Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 534171 times)

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1000 on: November 29, 2013, 04:07:26 PM »
Cant be bothered to look through entire thread  :funny: can anyone fill in what we have confirmed so far i no

11th. Twinnies
10th. M/M

what else do we have Confirmed?

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1001 on: November 29, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »
Cant be bothered to look through entire thread  :funny: can anyone fill in what we have confirmed so far i no

11th. Twinnies
10th. M/M

9th - Youtube
8th - Speculation is Brenchel, but no sighting of Margie & Luke either so both these teams are probably 8th & 7th

Hope this helps :)
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1002 on: November 29, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »

11th. Twinnies
10th. M/M

9th - Youtube
8th - Speculation is Brenchel, but no sighting of Margie & Luke either so both these teams are probably 8th & 7th

ty  :ghug:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1003 on: November 29, 2013, 06:28:34 PM »
After noticing some familiar patterns, I went back in the archeives and looked back at the last returning racer edition of TAR, TAR 18. To refresh your memory, the route was........

Leg 1 -- Australia (Sydney)
Leg 2 --Australia (Broken Hill)
Leg 3 -- Japan (Tokyo)
Leg 4 -- China (Lijiang)
Leg 5 -- China (Kumming)
Leg 6 -- India (Kolkata)
Leg 7 -- India (Varanasi)
Leg 8 -- Austria (Vienna to Salzburg -- self driving leg)
Leg 9 -- Austria/Suisse (Salzburg to Zermatt -- train ride leg)
Leg 10 -- Suisse (Zermatt)
Leg 11 -- Brasil (Rio de Janeiro)
Leg 12 -- USA (Miami/Florida Keys)

So the pattern was almost always 2 legs per country, with the exception of Japan and Brasil. Austria had one leg and Suisse shared 1/2 a leg with Lichtenstein. But since they are so close together, you can almost say 3 legs in Austria/Lichtenstein/Suisse

So now we have TAR24 and so far we have:
Leg 1 -- China (Guangzhou)
Leg 2 -- China (Guangzhou)
Leg 3 -- Malaysia (Kota Kinabalu)
Leg 4 -- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
Leg 5 -- Sri Lanka (assumed Colombo)
Leg 6 -- ??
Leg 7 -- Italy (Rome)
Leg 8 -- Italy (apparently from social media)

So I am going to propose that Leg 6 was in Sri Lanka or close by in South India/Maldives. Only Sri Lanka has a direct flight to Rome, but all have lots of connections through all the Persian Gulf airports.
Matthew 7:15

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1004 on: November 29, 2013, 06:36:55 PM »
Maybe underground Rome. Really cool.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1005 on: November 29, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »

my thoughts exactly.........the Catacombs of Rome!!!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1006 on: November 29, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »

my thoughts exactly.........the Catacombs of Rome!!!

Add me.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1007 on: November 29, 2013, 07:42:16 PM »
The same poster, answering another tweet:

Craig Freeman ‏@FreemanCraig 20s

@nidhijbhagat We went down a deeeep well and at the bottom were 2 film people standing and then i touched the envelope
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline johnnyboy224

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1008 on: November 29, 2013, 09:04:25 PM »
Brenchel for the FF and demolishing all of the 3peaters in the next legs <3  :yess:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1009 on: November 29, 2013, 09:21:18 PM »
Not sure how I feel about all these double legs in the same country.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1010 on: November 30, 2013, 01:26:05 AM »
Probably a bit ahead of myself but do you reckon that in the next all star type season that they may try to bring back Bopper & Mark again?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1011 on: November 30, 2013, 01:35:17 AM »
Probably a bit ahead of myself but do you reckon that in the next all star type season that they may try to bring back Bopper & Mark again?

I really think they have a high chance of CBS asking them to come back, now that we have proven they have nothing against threepeaters.  :res:

What I really hope they do is a season of all stars vs newbies. But the twist is the all stars are from very early seasons (S1 to S10) so that they are basically new to the mechanics of the current TAR.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1012 on: November 30, 2013, 02:00:45 AM »
Is Jordan confirmed? Because if it's not a hoax, there's a chance that it could be the missing leg between Sri Lanka and Rome.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1013 on: November 30, 2013, 03:59:18 AM »
Is Jordan confirmed? Because if it's not a hoax, there's a chance that it could be the missing leg between Sri Lanka and Rome.

Confirmed? Maybe I've missed something, but I haven't seen anything that suggests they went to Jordan. As far as I know, there's as much evidence for them going to Jordan as there is for them going to Mars.

Somebody posted a cryptic "Filming in Jordan!?!" (the entire message) a few days back but never provided a reason for believing it was true. It's possible, but completely unproven at this point.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:03:41 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1014 on: November 30, 2013, 04:59:16 AM »
Does anyone remember how many teams go to Sequesterville, and does it change from year to year?

Right now we have three teams confirmed to be there. If five teams usually make it there that would suggest both Margie/Luke and Brendon/Rachel were eliminated in Sri Lanka (or nearby), it makes no sense to send someone back from Rome to (I presume) Southeast Asia for sequester.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1015 on: November 30, 2013, 05:14:04 AM »
Does anyone remember how many teams go to Sequesterville, and does it change from year to year?

Right now we have three teams confirmed to be there. If five teams usually make it there that would suggest both Margie/Luke and Brendon/Rachel were eliminated in Sri Lanka (or nearby), it makes no sense to send someone back from Rome to (I presume) Southeast Asia for sequester.

Regardless of destination, if the 7th-placing team were eliminated in Europe, and if sequesterville were in Asia, the 7th-placing team will be sent to Asia.

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1016 on: November 30, 2013, 05:26:52 AM »

11th. Twinnies
10th. M/M

9th - Youtube

Problem is 7th is non-elimination with Caroline & Jennifer.  I got a gut feeling (could be wrong), Margie & Luke are 8th.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1017 on: November 30, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »

11th. Twinnies
10th. M/M

9th - Youtube

Problem is 7th is non-elimination with Caroline & Jennifer.  I got a gut feeling (could be wrong), Margie & Luke are 8th.

For some reason I have a feeling that there were only 6 teams left when Caroline & Jennifer got NEL? Which would mean both Margie & Luke and Brenchel are out, but again I'm only guessing, and could be totally wrong.

Offline Almaraz3997

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1018 on: November 30, 2013, 08:58:50 AM »

11th. Twinnies
10th. M/M

9th - Youtube

For some reason I have a feeling that there were only 6 teams left when Caroline & Jennifer got NEL? Which would mean both Margie & Luke and Brenchel are out, but again I'm only guessing, and could be totally wrong.

You are not the only one, I think so too.  :)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1019 on: November 30, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »

:wohoo:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #1020 on: November 30, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »

11th. Twinnies
10th. M/M

9th - Youtube

That would make sense, given the recent pattern. Don't think they'll have the second NEL so soon.  So we'll likely see the next two boots before last NEL, or our 6th-place finisher, NEL, and then that would be it.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1021 on: November 30, 2013, 10:38:31 AM »

That would make sense, given the recent pattern. Don't think they'll have the second NEL so soon.  So we'll likely see the next two boots before last NEL, or our 6th-place finisher, NEL, and then that would be it.

With a race of 12 legs and 11 teams..........you are going to have to have 3 non elimination type legs.....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1022 on: November 30, 2013, 10:52:29 AM »

Confirmed? Maybe I've missed something, but I haven't seen anything that suggests they went to Jordan. As far as I know, there's as much evidence for them going to Jordan as there is for them going to Mars.

Somebody posted a cryptic "Filming in Jordan!?!" (the entire message) a few days back but never provided a reason for believing it was true. It's possible, but completely unproven at this point.

There was a welcome to the UAE post from someone in Jordan. I spoke to her, she was just watching the current season.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1023 on: November 30, 2013, 11:12:09 AM »

Lots of assumptions here!

Let's also consider that just because there has always been a sequester....does NOT mean there always will be. Things could change at any time.

So...we have NO teams confirmed to be there...for now. :tup:

Locations for sequesters change. I know of ones in Mexico, Portugal, Thailand for sure. Season 23 was in ITALY. So location may or may not be helpful.

I think who travels changes. Depending on the season, I think both the 4th and 5th team remaining have been decoys. We have some idea from the Elim Station footage as well. I think in 14 that Mike and Mel went, just for a day... and they were eliminated 6th...meaning prob 2 teams either went straight to a hotel in finish city or ran decoy or just travelled with production.

Lots of options...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #1024 on: November 30, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »

Lots of assumptions here!

Let's also consider that just because there has always been a sequester....does NOT mean there always will be. Things could change at any time.

So...we have NO teams confirmed to be there...for now. :tup:

Locations for sequesters change. I know of ones in Mexico, Portugal, Thailand for sure. Season 23 was in ITALY. So location may or may not be helpful.

I think who travels changes. Depending on the season, I think both the 4th and 5th team remaining have been decoys. We have some idea from the Elim Station footage as well. I think in 14 that Mike and Mel went, just for a day... and they were eliminated 6th...meaning prob 2 teams either went straight to a hotel in finish city or ran decoy or just travelled with production.

Lots of options...

Thanks for your valuable input peach! I think that the sequesterville location is quite important too in terms of cost issue. I mean it really doesn't make economic sense to fly a team eliminated in Italy back to say, China. :lol:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight