Author Topic: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 253827 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #1075 on: April 27, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »
I'm SICK of the helping and being best friends forever. They need to put some strict limitation on that... it's really irritating and doesn't even create much drama. It just creates frustration for the viewers.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1076 on: April 27, 2014, 08:12:36 PM »
I'm SICK of the helping and being best friends forever. They need to put some strict limitation on that... it's really irritating and doesn't even create much drama. It just creates frustration for the viewers.

Oh trust me, the viewers are sick of it. The only team left that the casuals like are the Cowboys pretty much.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #1077 on: April 27, 2014, 08:18:51 PM »
They are slowly being converted to Brenchel love <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1078 on: April 27, 2014, 08:19:39 PM »
They are slowly being converted to Brenchel love <3

Which I bet is the opposite effect that the producers and editors had in mind :lol:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1079 on: April 28, 2014, 08:16:43 AM »
No Keep on Racing this season. :(

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1080 on: April 28, 2014, 09:08:51 AM »
No Keep on Racing this season. :(

This Sooooooo Much!!!!
I was almost certain this leg was going to be a KOR leg.
Unless they're going to surprise us and have next leg a KOR, with an Elimination? I wouldn't mind that actually. :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1081 on: April 28, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »
The bull inflatable task looks lamer than TAR21's bull costume Detour (at least it was more dangerous). :'(
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #1082 on: April 28, 2014, 10:28:55 PM »
The bull inflatable task looks lamer than TAR21's bull costume Detour (at least it was more dangerous). :'(

It might be to avoid a possible controversy for "animal abuse" and still use one of Spain's most known pieces of culture... remember the Ram Fight in TAR23 Indonesia leg... that caused some trouble.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1083 on: April 29, 2014, 05:29:19 AM »
Is it possible that David Copperfield can save this wreck of a season? Probably not, but I AM excited  :hearts:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1084 on: April 29, 2014, 07:49:13 PM »
So 8 countries and 3 continents. The last season to visit only 8 countries was TAR 13 but that only had 11 legs yet they managed to go 5 continents and the only other season to visit only 8 countries was TAR 2 but they also visited 5 continents and it was only the season season so I can excuse that and yet it is the third longest route in TAR history at 52,000 miles.

Even thought this season isn't over yet I can easily say the rankings of All Stars seasons would be

TAR 11 > TAR 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TAR 24
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1085 on: April 30, 2014, 07:40:25 PM »

It might be to avoid a possible controversy for "animal abuse" and still use one of Spain's most known pieces of culture... remember the Ram Fight in TAR23 Indonesia leg... that caused some trouble.
"If it can't be done with class and quality, don't do it at all." Still, there is more than just bulls in Spain.

I just saw a promo where teams are injuring themselves in this task. :groan:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1086 on: April 30, 2014, 07:56:21 PM »
Even thought this season isn't over yet I can easily say the rankings of All Stars seasons would be

TAR 11 > TAR 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TAR 24

There's definitely no debating that ranking. lol I think everyone agrees.

Offline Mela

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1087 on: May 01, 2014, 03:50:43 PM »
Why do some spoilers say that D&C won?  How do they know?

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #1088 on: May 01, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »

"If it can't be done with class and quality, don't do it at all." Still, there is more than just bulls in Spain.

Now, anti-bulling movements are becoming more and more popular, and yes, most of the Spaniards don't really want to have an image of bulls over the world. That does not represent the majority of the citizenship, although the richest do support this. :/

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #1089 on: May 01, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »

Now, anti-bulling movements are becoming more and more popular, and yes, most of the Spaniards don't really want to have an image of bulls over the world. That does not represent the majority of the citizenship, although the richest do support this. :/

Yes I agree, but is still a thing associated with Spain's culture or folklore even... Personally I wish Music and Architecture of Spain would take a bigger role, even bigger than what it is now.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1090 on: May 01, 2014, 10:00:32 PM »

Yes I agree, but is still a thing associated with Spain's culture or folklore even... Personally I wish Music and Architecture of Spain would take a bigger role, even bigger than what it is now.
This season has shown more of the straightforward and ignorant side of traveling that I simply dislike. All I want is a sangria (Spanish alcoholic beverage) mixing & delivery-style task or a La Tomatina Switchback from TAR10 that could save this Leg right now.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #1091 on: May 02, 2014, 01:26:33 AM »
BTW, la Tomatina is a traditional thing from Buņol, a town in Valencia. It was not really a good move to place it in barcelona as, well, it had nothing to do with Barcelona, and I can tell you, 500%, that Barcelona has a lot of potential to have a lot of great tasks.

As long as La Tomatina is a great "Battle", I can also tell you that there are other kind of battles in Spain that could be good too (Flour or fireworks, for example), so I just say: WRP stick to the locations the things come from. If you want a Tomatina, come to Valencia and make it.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1092 on: May 02, 2014, 02:54:14 AM »
One of the few positives of this season:

The Speed Bumps were pretty good (compared to TAR19-23)

Having them print screen T-Shirts, carry a heavy typewriter around Rome, and dance the flamenco is definitely better and slightly more cultural and even slightly harder Speed Bumps than the entirety of TAR19-23's Speed Bumps. (The only Speed Bump I have ever enjoyed from those seasons were Max & Katie's Speed Bump in Botswana :P)

Other than that, this season suffers from:

-Horrible Title Quotes
-Horrible Bootlist (You know it's bad when all your favorites get eliminated from 11th-7th place  :groan:)
-Horribly unbalanced or poorly designed Detours in a few legs (Leg 3 definitely comes to mind, deliver a box or spend potentially more time trying to shoot blow darts. Leg 2 as well, kicking shuttlecocks and potentially spending a lot of time or lying down for 15 minutes?)
-Bad Roadblocks (Leg 1 was mainly there for "heights" Leg 2 was pretty boring (kids saved it), Leg 3 was really linear and unchallenging, Leg 5 was really REALLY boring, Leg 8 was pretty boring too, Leg 9 was horribly unbalanced for female racers etc.) The only REAL Roadblock I enjoyed were the ones in Leg 4,6, and 7. (The locals helping and answer sharing kinda ruined Leg 7's Roadblock, but I still liked it as a task,)
-A shocking lack of Active Route Infos (common for the past few seasons but still very meh)
-Horrible Flights (I know Legs 3-4 were replacement but couldn't they have even made flights like I don't know, only an hour behind than THREE? On a linear leg? Ugh. It was definitely guaranteed last places from any of the teams on the last flight and Leg 4 was simply saved because of the flight delay.)
-Low Budgeted tasks (I could re-enact the Rome Detour at home for under a hundred dollars! Just buy some toy chariots and a toy sword. Yay! Shuttlecocks are also about 10 dollars here for a set of 15. Whee!) I really really felt like each leg of this season was made for nothing but to save money, which is a shame.
-The worst route ever (Double legs up to Leg 8 :res:) You know it's bad when it visits even LESSER countries than TAR21
-The worst cast ever (Threepeaters and not even good ones. (I liked Margie/Luke this time around but oh well) Where are the "legitimate" All-Stars? Where were Bill/Cathi? Tim/Marie? Pam/Winnie? Andy/Tommy(Even though i dont like them the casuals adore them soooo)? Instead we got the biggest WTF decisions ever such as Jessica/John(I like them, but they deserve to be on Unfinished Business 2.0 more than "All Stars"), Jet/Cord, Globes, and Mark/Mallory. (This gimmick of a sudden hybrid team wasn't going to work from the very beginning and it was very very sad to see them self-destruct on Leg 2). The next time we have another returning racer season, the cast just needs to be better.

Overall, this has got to be the worst season ever, and TAR25 needs to pick it up, because I still love this show, and I want it to live a very very good TV life along with Survivor forever.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:14:10 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1093 on: May 02, 2014, 12:14:24 PM »
i love the italy legs.

BUT, i hate the fact that because a particular team won, the other team is being edited as the villian again. :res:

boo.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #1094 on: May 02, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »
Yeah, Italy has been really good this time around.

Gotta say, this just does not make much sense as an All-Stars season. I see challenges easier and easier time and time again.

Leg 07 DT: 5 laps on a radiocontrolled car.
Leg 08 DT: 3 laps on a donkey. :res:

Leg 09 RB: Take 1 out of 2 Gondolas up and down, then head to Pitstop: last team is stuckkkk.

I just feel that final placings are somehow random. Once you are at the top, next leg you go down to the bottom...

PS: Me complaining in different threads by all RFF means me in the library feeling like studying no more.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1095 on: May 02, 2014, 12:23:53 PM »
oh david <3

you need some out of study love.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1096 on: May 02, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »
Yeah, Italy has been really good this time around.

Gotta say, this just does not make much sense as an All-Stars season. I see challenges easier and easier time and time again.

Leg 07 DT: 5 laps on a radiocontrolled car.
Leg 08 DT: 3 laps on a donkey. :res:

Leg 09 RB: Take 1 out of 2 Gondolas up and down, then head to Pitstop: last team is stuckkkk.

I just feel that final placings are somehow random. Once you are at the top, next leg you go down to the bottom...

PS: Me complaining in different threads by all RFF means me in the library feeling like studying no more.
And don't forget the amount of toy assembling this season. :gaah:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1097 on: May 03, 2014, 12:56:15 AM »
And the one train to Switzerland as compared to the many trains we have in Season 22 that was absolutely breath taking? :oh

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1098 on: May 03, 2014, 01:22:31 AM »
I don't think Switzerland was that great of a leg to be honest. it was a decent leg but nowhere the level of Sri Lanka 2.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1099 on: May 03, 2014, 09:53:37 AM »
The only decent Switzerland Leg during the Ford sponsorship was in the Zermatt episode (not the one where they measured Leichtenstein) because the Matterhorn Detour is breathtaking, first-hand, and environmentally challenging. RB was okay, kind of boring, but decent.

Anyone noticed this?
Ever since TAR changed sponsorship from Mercedes-Benz to Ford, they changed the style of the show, editing, task designs, and non-climactic HD scenes.