 on: December 17, 2013, 03:48:17 PM »

You can search for places like flickr for photographs from vacationers or search for blogs with comments about the race or racers. You aren't limited to Facebook or Twitter.  :reindeer

(I can say this but have never had any luck DOING it.)  :cmaslol
nope nothing on flickr
Zeebra😜

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1393 on: December 17, 2013, 04:02:33 PM »

ok that makes more sense :cmas27. Thx btw are there any ideas on the 2 missing legs I think that it will go Germany-morocco- Spain / Italy-morocco-Spain / Tunisia-morocco-Spain what does every one else think?  Ok now I think it's safe to say that rff is one of the only ( if not only) tar spoiler sites that isn't speculating leg 8 to be Rome if that's true I'm betting leg 9'is Seville ?

Zeebra😜

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1394 on: December 18, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »
What if the Chippendales are one of the clue handlers on the final leg in Vegas? Like Kevin & Drew who appeared on Season 8... :cmas19
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Shari

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1395 on: December 18, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »
What if the Chippendales are one of the clue handlers on the final leg in Vegas? Like Kevin & Drew who appeared on Season 8... :cmas19

That would be nice!!! Maybe they could do a little dance while giving out the clue! :xmas146

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1396 on: December 18, 2013, 04:10:54 PM »

hey guys so I saw some thing on cbs.com in the amazing race section and they had interviews ther with the final four and responding to a question Leo & Jamal said they had a Vegas trip in the works I don't know if they mean with tar or not but if there in the final three.....?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:08:58 PM by georgiapeach »
Zeebra😜

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #1397 on: December 18, 2013, 05:28:34 PM »

hummminah humminaah.  They could handle a clue for me annnnny day  :monroe:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #1398 on: December 18, 2013, 05:36:16 PM »
hey guys so I saw some thing on cbs.com in the amazing race section and they had interviews ther with the final four and responding to a question Leo & Jamal said they had a Vegas trip in the works I don't know if they mean with tar or not but if there in the final three.....?

I'm not going to say here what I think it means, in terms of what I might place a bet on if someone were to ask me how much I bet on what I thought.  However, I read that interview and I think they were referring to their bond with Ally & Ashley, how they keep in touch, and how they'll probably meet up in Sin City at some point.  The Ice Queens and Leo & Jamal are rather close to Las Vegas, so the two teams meeting there at any point shouldn't take a lot of work.

I hardly think it has anything to do with the race being ending in Vegas, but I could be wrong.  An interview that takes place after the finale aired would not have any bearing on TAR24, since they would have already been in Vegas.  In addition, an interview that takes place after a Philimination also would not have any connection to Sin City for Season 24, as that would have been in the summer of this year, prior to any plans known to the Afganimals of the end city.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:09:32 PM by georgiapeach »
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1399 on: December 18, 2013, 07:21:19 PM »
NVM
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:12:32 PM by gamerfan09 »