Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 533021 times)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1750 on: April 30, 2014, 09:18:03 PM »
One question... No SpeedBump in this All-Stars? :(

There was one in Rome.
Brenchel completed a shirt printmaking Speed Bump at Trendy Connections in Colombo,
Caroline & Jenn completed a typewriter transport to a pedestal in Rome.

Oh, sorry! It's a mistake! I want to say Fast Forward! Sorry! :groan: :groan:  :funny:
Like Unfinished Business all over again. :'(

I feel like one of the Legs in Italy had the Fast Forward, but nobody chose it. Orvieto perhaps since Caroline & Jenn still had to do their SB.

I feel like it's the one thing they are doing right: no Fast Forwards in Returning Racers seasons. The Race should be more challenging and that all teams must go through the same course and no short cuts.  But for regular seasons, they really should increase the number of Fast Forwards to around 5.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1751 on: April 30, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »

David Copperfield and Phil Keoghan on The Amazing Race: All-Stars Season Finale

David created the illusion the final teams take part in during their road block. Teams have to master “the art of escape.”

Alrighty, looking at the photo, you're looking northeast.  I'm not very good at copying Google Maps, so I estimate they're standing in the Luxor southeast parking lot right beneath the monorail that runs from Excalibur to Luxor to Mandalay Bay.

So, looking northeast from the Luxor parking lot, you see the MGM Grand, the rear side of the Tropicana tower, and the Hooters Hotel right between Phil and David's heads.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1752 on: April 30, 2014, 10:50:15 PM »
As you know, Cowboys are eliminated in leg 10.  :groan: :groan:  :res: :res:

Huh? ???

Is there any confirmed info? I thought we have nothing for sure after Margie&Luke

Have you watch earlier posts? I'm sure you not read earlier posts and in other threads as well. In leg 11, Afghanimals are eliminated.

IIRC, only the 1st 4 eliminated teams were confirmed. The rest were all spec, including Cowboys getting U-turned by CaroJen, Cowboys finishing in 5th, Afghanimals finishing in 4th, Brenchel finishing in 3rd, etc... So I think there's still hope to have the Afghanimals race on the final leg.
IIRC, only the winner spec and spoilers are very confusing. ??? It's either
Show content
D&C or CaroJen.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1753 on: May 01, 2014, 12:18:06 AM »
As you know, Cowboys are eliminated in leg 10.  :groan: :groan:  :res: :res:

Huh? ???

Is there any confirmed info? I thought we have nothing for sure after Margie&Luke

Have you watch earlier posts? I'm sure you not read earlier posts and in other threads as well. In leg 11, Afghanimals are eliminated.

IIRC, only the 1st 4 eliminated teams were confirmed. The rest were all spec, including Cowboys getting U-turned by CaroJen, Cowboys finishing in 5th, Afghanimals finishing in 4th, Brenchel finishing in 3rd, etc... So I think there's still hope to have the Afghanimals race on the final leg.
IIRC, only the winner spec and spoilers are very confusing. ??? It's either
Show content
D&C or CaroJen.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Only the final five were  confirmed because the Globes were seen in Bangkok with the remaining eliminated teams if I remember correctly. Cowboys were believed to be eliminated in 5th, because somebody on Sucks saw them being interviewed at the mat or something like that...

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1754 on: May 01, 2014, 01:03:14 AM »
What we have in the sightings thread is a direct messages exchange between abollo and a tweeter user who said he saw three M/M teams arriving to the mat, and the very real chance that Leo/Jamal have won the leg, based on abollo showing him their pics and the user pointed them as the ones he saw first arriving; and 2 photos of Cowboys and Brenchel doing their confessionals at Plaza de España.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1755 on: May 01, 2014, 09:21:25 AM »
Just a random thought, but I was thinking that maybe the final task might be a Memory challange relating to music?
Every leg, except for the 2nd, teams heard some sort of music playing somewhere along the route, E.g the wise man on Leg 6 with the flute, or any of the bands such as the start line, or the celebrations in Leg 3, and disco in Leg 4.
Anyway, my guess is maybe the final challange will have teams listen to loads of different music pieces and match them to the corresponding leg. 
AND the twist would be that the William Tell theme would be the music for Leg 9, even though teams never actually heard it, so they'd just have to figure it.

Not sure if I explained that all that well, but yea, that's what I'm thinking? :lol:

But with David Copperfield, the final task is probably a magic task, which I'm also fine with.  :lol: :wohoo:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1756 on: May 01, 2014, 09:57:42 AM »
Wow! I had that idea for a memory task, but that's good spec. :)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #1757 on: May 01, 2014, 07:24:41 PM »
I think the Copperfield task will be a Leg Opener, to make the audience more interested in it. Opening with a WOW moment is always recommended.

With the speculated change on the route I don't know if we would even have a memory task because I figure it would've been planned before the start of the race.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1758 on: May 01, 2014, 10:11:07 PM »
Just a random thought, but I was thinking that maybe the final task might be a Memory challange relating to music?
Every leg, except for the 2nd, teams heard some sort of music playing somewhere along the route, E.g the wise man on Leg 6 with the flute, or any of the bands such as the start line, or the celebrations in Leg 3, and disco in Leg 4.
Anyway, my guess is maybe the final challange will have teams listen to loads of different music pieces and match them to the corresponding leg. 
AND the twist would be that the William Tell theme would be the music for Leg 9, even though teams never actually heard it, so they'd just have to figure it.

Not sure if I explained that all that well, but yea, that's what I'm thinking? :lol:

But with David Copperfield, the final task is probably a magic task, which I'm also fine with.  :lol: :wohoo:
The captions said something about the final TEAMS taking part in the Roadblock. I'm thinking this may be like TAR15 all over again, Roadblock when arriving at McCarran and then a few more things to do before the Finish Line. ;)
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1759 on: May 03, 2014, 01:38:05 AM »
Here's some interesting information I found in the Wikipedia article on David Copperfield. It turns out he owns the International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts, which is located at his headquarters in Las Vegas. I initially thought that would be where they would have teams do magic. However, from the descriptions I found of the museum it doesn't sound like a place with performing stages. I think the museum probably isn't directly related to anything we will see in the finale, but stranger things have happened.

International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts

Copperfield owns the International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts, which houses the world's largest[38] collection of historically significant magic memorabilia, books, and artifacts. Begun in 1991 when Copperfield purchased the Mullholland Library of Conjuring and the Allied Arts, which contained the world's largest collection of Houdini memorabilia,[2] the museum comprises approximately 80,000 items of magic memorabilia, including Houdini's Water Torture Cabinet and his Metamorphosis Trunk, Orson Welles' Buzz Saw Illusion and automata created by Robert-Houdin.[38][39]

The museum is not open to the public; tours are reserved for "colleagues, fellow magicians, and serious collectors".[38] Located in a warehouse at Copperfield's headquarters in Las Vegas, the museum is entered via a secret door in what was described by actor Hugh Jackman as a "sex shop"[40] and by Forbes as a "mail-order lingerie warehouse".[2] "'It doesn't need to be secret, it needs to be respected,' he said. 'If a scholar or journalist needs a piece of magic history, it's there.'"[41]

And here's a more detailed description by a visitor from a Los Angeles Times article from 2002:

LAS VEGAS — It's the middle of the night, and David Copperfield is exploring the rooms where the ghosts live.

It often happens when Copperfield, arguably the world's most famous magician, is staying at the massive industrial warehouse that serves as his headquarters and home when he is not on his relentless international touring schedule. He will find it hard to sleep, and, wandering around in his robe, he winds up in an immaculately designed room filled with strange wonders.

Inside, an animatronic figure -- a wind-up mechanical man in a glass case -- begins to silently wave his small baton without warning. Shadows seem to move in and about the hundreds of framed vintage posters of legendary magicians hanging on the walls. As Copperfield moves around, Charlie McCarthy, the wooden partner of ventriloquist Edgar Bergen, sits in a chair, taking in the eerie atmosphere.

"I don't know why these things seem to move just by themselves," Copperfield says. "They just do."

Though Copperfield is best known for his glitzy stage shows and the elaborate live TV productions in which he made the Statue of Liberty, an airplane and a 70-ton Orient Express train vanish, it is in these hidden and locked rooms where the more introspective and private artist finds sanctuary and inspiration.

These rooms contain possibly the world's largest magic museum, filled with priceless and irreplaceable artifacts on the history and art of magic from around the world. More than 80,000 items are housed in the private museum, which Copperfield has christened the International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts.

Among its more valuable pieces are Harry Houdini's Metamorphosis Trunk, the first ever employed in the illusion of disappearances; coins that Wyman the Wizard used to pass through President Lincoln's hands; the Chung Ling Soo rifle, believed to be the weapon used when the Chinese magician performed his notorious bullet-catching trick one too many times; and props used by Channing Pollock, the magician frequently featured on the Ed Sullivan show who would produce doves out of thin air. Also included in the museum are 15,000 magic books, some from the 16th century.

The museum is off-limits to all but the magician's admired colleagues, fellow magicians and serious collectors.

It sounds like a cool place to have the teams wander through and do their magic trick. However, I suspect it's more likely they will just use Copperfield's show room at the MGM Grand for during the off hours between shows. Now that I think of it, since they arrived in the late afternoon, that would argue for it being one of the first places they go, since show rooms (and David Copperfield) would be busy and unavailable from roughly 7 PM to midnight or later.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:58:09 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1760 on: May 03, 2014, 02:17:37 PM »
Nice, Plaid!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1761 on: May 04, 2014, 11:14:32 AM »
http://www.mjsbigblog.com/amazing-race-stars-spoilers-elimination-order.htm   

The Amazing Race: All Stars Spoilers – Elimination Order and Route Info

By Steven On 02/16/2014 · 12 Comments · In Amazing Race

The Amazing Race: All Stars premieres next week, but the elimination order has already been revealed. Read on if you want to know where each team places and travels in the race this season, including who the winners are.

The premiere is next week, and I’ll be back to recap the season for this site. However, the entire season has already been spoiled online. Before I post the spoilers, I must clarify that I did not attain these spoilers myself. These were first posted online months ago while the race was in progress on the website Survivor Sucks. The spoilers also were posted on Reality Fan Forum and Idol Forums. So I don’t take credit for discovering these spoilers. I’m just sharing them on this site as well.

Here is the boot order of The Amazing Race: All Stars:

11th place: Natalie and Nadiya

10th place: Mark and Mallory

9th place: Joey and Meghan

8th place: Margie and Luke

7th place: John and Jessica

6th place: Flight Time and Big Easy

5th place: Jet and Cord

4th place: Leo and Jamal

3rd place: Brendon and Rachel

2nd place: Caroline and Jennifer

1st place: Dave and Connor

So there you have it. Dave and Connor, the father/son duo who had to withdraw from their first race due to Dave’s injury, end up winning The Amazing Race: All Stars. Dave and Connor’s victory (as well as the entire boot order) seems to be true based on evidence posted online. But the only way to be certain is to watch the season.

In addition, here is the route info for this season:

Leg 1: Guangzhou, China

Leg 2: Guangzhou, China

Leg 3: Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Leg 4: Kuala Lampur, Malaysia

Leg 5: Colombo, Sri Lanka

Leg 6: Kandy, Sri Lanka ------>>>>  :funny: :funny: (RFF)

Leg 7: Rome, Italy

Leg 8: Orvieto, Italy

Leg 9: Lucerne, Switzerland

Leg 10: Seville, Spain

Leg 11: North Wales, United Kingdom

Leg 12: Las Vegas, Nevada

So what are your thoughts on the spoilers? Are you happy with the winning team? Post your thoughts in the comments section below and come back next week for my first episode recap of The Amazing Race: All-Stars.
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1762 on: May 04, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »
Oh god no :res:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1763 on: May 04, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »
NOOOOO
AFGHANIMALS PLEASE SAVE THE SEASON!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #1764 on: May 04, 2014, 08:06:04 PM »
NOOOOO

For me it's either way The Afghanimals or D&C (I still like Connor)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1765 on: May 04, 2014, 09:43:34 PM »
NOOOOO

Afghans+Brenchel+Country Final 3 is still what I would love to see.

Either one of them winning would be really good. I wish the spoiler was wrong! :P

Offline whatever

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1766 on: May 05, 2014, 05:23:24 AM »
I guess D&C deserve it, I'm OK with them winning, but I would still love to see Afghanimals in the final 3! (1st or 2nd would be perfect :D)
I hope they don't get eliminated because of the knee injury ...

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1767 on: May 05, 2014, 07:23:00 AM »
I'll have anyone winning except country. If country wins, I'll go berzerk. :gaah: :tantrum

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #1768 on: May 05, 2014, 08:43:55 AM »
NOOOOO

Afghans+Brenchel+Country Final 3 is still what I would love to see.

Either one of them winning would be really good. I wish the spoiler was wrong! :P

This.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1769 on: May 05, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »
Goodness, I have not been here in a LOOOONG time...

Exciting season so far IMO. Anyways two legs left and it's pretty exciting on how things have turned out so far.

Magic task on the Final leg? Looks exciting... but we'll see when the time comes.

Winner? I'm OK with anyone but Brenchel. I don't like those two but I'd like to see Dave and Connor or the Afghanimals win.I'm fine with the singers but in the end, I'm fine really. :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1770 on: May 06, 2014, 01:20:18 PM »
Is it true that D&C won?

My speculation is that Dave and Connor did not win, for various reasons. However, due to editing, I find it hard to rule out any of the other teams as winner possibilities.

Well now it seems like Dave and Connor will win. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1771 on: May 06, 2014, 01:22:32 PM »
The magic task on TAR Asia 4 Finale was lame beyond words. I'm not banking on pitting any high hopes. :funny:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1772 on: May 06, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »
The magic task on TAR Asia 4 Finale was lame beyond words. I'm not banking on pitting any high hopes. :funny:
Very true. I'm doubtful that the magic task will live up to its hype.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1773 on: May 06, 2014, 06:31:27 PM »
So is Dave and Connor confirmed as the winners?

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #1774 on: May 07, 2014, 08:39:42 PM »

I was thinking the same thing... everything fits... never thought about the William Tell music...
About Leg 2... what about the noise of the toy car from the Roadblock... maybe that is what they will actually hear...

Leg 1: Marching Band - Pit Start
Leg 2: Toy Car Noise - Roadblock
Leg 3: Tribal Music at the Raft Building Station - Route Marker or Pit Stop.
Leg 4: Rythm to bounce to get a clue in Kota Kibanalu - Roadblock
Leg 5: Sewing Machine - Roadblock
Leg 6: Wise Man - Route Marker
Leg 7: Swords Clashing? - Detour (This might not work)
Leg 8: Donkeys? - Both Detours (This might not work)
Leg 9: William Tell?
Leg 10: Trumpet guy in Alameda de Hercules - Route Marker or Barber of Seville Opera - Roadblock
(Or maybe the Star Wars theme :funny: )

Maybe is not just music but... music seems like it could be a big part of the challenge.