Archive > The Amazing Race 24 Spoilers

TAR 24 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**

<< < (4/8) > >>

Kamineko:
^

I think you should post this in TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread, not this thread.

georgiapeach:
Lets try to focus on likely places they might go in Guangzhou please? Who knows the city??

stekay:
From Wikipedia:

The Eight Sights of Guangzhou are the 8 most famous tourist attractions listed by rulers in different ages. The following are those chosen through public appraisal and brought out in 2011.
Tayao Xincheng: Canton Tower, Chigang Pagoda, Haixinsha, Flower City Square, Twin Towers, CITIC Plaza and etc.
Zhushui Liuguang: Pearl River (segment from Bai'etan to Pazhou), Wharves, Bai'etan, Shamian Island, Yanjiang Lu, Ersha Island, Haixinsha, Guangzhou Convention and Exhibition Center and etc.
Yunshan Diecui: Baiyun Mountain, Yuntai Garden and etc.
Yuexiu Fenghua: Yuexiu Mountain, Zhenhai Tower, Five Rams Statue, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Monument and etc.
Guci Liufang: Chen Clan Academy and Guangdong Folk Craftwork Museum
Liwan Shengjing: Litchi Bay, Liwan Lake, Arcades on Enning Lu, Xiguan Residences and etc.
Kecheng Jinxiu: Guangzhou Science City
Shidi Changwan: Nansha Wetland Park

stekay:
Famous tourist attractions, also Wikipedia:

Xiguan (西关)
Chen Clan Academy/Chan Clan Ancestral Hall (陈氏书院/陈家祠)
Shamian Island/Shameen Island (沙面岛)
Guangdong Provincial Museum (广东省博物馆)
Museum of the Mausoleum of the Nanyue King (西汉南越王博物馆)
Temple of the Six Banyan Trees (六榕寺)
Sacred Heart Cathedral/Stone House (石室圣心大教堂)
Huaisheng Mosque (怀圣寺)
Temple of Bright Filial Piety (光孝寺)
Chime-Long Paradise (长隆欢乐世界)
Chime-Long WaterPark (长隆水上乐园)
Guangzhou Peasant Movement Institute (广州市农民运动讲习所)
Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (中山纪念堂)

Neobie:
I go there for shopping, but Guangzhou's not exactly a place filled with tourist attractions. Those listed above are what the tourism department wants to market, but... they're mostly quite boring to the Westerner. Might be able to ID some places once photos come in!

I remember Qingping Market used to sell live scorpions (where old ladies would pick them up with chopsticks and put them into water bottles for sale), but I'm not sure if they (and the cats and other assorted animals) have been cleared out after SARS.

I'd like them to try to find someone in front of Guangzhou Train Station. *evil grin*
This is it in one of its more lively moments: http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/guangzhou_train_station_large.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version