Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 534374 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #725 on: November 23, 2013, 06:25:55 PM »
Plaidmoon, we are not talking about ALL of the seasons together. We are talking about season 24 ONLY.

You know deep down team youtube and brenchal have more fanbase than all of the other teams. I'm sorry but if you dont see this you are lying to yourself.

Can we give this subject a break johnnyboy?  :umn:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #726 on: November 23, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
What are the chances of Africa after Sri Lanka? South Africa perhaps? #SouthAfricaIsLongOverdue

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #727 on: November 23, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »
We do not call  other forum posters liars. Ever.

Please review the rules here, especially the first one.:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29555.msg950927.html#msg950927

Then follow them please, or simply don't post.. That applies to everyone.

Plaidmoon, we are not talking about ALL of the seasons together. We are talking about season 24 ONLY.

You know deep down team youtube and brenchal have more fanbase than all of the other teams. I'm sorry but if you dont see this you are lying to yourself.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SM92

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #728 on: November 23, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
It's fair to say that all the teams have their fans, some more than others, and I for one am disappointed that we have already lost both the Twins AND Joey and Meghan. Although I'd have liked to see J&M go further at the end of the day I think we're all foremost fans of the race and we still have a good season to look forward to. Hopefully some cool locations and (now we've had three popular boots) some teams to root against...  :yess:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #729 on: November 23, 2013, 06:31:30 PM »
What are the chances of Africa after Sri Lanka? South Africa perhaps? #SouthAfricaIsLongOverdue

More South Africa please and thank you.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #730 on: November 23, 2013, 06:33:07 PM »

More South Africa please and thank you.

And then Antarctica.

Offline SM92

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #731 on: November 23, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »

Looking at the most recent seasons that headed West first (17 onwards), all but one left Asia/Oceania and headed towards Africa/Europe on Leg 6 so I think a leg there next is likely. I'm also hoping for South Africa (or Marrakesh), I just hope they show that there's more to Africa than safari...

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #732 on: November 23, 2013, 06:35:06 PM »
It's fair to say that all the teams have their fans, some more than others, and I for one am disappointed that we have already lost both the Twins AND Joey and Meghan. Although I'd have liked to see J&M go further at the end of the day I think we're all foremost fans of the race and we still have a good season to look forward to. Hopefully some cool locations and (now we've had three popular boots) some teams to root against...  :yess:

^^ THIS!  :cheer:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #733 on: November 23, 2013, 07:10:53 PM »
Despite touring the world for decades, nobody ever gives the Globetrotters credit for having a fan base.

:wall:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:14:09 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #734 on: November 23, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »
I love the Globe Trotters. I was so sad when they were eliminated in their season. :(
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline kiaraburry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #735 on: November 23, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »
Have they ever had two NEL in a row? I mean they know this season is  :gaah:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #736 on: November 23, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »

TAR 3 Final 5. I think. But none before at Final 8.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #737 on: November 23, 2013, 07:47:50 PM »
I think Batu Caves is a Route Info on Leg 5 at the start.. It's not a pit-start because there's no mat below Brenchel in the pic with them at Batu Caves. So don't think teams visited it in Leg 4 as a pit-stop. :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #738 on: November 23, 2013, 07:53:40 PM »
I'm shocked nobody has done it yet but with the help of wiki.. :funny:

Leg 3 of TARA 4 flew from KL to Colombo too. Shocker and surprise surprise.

Leg 3 (Malaysia → Sri Lanka)
Kota Kinabalu (Kota Kinabalu International Airport) to Sepang, Selangor (Kuala Lumpur International Airport)
Flight: Sepang (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) to Colombo, Sri Lanka Sri Lanka (Bandaranaike International Airport)

Colombo (Gangaramaya Temple)
At Gangaramaya Temple, teams had to receive a blessing from the Buddhist monk to receive their next clue.

>Detour (Count It or Carry It)< Colombo (Pettah)
The Detour was a choice between Carry It or Count It. In Carry It, teams had to carry 12 blocks of ice to a market vendor across the fish market. In Count It, teams had to count fish and give the correct amount of 1100 fish to receive their next clue.
(not likely, an almost similar task in TAR 21)

Colombo (Nugegoda Station Road - Peanut Vendor)
At the Peanut Vendor, each team member had to sell 20 bags of peanuts for Rs.15 a piece. They should give the earnings back to the vendor to receive their next clue.

>Roadblock (Who can reap what they sew?)< Colombo (Trendy Connection)
In this Roadblock, one team member to sew a shirt to receive their next clue.

Pitstop: Colombo (Independence Square)

;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #739 on: November 23, 2013, 07:56:33 PM »
There is also a double leg in Sri Lanka in TARA 4 but as of now I think we can stick with this because teams will need to travel by train to another location on the second leg.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #740 on: November 23, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »
Here's the TAR Australia leg in SL, somewhat including some tasks from 2nd SL leg in TARA 4, so I thought I'll post this.

Leg 11 (Israel → Sri Lanka)

Same task

>Detour (Count or Carry)< Colombo (St. John's Fish Market)
Same task

Railway: Colombo (Fort Railway Station) to Galle (Galle Railway Station)

Galle (Galle Fort)
At Fort Galle, teams had to go to the beach where they found a chest with a combination lock and a clue asking for Sri Lanka's year of gaining independence: 1948. This opened a second chest that asked the year of birth of Sri Lanka's first Prime Minister Don Stephen Senanayake: 1884. The second chest contained their next clue.

Bus: Galle (Galle Bus Station) to Ambalangoda (Ambalangoda Train Station)

Ambalangoda (Mask Stall Vendor)
At the mask store in Ambalangoda, teams were shown a photograph of a particular mask. They then had to search the a nearby street festival for a person wearing the matching mask in order to receive their next clue.

>Roadblock ("Who can reap what they sew?")< Colombo (Trendy Connection)
Same task

Colombo (Independence Square) >Pit Stop (Leg 10)<

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #741 on: November 23, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »
if brenchel is gone the next leg the ratings are gonna drop faster than a meteor. You can already expect them to drop after YouTube's boot but if they are eliminated after YouTube or even in 2 legs the ratings are gonna plumit. Like who else has a big fan base?

Am I the only one who would LOVE to see Brenchel eliminated next?  :funny:
I never liked them the first time round, and was sick of Rachel's constant whinning! Brendan seems OK though, but I cant take another full season of her!  :groan:

I don't understand the love for them? But I don't live in America so maybe I'm missing out on the Love-Fest!  :funny:

I too have not seen Brendan & Rachel in Big Brother; therefore, I really do not understand the love for them. :funny: Tbh, I was hoping that they'd be out in their season and at the same time I'm hoping that they'd win a leg before getting eliminated. :funny: So I think I would consider myself neutral for Brenchel. :umn:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #742 on: November 23, 2013, 08:33:03 PM »
They got rid of pit start mats though.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #743 on: November 23, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »
Maybe.. but Batu Caves is spotted on Leg 5 and not 4 for now. For all we know it's the pit-stop and start.. but until then we don't know if BC was visited on Leg 4.

Offline memmathsi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #744 on: November 23, 2013, 08:44:50 PM »
I have tried to stay out of this debate, but since it is still going on...lol

I love Brenchel (and I am from America...someone earlier said they were from America so maybe that is why they don't get it).  Rachel on TV (in front of cameras) can definitely put on a show. She loves to bring over the top drama and generally cracks me up!  She is well aware of what producers are often looking for and does her best to deliver it.  She is sometimes what is good and sometimes what is bad about reality tv.  But...I  :luvya: her and Brenchel! :)

I actually like most of the teams on TAR24 though.  Loved the Cowboys their first season, but not so the second, so I am not looking forward to them.  I am not a fan of the country singers, J/J (don't even understand why they are back unless this is an UB2) or the Afghanimals though.  I have actually quit watching TAR23 because of the Afghanimals and Tim & Marie.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #745 on: November 23, 2013, 09:43:59 PM »
Jobby, TAR Israel 2 and TAR Ukraine 2 also visited Sri Lanka. Both produced by a same production company as TAR Asia and TAR AU.

Sri Lanka legs in HaMerotz LaMillion 2 (Israel):

Leg 10 (Thailand → Sri Lanka)
Colombo (Susu Darame Temple)
At Susu Darame Temple teams had to find a needle in a haystack. They had to use the needle to sew holy Buddhist emblems on white robes. Then they had to wear the robes, take a taxi to a monastery, and receive a blessing from a monk to receive the next clue.

Colombo (Sri Lanka Masks Festival)
Same as Ambalangoda, but includes a live cobra in basket

Colombo (Groceries Corner) (Overnight Rest)

Colombo (Kollupitiya Market or Laundry depot) >Detour (Spices Porters or Laundrymen)<
For the Detour, teams had to choose between Spice Porters and Laundrymen. In Spice Porters, teams had to arrive to a market and pack 25 kilograms (55 lb) of chili peppers in sacks and carry them along the market until arriving the mashing stand. Then they had to mash all the peppers to receive the next clue. In Laundrymen, teams had to traditionally wash 50 dirty sheets. Three of the sheets contained words. Only after teams will discovered the words did they receive the next clue. Each Detour choice had only three workstations, first come, first served.

Colombo (Sunil Cowshed)
At Sunil Cowshed teams had to put cow manure into baskets, put the baskets on their heads, and take the baskets to a drying area. Then they had to mix the dung with water and sawdust to make cow-pies. Then they had to stick 100 of the cow-pies to a wall to receive their next clue. (Similar to TAR18's Feed the Fire Detour in India 2).

Bus: Colombo to Viharamahadevi Park
In an unaired task at Viharamahadevi Park, one team member had to correctly draw and paint the flag of Sri Lanka following only verbal clues from their partner.

Colombo (General Post Office) >Roadblock ("Who reads between the rows?")<
For this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to search for a letter for the team among 7,000 letters. After finding it, the team received the next clue and a special item that was sent from home. (This is not unlikely just like it did on the Leg 4 Roadblock in TAR:All-Stars).

Colombo (Independence Memorial Hall) >Pit Stop (Leg 10)<

Leg 11 (Sri Lanka)
Colombo (Coconut Plantation) >Detour (Male or Female)<
For the Detour, teams chose between Male and Female. In both tasks team members could only use their right hand. In Male, teams had to load a buffalo-drawn cart with coconuts and guide it along a marked path. One team member led the buffalo while the other made sure no coconuts fell out of the cart. When they delivered all of the coconuts they received the next clue. In Female, teams had to milk a female buffalo. They had to completely fill a bucket with milk to receive their next clue.

Different task, unlike TARA4 and TARAu1. At Gangaramaya Temple, one team member had to walk over hot coals with their bare feet and then perform a traditional dance for some judges. After that, the other team member had to lie on a bed of nails for three minutes.
Colombo (Galle Face Green) >Pit Stop (Leg 11)<

Sri Lanka legs in Velyki Perehony 1 (Ukraine):
Leg 2 (United Arab Emirates → Sri Lanka)
Different task; At the Gangaramaya Temple, teams needed to find a needle in haystack. After finding it, teams needed to use it to sew an emblem onto traditional Buddhist clothes.

>Detour (Hostro or Brudno)< Colombo (Kollupitiya Market or Laundry depot)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Гостро (Hostro – Hot) and Брудно (Brudno – Dirty). Same task above as Israel.

Colombo (Donegal House)
Same task above as Israel.

>Roadblock (Who’s the most attentive?)< Colombo (Sri Lanka Masks Festival)
Same task above.

Colombo (Sima Malaka Meditation Centre) >Pit Stop (Leg 2)<

Leg 3 (Sri Lanka)
Colombo (Mahazime Chicken shop)
At the Mahazime Chicken Shop, teams had to pick up two chickens in cages and carry them for the rest of the leg.

Railway: Colombo (Fort Railway Station) to Kalutara (Kalutara South Railway Station)

>Roadblock ("Any of you have commercial talent?")< Kalutara (Main Street)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to prepare and sell 20 coconuts. They had to make at least 500 Sri Lankan rupees in order to receive their next clue.

>Detour (Voda or Korzhiky)< Bandaragama, Kalutara (Wevita Lake)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Вода (Voda – Water) or Коржіки (Korzhiky – Cakes). In Voda, teams had to wash the traditional markings off an elephant. There were only five elephants available, first come, first served.  Only the Cakes task is same as above.

Panadura (Gangula Devalaya)
At Gangula Devalaya, one team member had to perform one of two tasks. They would either run across a bed of hot coals in their bare feet, or lie on a bed of nails for three minutes. After they completed one task, they would then find out that the other team member would have to perform the remaining task. This task was incorrectly presented as a Roadblock.

Colombo (Mount Lavinia Hotel) >Pit Stop (Leg 3)<

The additional task in Galle in TAR Au 1 is a recycled task of the second Sri Lanka leg in TAR Asia which was actually a Roadblock, the combinations are different: ("What year when Ceylon became a republic and changed its name to Sri Lanka?"), and the answer of the combination is: 1972.

I assume Independence Square might be used as a Pit Stop.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:04:04 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #746 on: November 23, 2013, 09:56:05 PM »
Let's just say with the similarity of everything.. we MIGHT just see a few repeated tasks this leg. If there are ferns out there in Sri Lanka, check out these places!

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #747 on: November 24, 2013, 04:31:45 AM »

In TARAS, Leg 10 in  Hong Kong was a NEL where Eric & Danielle came in last. Then the following leg in Macau was also a NEL where Oswald & Danny came in last.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #748 on: November 24, 2013, 05:03:39 AM »
if brenchel is gone the next leg the ratings are gonna drop faster than a meteor. You can already expect them to drop after YouTube's boot but if they are eliminated after YouTube or even in 2 legs the ratings are gonna plumit. Like who else has a big fan base?

Have to agree with you there. No matter if you personally love or hate those teams, some of their fans/followers will check the Race out (again) if they promote it on Twitter/Facebook ... I seriously doubt, that many of them will continue to watch if/when they are gone. And I really think the Race needs good ratings, not to be put on the endangered species list again ...

Maybe I'm just seeing things to bleak ... who knows
What, when was it?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #749 on: November 24, 2013, 05:06:25 AM »
TAR4 but it got an Emmy and then CBS suddenly adored it.