Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 532992 times)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1800 on: May 20, 2014, 10:38:54 AM »
They said that when they got to the Helicopter / Skydive Task, Caroline got ready faster than David, and actually saw the Clue before him, but she wasn't allowed to jump first because David & Connor got to the Clue Box first??

I assumed the 'clue' mentioned here was the Roadblock clue, not the billboard clue. So which one was it?
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1801 on: May 20, 2014, 10:45:53 AM »
Tasks like this require safety briefings. ALL teams must go thru the safety briefings, my guess is this is a production effort to not let a safety/mechanical requirement affect the placements.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1802 on: May 20, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »
Antagonization of Brendon & Rachel
Placing Dave & Connor on a pedestal
Dissolution of the RB split
Visiting 4 countries in 8 legs
Mediocre and unfair leg structures
Disappearance of the much anticipated memory challenge at the finale

Why did this season even happen? :res:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1803 on: May 20, 2014, 08:52:39 PM »

I agree with you, It wasn't a good "All Stars" Season at all, if it was a regular newbies season I wouldn't really have a problem with the route and challenges but it just wasn't worthy to be called "All Stars". If anything let's hope they have learnt from their mistakes with thi season.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1804 on: May 21, 2014, 02:26:50 AM »

I agree with you, It wasn't a good "All Stars" Season at all, if it was a regular newbies season I wouldn't really have a problem with the route and challenges but it just wasn't worthy to be called "All Stars". If anything let's hope they have learnt from their mistakes with thi season.

Strongly agree with everything above. The sad truth of the season. :(

Offline whatever

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1805 on: May 21, 2014, 05:46:54 AM »

I'm mostly disappointed by lack of memory challenge, really easy tasks most of the legs, dissolution of the RB split (this really makes me angry ... especially that Dave and Connor are the only ones who didn't do the same amount of rb ...) . I kind of get that most of the legs were changed last minute but still, they were really disappointing ...
I hope next season is a lot better ...

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1806 on: May 21, 2014, 08:31:02 AM »
They said that when they got to the Helicopter / Skydive Task, Caroline got ready faster than David, and actually saw the Clue before him, but she wasn't allowed to jump first because David & Connor got to the Clue Box first??

I assumed the 'clue' mentioned here was the Roadblock clue, not the billboard clue. So which one was it?

From what I understood it was the Billboard Clue that she seen first, but apparently she wasn't allowed to jump until Dave had spotted the clue and jumped because of him and Conner reaching the cluebox outside the Maverick Helicopters building before Country did.  :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1807 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:56 AM »

From what I understood it was the Billboard Clue that she seen first, but apparently she wasn't allowed to jump until Dave had spotted the clue and jumped because of him and Conner reaching the cluebox outside the Maverick Helicopters building before Country did.  :groan:

Even if I don't want country to win, if Caroline found the finish line location 1st, but wasn't allowed to jump 1st, it is really unfair. :( This season has too many flaws. If this were a non-all-star season, but the route for the first 8 legs is the same, the unbalanced roadblock count exists, and the unfair finish line bungee jump happening, this season still wouldn't be good.
In other words: newbie season = bad; all-star season = the worst season. :(

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1808 on: May 21, 2014, 08:46:43 AM »

Even if I don't want country to win, if Caroline found the finish line location 1st, but wasn't allowed to jump 1st, it is really unfair. :( This season has too many flaws. If this were a non-all-star season, but the route for the first 8 legs is the same, the unbalanced roadblock count exists, and the unfair finish line bungee jump happening, this season still wouldn't be good.
In other words: newbie season = bad; all-star season = the worst season. :(

I really hate to say it because I love seeing teams return, but Oh GOD, How I NEVER want to see another All Stars again! I just want Mark & Bopper and Gary & Mallory one last time though?  ???  :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....