Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 536736 times)

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #700 on: November 23, 2013, 12:53:04 PM »
Neobie, all the teams besides Brenchel made the first flight (not sure about this) which is scheduled to land when?

According to flightstats the direct flight will arrive at Colombo at 1.21am

Offline mylomilk

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #701 on: November 23, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »
Neobie said the first team he saw was Margie/luke at 7:50, and B/R he saw at 8:20...

I'm so confused  :'(

If they got to the airport early to get one of these flights to singapore 2030-2125/2050-2150/2125-2225/2140-2235, they might be able to catch SQ468 2305-0015 which landed 20 minutes ago (its now 12:25AM local time in colombo). Direct flight still needs around one hour.
Or maybe they got to airport so late that the direct flight is full? I'm not sure.
But most likely an Hour of Operation is waiting for all teams.

Offline PANDAmonium

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #702 on: November 23, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »
How far behind is the 2nd flight with Brenchel & Margie/Luke?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:25:30 PM by PANDAmonium »

Offline Rachel Berry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #703 on: November 23, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »
So Youtube is 100% gone? :'(
Jason & Amy to win TAR23

Offline memmathsi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #704 on: November 23, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »
The direct flight has now landed, so hopefully soon we will start learning more.

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #705 on: November 23, 2013, 02:27:03 PM »
Praying brenchel can overcome these next two tasks and continue in game they did last
time losing on an NEL and making it to f3!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #706 on: November 23, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »
Praying brenchel can overcome these next two tasks and continue in game they did last
time losing on an NEL and making it to f3!
p.

Brenchel never came last on an NEL?

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #707 on: November 23, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
So Youtube are confirmed to be gone? Excellent!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline flair0310

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #708 on: November 23, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
Oh how wonderful ... nobody left to root for after four legs ...  :(

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #709 on: November 23, 2013, 03:03:31 PM »
if brenchel is gone the next leg the ratings are gonna drop faster than a meteor. You can already expect them to drop after YouTube's boot but if they are eliminated after YouTube or even in 2 legs the ratings are gonna plumit. Like who else has a big fan base?

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #710 on: November 23, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »
if brenchel is gone the next leg the ratings are gonna drop faster than a meteor. You can already expect them to drop after YouTube's boot but if they are eliminated after YouTube or even in 2 legs the ratings are gonna plumit. Like who else has a big fan base?

Am I the only one who would LOVE to see Brenchel eliminated next?  :funny:
I never liked them the first time round, and was sick of Rachel's constant whinning! Brendan seems OK though, but I cant take another full season of her!  :groan:

I don't understand the love for them? But I don't live in America so maybe I'm missing out on the Love-Fest!  :funny:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline flair0310

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #711 on: November 23, 2013, 03:24:04 PM »

Have to agree with you there. No matter if you personally love or hate those teams, some of their fans/followers will check the Race out (again) if they promote it on Twitter/Facebook ... I seriously doubt, that many of them will continue to watch if/when they are gone. And I really think the Race needs good ratings, not to be put on the endangered species list again ...

Maybe I'm just seeing things to bleak ... who knows

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #712 on: November 23, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »
I will watch up.until brenchel leaves don't care for remainder of teams and hate that those homoohobic cowboys (maybe just one is) are on for third time? If cowboys don't win will cbs bring them back until they do? If brenchel out next or in top 3 again will theybe brought back for a 3Rd time? It's not like TAR23 Are doing great ratings? BB15 With all there problems had great ratings but then again they had brenchel fans running the show for half the season!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #713 on: November 23, 2013, 03:40:27 PM »

You should consider that neither Brenchel or YouTube had much of an impact on the ratings the first time they were on the show. Or at least there wasn't much of a ratings increase those seasons - it more likely was a ratings decrease, but I don't think it was anything to do with Brenchel. The trend has been downward for several years, at least in terms of actual people watching. Also, Big Brother has an audience about 2/3 the size of TAR. If Brenchel couldn't nudge Big Brother's ratings up much, I doubt they will for TAR.

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #714 on: November 23, 2013, 04:25:05 PM »

You should consider that neither Brenchel or YouTube had much of an impact on the ratings the first time they were on the show. Or at least there wasn't much of a ratings increase those seasons - it more likely was a ratings decrease, but I don't think it was anything to do with Brenchel. The trend has been downward for several years, at least in terms of actual people watching. Also, Big Brother has an audience about 2/3 the size of TAR. If Brenchel couldn't nudge Big Brother's ratings up much, I doubt they will for TAR.
You should also consider that Joey has gained two million MORE subscribers since he's been on the race. I'm not saying every single one of them will watch it but a good amount of them will. The first time around doesn't mean much we are talking about how their fanbase has grown since then. Now they are on all-stars more people will be watching and probably only for them and once they are gone bam down goes the ratings. You can dislike the team all you want but there is no doubt there be some kind of decrease in the ratings.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #715 on: November 23, 2013, 04:36:35 PM »
NVM
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:16:31 PM by SteKay »

Offline johnnyboy224

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #716 on: November 23, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »
Facts are facts people, the only teams with huge fanbases on this season are team youtube an brenchal. Youtube for being very succesful on youtube and having tons of followers/subscribers, and Brenchal for being on BB and amazing race before.

The other teams are regular life people who were on the show before with small fanbases built up from their past seasons. They are nothing compared to Youtube/Brenchal.

I'm sorry if you cant see that.

If Brenchal get eliminated next I dont see the show doing good at all. The boot order for this season is horrendous. NANA, Mallory and Mark, Youtube, and possibly Brenchal.

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #717 on: November 23, 2013, 05:18:12 PM »
His 2million subscribers are not all American, where the show is shown live, and ratings are only accounted for.
His subscriber count didn't really start to rocket until TAR22 was over. I'm pretty sure thats where most of his popularity came from which means a good amount of them are american.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #718 on: November 23, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »
None of this is very relevant. Just youtubers, being youtubers. Them being out will not effect the ratings and it won't if and When Brenchel is eliminated.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #719 on: November 23, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »
I hope you guys are right and YouTube and Brenchel bring millions of viewers to TAR. It's a win-win situation for everyone and would be one of the best things that ever happened to TAR. However, I'll be skeptical until the ratings come in for the first couple of episodes.

By the way, I like Team YouTube and would have liked to see them last longer. I'm OK with Brenchel too, but the tears and drama from Rachael got to be a bit much at times.

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #720 on: November 23, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »
I hope you guys are right and YouTube and Brenchel bring millions of viewers to TAR. It's a win-win situation for everyone and would be one of the best things that ever happened to TAR. However, I'll be skeptical until the ratings come in for the first couple of episodes.

By the way, I like Team YouTube and would have liked to see them last longer. I'm OK with Brenchel too, but the tears and drama from Rachael got to be a bit much at times.
I agree. That's the risk CBS took with bringing those teams back too. Like once those two teams get eliminated they are going to have to deal with a ratings drop. Think about though, what fanbase does JJ,Cancer,Puke,Cowboys,Country singers, and Afghans have? All 6 of those teams probably have the fanbase size of YouTube and Brenchel combined.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #721 on: November 23, 2013, 05:38:51 PM »

I agree. That's the risk CBS took with bringing those teams back too. Like once those two teams get eliminated they are going to have to deal with a ratings drop. Think about though, what fanbase does JJ,Cancer,Puke,Cowboys,Country singers, and Afghans have? All 6 of those teams probably have the fanbase size of YouTube and Brenchel combined.
Sorry, but that is FAR from the truth.

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #722 on: November 23, 2013, 05:43:26 PM »

Sorry, but that is FAR from the truth.
WANNA BET?! haha just kidding.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:49:26 PM by KamFord »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #723 on: November 23, 2013, 06:19:59 PM »
Just when I think I'm getting out, they drag me back into the discussion.  :iok

TAR's ratings are largely due to the TAR fanbase. They could have 11 or 12 completely anonymous unheard of teams and still get decent ratings, That was true in most of the early seasons. It's only been the last 10 or 12 seasons when TAR would bring in a couple of teams with some name recognition. Before that, it was Rob and Amber from Survivor and maybe one or two other teams that I can't come up with at the moment. Ratings haven't generally dropped off the cliff when a well known team got eliminated. I doubt that will suddenly be the case now. At most, teams like YouTube and Brenchel might add 10 or 15% to the ratings and most likely less than that.

I'm going to withdraw now, since I've said my piece and I don't either of us are going to change our minds.  Also, this should probably be in the Bitch and Moan Thread and not in the discussion of spoilers, so we're just littering up the real discussions that should be going on here. Not that there hasn't been a lot of that so far.

Offline johnnyboy224

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #724 on: November 23, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »
Plaidmoon, we are not talking about ALL of the seasons together. We are talking about season 24 ONLY.

You know deep down team youtube and brenchal have more fanbase than all of the other teams. I'm sorry but if you dont see this you are lying to yourself.