Author Topic: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 254436 times)

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
Re: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #800 on: November 28, 2013, 01:53:08 PM »
this is my first time (and probably will also be the last, unless they have another allstar maybe) following the live sightings thread, was the spoilers is always this heavy or is it because it's an allstar so it easier to track them?

and how often the production throw a decoy to confuse fans?

out of all confirmed sightings team i can only root for Caroline & Jennifer *loud sigh*
to a lesser extent John & Jessica *even louder sigh*
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:38:34 PM by jetishidae »
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #801 on: November 28, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »
I actually really like this route so far, hopefully we see some Africa and then hop back to Europe because they're my favourite sorts of routes :lol:
[/quote)

I hope that South Africa is last stop before USA!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #802 on: November 28, 2013, 06:08:10 PM »
This has to be some kind of strange Bert & Co/CBS fun Race run or something just for themselves and there actually won't be a TAR this Spring.

Right?  They can't possibly think this is what people want to watch?  :nut:

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #803 on: November 28, 2013, 06:12:14 PM »
Im 85% confident that CaroJen survived this leg sith speedbump.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #804 on: November 28, 2013, 06:15:24 PM »
I wonder what our missing leg is. Could be a eastern europe or north western africa leg?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #805 on: November 28, 2013, 06:20:14 PM »
Disgusting Teams, Disgusting Producers, Disgusting Mentality.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #806 on: November 28, 2013, 10:56:56 PM »
CaroJen to win AS <3
Cowboys to be humiliated again <3

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #807 on: November 29, 2013, 02:01:41 AM »
Caroline and Jenn doing surprisingly well. <3

#PrayForCountrySingers (IT WORKS)

For what it's worth, I checked out Jen's twitter account shortly before the race started and she had all kinds of tweets about her fitness trainers and the workouts she was doing she was doing. It sounded pretty hardcore. The workout tweets went back for at least 2 or 3 months and that was as far as I looked. It looked to me like she decided to be in the best shape she could be in if she was chosen for TAR 24. I expect that it's playing a big role in their thus far surprisingly good showing.

Caroline doesn't tweet much, but I got the impression she was doing the same thing.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #808 on: November 29, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »
CaroJen to win AS <3
Cowboys to be humiliated again <3

That would make for some great TV!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #809 on: November 30, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »
I don't think there's much reason to complain about the cast, performance-wise. All of the racers are at least Top 5 (except JJ and Cancer), so maybe instead of going for popularity TPTB cast this season on thirst to win. Thinking back on the previous seasons these teams are extremely competitive (as proof, look at the 5-way almost-tie in leg 2)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

laimis

« Reply #810 on: December 01, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »
Very boring route =//

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #811 on: December 01, 2013, 10:57:50 AM »
Very boring route =//
Let's hope for exciting tasks like what everyone thought of the TAR14 countries.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #812 on: December 01, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
I don't think there's much reason to complain about the cast, performance-wise. All of the racers are at least Top 5 (except JJ and Cancer), so maybe instead of going for popularity TPTB cast this season on thirst to win. Thinking back on the previous seasons these teams are extremely competitive (as proof, look at the 5-way almost-tie in leg 2)

I agree with this 100%.  I don't see why so many people are complaining about the cast, and saying they're not going to watch the season when it airs?  ???

Sure, we have 3 teams we've seen twice before, and a few teams that are "boring" as some people believe, (I personally love the cast),  but even with that, imagine the excitement of watching this, the competitiveness between the teams will be tremendous and it's something I don't think we've EVER seen.  It's one of the strongest casts ever, with the exception of Youtube.
And for that reason I feel that this could be one of the best seasons we've seen in a long time!  :conf:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #813 on: December 01, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »
I will just have to start rooting for the Country Singers. <3

JJ and Cancer are not my cup of tea... Threepeaters are NOT AT ALL! Hate Cowboys and am bored of Trotters (2 times was enough for their FRANZ matter).

Lord, help the blondes win the million <3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #814 on: December 01, 2013, 11:52:35 AM »

I agree with this 100%.  I don't see why so many people are complaining about the cast, and saying they're not going to watch the season when it airs?  ???

Sure, we have 3 teams we've seen twice before, and a few teams that are "boring" as some people believe, (I personally love the cast),  but even with that, imagine the excitement of watching this, the competitiveness between the teams will be tremendous and it's something I don't think we've EVER seen.  It's one of the strongest casts ever, with the exception of Youtube.
And for that reason I feel that this could be one of the best seasons we've seen in a long time!  :conf:
Well, the Facebook followers on the official TAR page will start pulling hair about it. 70% of them absolutely hate all-stars (sadly, even TAR11) and will be super annoyed at the 3-peaters from Unfinished Business.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

paldog123456

« Reply #815 on: December 01, 2013, 12:28:32 PM »
EWWW at 3 couplets of legs in the same countries... I still have hope for this season, though, as I happen to like all of those countries/locations (especially Rome and Guangzhou!).

Online disturbia_alp

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #816 on: December 01, 2013, 12:53:42 PM »
Country Singers make it F6 ♥♥♥ (or F5)

Offline memmathsi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #817 on: December 01, 2013, 02:32:31 PM »
I wish I could figure out people cheering for the Country Girls.  They are so obviously aligned, even from what little we know, with The Cowboys it is annoying.  And, I can already hear how it is going to be played out on TAR.  :groan:

Even at the Spanish Steps one has to wonder if they were helped by them again.

The injury causing early elimination will be played up for Dave & Connor. Leo & Jamal will probably still be played as obnoxious individuals who think they are funny. Jessica & John don't deserve to be there (they are the one reason I fully believe this is not an AS season, but yet another UB...but why you would allow teams to return who already did an UB season is beyond me).

OMG...am I seriously left with the Globetrotters?    :'(

TAR24 will be like TAR23 for me...a season that after about episode 4, I watch if I remember and have nothing else to do, not one that I dvr, stress about missing it or even attempt to watch if I miss. 

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #818 on: December 01, 2013, 03:03:13 PM »
This route is turning out really great. First Rome and now Sevilla? Wow!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #819 on: December 02, 2013, 05:52:43 AM »
If Leo & Jamal made it on UB 2, explain to me how BJ & Tyler didn't make it on All-Stars?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #820 on: December 02, 2013, 05:57:42 AM »
TAR, like Survivor, have suddenly completely forgotten their casing skills, apart from one or two stars.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #821 on: December 02, 2013, 06:19:19 AM »
If Leo & Jamal made it on UB 2, explain to me how BJ & Tyler didn't make it on All-Stars?

From the All Stars Wikipedia page:

He (Phil Keoghan) also added that the production team's goal for the race "wasn't to pick the best racers", but "to pick the teams that have earned the most attention over the last 10 seasons". (Despite the "All-Stars" title, only one team, Uchenna and Joyce, was a winner of a previous season.)

Apparently the production team didn't feel that BJ & Tyler earned the one of the highest amounts of attention. I don't know if they are using the same criteria this time, but the Afghanimals have been very polarizing and have earned a lot of public attention. Much of it has been negative attention, but that can be almost as useful to the producers as a team people love.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #822 on: December 02, 2013, 06:39:11 AM »
I didn't realize Danooky's observation re: Strength of this cast. A valid point! I guess even though I do not like the cast, I hope their competitiveness would make this a slightly less bad season :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #823 on: December 02, 2013, 09:06:15 AM »
i am piss spain

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #824 on: December 02, 2013, 09:26:01 AM »
i am piss spain

What's up with Spain? Because I'm Spanish.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses