Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 534144 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2013, 09:43:45 AM »
Taipei and Hong Kong were also connecting cities, is it possible to rule them out from next location likely visited? ???

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2013, 09:44:39 AM »
So what time do the teams set off on Leg 2?

Per 12 hours pit-stop,

Jet and Cord - 1am (estimated)
all other teams
Joey and Meghan - 2.15am (estimated)

Offline clucars

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »

Per 12 hours pit-stop,

all other teams

chinese time?

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2013, 10:54:46 AM »
Thanks Weihen and david10208! Really amazing work! I would love to see them racing live!
Would they come to Hong Kong after Guangzhou? If they do I really have to track them down!!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
Please note that 12h is not a rigidly followed rule any more, although it does happen more often on the first Pit Stop of each season.

For TAR 23 we've had:
12h (Iquique), ~26h (Santiago), ~13h (Lisbon), 0h (Svolvaer), ~16h (Sopot), ~14h (Vienna), and ~21h (Abu Dhabi).

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »

Per 12 hours pit-stop,

all other teams

chinese time?

Yeah, they should be leaving (our time) any time now.!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2013, 11:28:17 AM »
^^ Neobie said. ^^

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2013, 12:05:40 PM »

Per 12 hours pit-stop,

all other teams

The mothership TAR no longer has a set time period of 12 hours for the mandatory rest period between legs. The amount of time between arriving teams adjusted for any unannounced penalties and credits will be maintained to release teams for the next leg,
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »
omg, if they're staying in China for Leg 2, I hope they hop on over to the ghost mall in Dongguan!  :cheer:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »
I just noticed the team that was on pretty much everybody's wishlist to comeback for a possible All-Star season is the first one to go... That's ironic.  :funny:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2013, 03:07:31 PM »
Sounds like this first leg was very challenging and I hope it's a sign of things to come. As it's an all stars type season it goes without saying that it should be harder.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2013, 03:12:15 PM »
Sounds like this first leg was very challenging and I hope it's a sign of things to come. As it's an all stars type season it goes without saying that it should be harder.
I can tell this is going to be a great season! Hard Tasks. Exciting Teams and some close calls! We had one last night and it was only the first leg!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2013, 03:14:32 PM »
I can tell this is going to be a great season! Hard Tasks. Exciting Teams and some close calls! We had one last night and it was only the first leg!

It bloody well should be, with threepeaters  :gaah: competing and all... let's hope this trend diesn't change   :funny:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2013, 03:15:18 PM »

As much as People are going to complain about the cast, I reckon this season will be the most challenging the race has done and it will especially be if the Race is long.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline SM92

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2013, 03:22:21 PM »

As much as People are going to complain about the cast, I reckon this season will be the most challenging the race has done and it will especially be if the Race is long.

I agree, I think we need to accept the cast as it is and move on so we can look forward to the locations/challenges/races. Hopefully there will be a lot more close legs. The only thing is I think when the legs increase in difficulty some of the teams will fall by the wayside leaving the teams who are stronger at the tasks left standing (i.e. the cowboys) and no one wants that...

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2013, 03:28:23 PM »

Ikr. People on sucks are like " This is probably the worst season ever " or "This is the worst cast ever " or " This is the worst all-stars season ever"
Just because the twinnies got eliminated last night and YouTube didn't. If YouTube didn't get eliminated everyone would be like " What a great start to this season " It's pathetic. I can tell this season is probably gonna be one of the best competition wise we have ever had. I mean look at the teams. They all finished within 1 hour and 30 mins. It's seriously going to be season to watch.

Offline caboodle

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »
It's already super competitive and I love it!! Teams showing up to roadbloacks swearing?  :conf:
I'm excited to see how challenging the second leg is.

Offline SM92

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2013, 03:40:52 PM »
I'm new to this whole tracking the race as it goes thing. I understand how it's easier to track the leg when it begins in the US but how quickly is it possible to track the teams when they start a new leg (e.g. how quickly do we know when the leg has started/where the teams are heading next?).

Offline purefluff

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Purefluff
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »
It looks like a strong group.  I would imagine that Caroline and Jen will have a tough go, being the only all female team, but rooting for them anyway.

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
It looks like a strong group.  I would imagine that Caroline and Jen will have a tough go, being the only all female team, but rooting for them anyway.
They are a somewhat strong group but as soon as the leg comes where you have to navigate throught a city will be the death of them.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #270 on: November 18, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »

Ikr. People on sucks are like " This is probably the worst season ever " or "This is the worst cast ever " or " This is the worst all-stars season ever"
Just because the twinnies got eliminated last night and YouTube didn't. If YouTube didn't get eliminated everyone would be like " What a great start to this season " It's pathetic. I can tell this season is probably gonna be one of the best competition wise we have ever had. I mean look at the teams. They all finished within 1 hour and 30 mins. It's seriously going to be season to watch.

Sucks is correct though, I abhor all teams at some level except for three.

Offline KamFord

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »

Just because you don't like the teams doesn't mean the season or the teams are horrible. You don't know them .

Offline clucars

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #272 on: November 18, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »
Honestly the cast is not that bad, maybe a couple of teams shouldn't be labelled 'all-stars' but still each team is fun in their own way. I'm sure they will grow on us as the race keeps going.  :conf:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #273 on: November 18, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »

Just because you don't like the teams doesn't mean the season or the teams are horrible. You don't know them .

I abhor them on screen sorry :P

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #274 on: November 18, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
I'm new to this whole tracking the race as it goes thing. I understand how it's easier to track the leg when it begins in the US but how quickly is it possible to track the teams when they start a new leg (e.g. how quickly do we know when the leg has started/where the teams are heading next?).

You never know. It's different in any ocasion. Mostly you have to rely on places like Twitter or Instragam or such as to dig in between thousand of posts to discover the whereabouts of them. It's a job that requires a lot of patience and effort, specially in places where those pages are not so easy to reach for the locals, or the languaje barrier can be an obstacle. It wouldn't be the first time that we lost track of the racers in some point outside the US for days, and then suddenly we have news of them again in a different place. And if we're lucky, we can have the help of local fans who track them on the site - like it was on the first leg of this season -,  although not always this happens.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez