Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 534384 times)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #375 on: November 20, 2013, 03:37:57 AM »

I am confident that we need to treat Leg 3 in #KotaKinabalu #Malaysia just like we treat Polynesian islands (Tahiti),

Sabah is a very diverse tourism destination, ranging from natural wildlife park, jungle, world war monuments, memorials and caves & bunkers, and consist of many surrounding islands and water resorts and white sand tropical beaches...
(I just googled Rasa Ria Resort) and it was a wonderful place and they have OrangUtan conversation as well...

We need to look at some photo-blogs, travel blogs, or other platform than social networks...
and it might appear later on, when those tourists/travelers get back home or back to their hotel and start writing their journey and experiences  :hrt:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #376 on: November 20, 2013, 03:47:40 AM »
:tantrum :yess: :cheer: :hearts:
if they remaining teams visiting INDONESIA... i bet there are bunch of spoiler of the leg could report in here... as long not in Papua. LOL

I think its safe to say all of RFF does not want to see Indonesia for the 2929395th time

:tantrum :hearts: :conf: :cheer: :yess: :yess:

how many season is that???.... 2929395th times???   :hearts: :tantrum :hearts: :cheer:

I don't think anyone wants to see Indonesia for the fourth time in a row  :funny:  :funny:
I want lol :P
Me too! Actually, almost all Indonesians want it. :funny:

No please Indos don't wish it upon us :'(

i loved it when Airlines supported Indonesia.... LOL :hearts: :conf:

I'm pretty neutral with Indo :stare , because I have a dilemma: want spoilers but same country for the 4th time or no spoilers but no Indo.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #377 on: November 20, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »
Anyway, has the 3rd leg ended now? It's kinda strange to not get any tweets about the team being in Malaysia. Considering the fact that maybe some people would recognize them at the airport. Or maybe, were they going to rural area? ???

Sabah is a tourist attraction, but you can say it's kind of rural as well. It's like Koh Samui is to Thailand in comparison.. not the main few cities but people go there for the beautiful wildlife and beaches.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #378 on: November 20, 2013, 08:53:07 AM »
That tweet says Thursday they will be handing out clues as well? So if its to be taken as a sighting then double leg in Malaysia as well.

That is a huge jump. First we don't know if they have a HOO when they arrive. Second they could be confused on the dates. Third they could have an early leg Thurs and move out 10-12 hours later. Double leg is a jump, imo.

My guess is one leg only then moving on...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #379 on: November 20, 2013, 09:08:30 AM »
That tweet says Thursday they will be handing out clues as well? So if its to be taken as a sighting then double leg in Malaysia as well.

Their Thursday is our Wednesday..........ie  TODAY
Matthew 7:15

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #380 on: November 20, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »

Sabah has the same timezone as me in Samarinda (we're at the same Borneo island, eastern part of it),

So if they landed about 6.00AM this morning, then have a leg there, and the tweet said Thursday (which is tomorrow our time) Leafsfan assumed that Malaysia could possibly planned for Two legs...

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #381 on: November 20, 2013, 09:21:11 AM »

Sabah has the same timezone as me in Samarinda (we're at the same Borneo island, eastern part of it),

So if they landed about 6.00AM this morning, then have a leg there, and the tweet said Thursday (which is tomorrow our time) Leafsfan assumed that Malaysia could possibly planned for Two legs...
Or maybe they're going to Brunei after that? ;)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #382 on: November 20, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »
My spec:

We haven't started our Leg 3 yet.. Not all of our teams might catch the 2.55 am flight today.. just like S22 when they landed in Botswana, they had an extra day to starting the leg.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #383 on: November 20, 2013, 10:41:25 AM »
I suspect the leg(s) in Sabah may be similar to those in TAR 4, in that those legs were mostly in rural areas and involved a lot of self-driving between tasks and active route marker locations. From what was reconstructed about those legs that season the teams basically weren't near any urban or suburban areas except for the airport at the end of the latter leg to head to the next destination. That vusut was mostly rural, nature preserves and forests, and small villages.

As far as finding live or near live information, we're going to have to go to those new usual suspects twitter, instantgram, facebook, liveblogs, or even the type of blogs that were around in 2004. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #384 on: November 20, 2013, 12:25:43 PM »
The TimeLine is your friend...

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29539.0.html

I think you two are talking about diff things? Dr Rox is talking about the tweets sent on Wed saying they will be handing out clues tomorrow, ie Thursday. IF that would be the case then that would be leg 4 not leg 3.

However, I again doubt a leg in Indo. FWIW.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #385 on: November 20, 2013, 12:31:34 PM »
^^ No word on a leg in Indo. The tweets were indeed from a person in Sabah who's involved in race production, and somehow, her followers/friends on twitter from PADANG, INDONESIA decided to engage in a conversation with her and somehow led to a discussion of their own local school amazing race in Indonesia. (things people can digress to :groan:)

So... no need for a meltdown #OMGNOINDOAGAIN for Indo haters. Thanks. :funny:

Offline Mela

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #386 on: November 20, 2013, 12:59:38 PM »
More photos (with permission) from the team at Baidu; here are photos from 泰迪空空 and JoshRadnor. Thank you!

Go Jet&Cord :cheer: What are they doing?

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #387 on: November 20, 2013, 03:36:57 PM »
More photos (with permission) from the team at Baidu; here are photos from 泰迪空空 and JoshRadnor. Thank you!

Go Jet&Cord :cheer: What are they doing?
That 1st pic is def jet and cord the third pic is rachel and brendon? or rachel and joey? could they be waiting for brendon and meghan to finish a task? or it's just rachel and brendon but it looks like joey's hair lol

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #388 on: November 20, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »
nevermind didn't see the other thread sorry.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #389 on: November 20, 2013, 05:22:36 PM »
So... no need for a meltdown #OMGNOINDOAGAIN for Indo haters. Thanks. :funny:

:lol:  all good fellas... Btw, the source of twitter last night disappear this morning...  :stare

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #390 on: November 20, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »
I searched Kianson Sabah, and apparantly its a waterfall.
Or is Kianson is company?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #391 on: November 20, 2013, 06:06:23 PM »
It's currently 8:05 AM Thursday morning in Kota Kinabalu.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »
KUDAT
(The pictures are probably more helpful than the writing

http://dnqarinah.blogspot.com/2011/09/111111-project-at-tip-of-borneo-kudat.html
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #393 on: November 20, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »
Kudat in a 3 hour 190 km drive north of Kota Kinabalu.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #394 on: November 20, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »
So we can expect teams to arrive a little bit after 11:30 in Kudat

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: November 20, 2013, 06:13:14 PM »
(Kudat time)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »
(Kudat time)

If they get cars immediately, self drive and don't get lost. I'd expect an hour or so later than that. Maybe they end up taking a bus or train and get there any time.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #397 on: November 20, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
KUDAT
(The pictures are probably more helpful than the writing

http://dnqarinah.blogspot.com/2011/09/111111-project-at-tip-of-borneo-kudat.html

If they do any of the activities there, it's gotta be the Coconut Bowling! All the others have been numerous times in the past.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #398 on: November 20, 2013, 07:24:35 PM »
I've taken a look at the attractions in Kianson and in Kudat and Kianson seems likelier to me. The Mari Mari Cultural Village at Kianson look just like the sort of place TAR loves to go.

http://marimariculturalvillage.com/

3. you get 5 different tribes in 1 village.

You are guided to each different tribe houses and learn about their different lifestyle, culture, and history. You get a fun and educational experience: see first hand how these tribes used the blowpipe to hunt, start a fire with bamboo and used bamboos to cook their meals.

A blowpipe roadblock? Or starting a fire with Bamboo? One of the visitors mentioned a headhunting demonstration as well. That presumably would be a detour, but a shrunken head would reduce the partner's contribution for the rest of the race.  :funny:

They also have some gentle (class 1 and 2) white water rafting.

I'm seeing things they could do in Kudat, but nothing nearly as interesting as Kianson.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #399 on: November 20, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »
One of the visitors mentioned a headhunting demonstration as well. That presumably would be a detour, but a shrunken head would reduce the partner's contribution for the rest of the race.  :funny:

:lolmao:
RFF's Golden Rule: