Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 536677 times)

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #850 on: November 27, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
I speculate we are missing legs too! I don't think they needed 2/3 days to complete the tasks in Colombo and flying to Rome. Potential leg 6 somewhere near Rome and driving around? #speculation
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #851 on: November 27, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »
We are missing two days Nov 25 and 26. So I think we missed leg 6 (I am thinking Middle East)
I'm totally lost on which leg they could be on, I was thinking the latest Pit Stop photos from Colombo were Leg 5?  :funny:

Colombo was Leg 5.

So those photo's from Colombo were taken a few days ago then?
Right, so we are missing at least 1 leg?
Ahhhhhh it's soooo confusing!  :groan:  :funny:

So far no NEL confirmed?

As far as we know, either Leg 3 or 4 was a NEL, but we don't know which..
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #852 on: November 27, 2013, 11:03:15 AM »
If we missed one, lets see, they had double UAE last time and it's not a big enough country to revisit often.Oman or Qatar in the Middle East?  In NE Africa, Kenya's probably temporarily off list except for transfer purposes, but Ethiopia's still generally safe enough for insurance purposes and they haven't been in a while.  Maybe one of the 'Stan countries? We don't seem to get much chatter from there and former Soviet countries in winter seems like it appropriately takes it up a level for an all star season.  Or possibly a Balkan like Bulgaria or a former Yugoslav?

Offline purefluff

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Purefluff
« Reply #853 on: November 27, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »
There is a camera on the Spanish Steps.  Here is yesterday's (11/26) time lapse http://www.skylinewebcams.com/skyline/lapse.php?w=205&lang=en

Here is the main cam page:  http://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/lazio/roma/piazza-di-spagna.html

Perhaps today's time lapse will have more information.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:39:25 AM by purefluff »

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #854 on: November 27, 2013, 12:16:46 PM »
The web cam for the Piazza Navona Rome shows some stuff off to the right.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #855 on: November 27, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »
Oops to the left, never did know right from left.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #856 on: November 27, 2013, 12:23:14 PM »
Info seems to suggest Phil is just shooting standups now...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline abollo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #857 on: November 27, 2013, 12:32:41 PM »
So the teams probably arrive tomorrow then

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #858 on: November 27, 2013, 12:44:11 PM »
Unknown. But certainly possible! One direct flight every other day...arr tomorrow.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #859 on: November 27, 2013, 12:50:28 PM »
Anyone from rome?

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #860 on: November 27, 2013, 12:54:50 PM »
Rome, Italy!  :hearts:  Vatican City maybe!!!!  :please: The Vatican City was going to be on the very first season with a fastforward but no team ever took it.  Rome was last visted Season 9 en route to Athens.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #861 on: November 27, 2013, 01:27:41 PM »
Rome, Italy!  :hearts:  Vatican City maybe!!!!  :please: The Vatican City was going to be on the very first season with a fastforward but no team ever took it.  Rome was last visted Season 9 en route to Athens.

Yes i also really hope that we see Vatican City!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #862 on: November 27, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
Cant wait to see which teams make it to Rome!!!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #863 on: November 27, 2013, 02:16:43 PM »
IIRC, It's been a while since teams were in Rome; season one (with a unclaimed Fast Forward in Vatican City) and a couple of active route marker tasks in Rome at the Spanish Steps (the infamous DaVinci Code task in leg 6 of season 9). The metro area around Rome has never been the location of a pit stop.
So Rome has never had a full leg of its own, and has never been a pit stop, so perhaps season 24 remedies both of those deficits.

I'm starting to think we need an index by country of which legs TAR has been to that country because it might help sort out possible destinations during filming.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #864 on: November 27, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »
IIRC, It's been a while since teams were in Rome; season one (with a unclaimed Fast Forward in Vatican City) and a couple of active route marker tasks in Rome at the Spanish Steps (the infamous DaVinci Code task in leg 6 of season 9). The metro area around Rome has never been the location of a pit stop.
So Rome has never had a full leg of its own, and has never been a pit stop, so perhaps season 24 remedies both of those deficits.

I'm starting to think we need an index by country of which legs TAR has been to that country because it might help sort out possible destinations during filming.

I agree with you, Rome deserves a full leg there!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #865 on: November 27, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »
Well UL 581 should have taken off about 2 hours ago, but I have no confirmation of that event. It is a 10 h and 20 minute flight to Rome.

Schedules arrival in Rome is ~ 7am Rome time  UTC+1

Scheduled arrival in US time is ~1am eastern time and ~midnight central time
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:22:36 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #866 on: November 27, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »
We are missing two days Nov 25 and 26. So I think we missed leg 6 (I am thinking Middle East)
I agree! I think that Leg 6 is somewhere between Sri Lanka and Rome.
Which would mean Rome is Leg 7. Hopefully Leg 8 is also in Italy, since it is such a beautiful country with great culture.
I really hope that a team gets eliminated in Rome, as teams haven't been eliminated in Italy since season 9.
So maybe Leg 6 is a No-Break Leg, and then into Italy? Or is Colombo --> Rome confirmed?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #867 on: November 27, 2013, 08:57:05 PM »

I have a list along these lines at home. I'll update it with the recent international seasons and blog it in the next couple of days. :)

And, yes, Rome has only had those two visits - none of the international races have even visited the country yet .

Offline NorthernLily

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #868 on: November 27, 2013, 09:02:54 PM »
In the pictures of Caroline and Jennifer checking into the mat in Colombo, the cowboys are sitting behind Phil on that wall. Does that mean they may have received a penalty?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #869 on: November 27, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »
Leg 3 or 4 is a NEL, and I think that either leg 6 or 7 is a NEL. It all depends on how many teams are spotted in Rome tomorrow.
How many airports does Rome have? I know there's Rome-Leonardo da Vinci and Rome-Fiumcino (sorry about the spelling) Teams may be arriving in Rome from different airports.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #870 on: November 27, 2013, 09:27:33 PM »
They may not be leaving Rome by plane. If they're spending a decent amount of time there, I can't imagine them passing up the chance to visit Pompeii.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #871 on: November 27, 2013, 09:28:32 PM »
Maybe a double leg, one in Rome, one in Naples.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #872 on: November 27, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
Leg 3 or 4 is a NEL, and I think that either leg 6 or 7 is a NEL. It all depends on how many teams are spotted in Rome tomorrow.
How many airports does Rome have? I know there's Rome-Leonardo da Vinci and Rome-Fiumcino (sorry about the spelling) Teams may be arriving in Rome from different airports.

Actually that is just one airport. It is in the Fiumicino suburb an it is named after Da Vinci. But yes, you are right, Rome has two airports, while Da Vinci is the main international one, the one in Ciampino suburb, while mainly a military base, it handles some civilian flights, mainly from Low Cost Carriers.

99% of chances are TAR is arriving and/or departing from Rome-Fiumicino-DaVinci.

Offline Almaraz3997

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #873 on: November 27, 2013, 10:07:39 PM »
I think that this season is following the route of season 19 (Asia (many legs) -Africa - Europe - Latin/South America - Finish line) and it will be possible than before the last leg, teams travel to mexico, bolivia or colombia  :cheer:
and also i really think that rome is their next destination and it would have two legs in there  :yess:
Pd:Sorry if i didn't write very well but I'm not an english speaker just another mexican fan of the reality. :hoot:

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #874 on: November 27, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »
I think that this season is following the route of season 19 (Asia (many legs) -Africa - Europe - Latin/South America - Finish line) and it will be possible than before the last leg, teams travel to mexico, bolivia or colombia  :cheer:
and also i really think that rome is their next destination and it would have two legs in there  :yess:
Pd:Sorry if i didn't write very well but I'm not an english speaker just another mexican fan of the reality. :hoot:

Nice Almaraz! We need more mexican presence here haha. ( I am too)

Anyway...since they're in Italy already and last we knew they were in Sri Lanka... could we have a country in between? Or did they really just made that huge leap?