Author Topic: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 254489 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #725 on: November 24, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »
Johnny: Normally I would not even reply on the forum but would handle something like this in a PM privately. However since this is so public I will address it publicly. I thought that I read every post in this thread and I really don't recall anyone saying you should be banned. If you want to point me to a post, send me a PM with the information or better yet click on the report to moderator text. We don't tolerate bad behavior here. From now on, send Peach or me a PM to discuss any issues that you have here on RFF rather than complaining on the board.

We all want you to be a contributing member here and I believe that you can be one. I would encourage you to reread some of the posts that have been made on this page because there are some valuable suggestions for you.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #726 on: November 24, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
I'll not add on to the fire, but Neobie is not a female and neither is he ugly. I think you should somehow apologize.. not that he cares or really mind, but it's not a nice thing that even after you realized it's Neobie, you just let the matter past. ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #727 on: November 24, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
is Youtube elimination confirmed?

yes.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #728 on: November 24, 2013, 11:10:21 PM »
I figure I will put it here since I don't where else to, how long do legs usually last? Do they get frequent meals cause some of the tasks obviously takes some physical and mental stamina? How long are the usual rest stops for? Just curious.   Also has anyone else been eliminated cause they had to go to the washroom aka Jen and Kisha S14 :funny:. Thanks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #729 on: November 24, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »
Clearly I am a bit behind here. TL and Neobie and Alenaveda have said it all very nicely.

But I want ALL of you to remember this please:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

And particularly for our senior members here: If you have a concern or see an issue, use the report to mod button, that is why it is there. But I will ask you all to NOT respond in kind, to NOT fight amongst each other, to NOT feed the flames by attempting to correct someone yourself.

Johnny, I hope you can take these concerns to heart as well, please read these concerns carefully.  In the meantime do remember that you may NOT post in the live thread unless you have a live sighting yourself. No questions, no responses, no nothing.

It takes time to learn your way around a new place. I hope you will take some time to listen, to read, and explore some of the excellent work that we do here. and you too can use the report to mod button if you feel harassed or bullied.

Now moving on.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #731 on: November 25, 2013, 03:32:02 AM »
Petition to ban the words: cowturds, uturds and (eventually) globeturds

I could support this suggestion. :)

Agreed ;-)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #732 on: November 25, 2013, 04:14:27 AM »
One thing~ Why haven't there been any spoilers or spottings in today's leg? We should have found out something by now....

Secondly, this board is suppose to be filled with nice people yet all I see is people hoping that I get banned and post it all over the place. Mrs. Peach I thought this wasn't like sucks?

One: There are really times that the Race is untrackable. How on earth can you track teams in the middle of the Sahara (an example)? Plus, don't you want some ~thrill~? Not that I don't love spoilers (I LOVE SPOILERS!!) but too much of it won't be exciting. :lol:

Two: People in RFF are generally nice. And here we follow a certain rules that are outlined every now and then. So when you don't follow the rules, there will be people (especially me, who also didn't follow rules before and got the same treatment :lol:) that will tell you, especially when the offense is really obvious. And besides, someone scolding you doesn't necessarily mean they are bad, right? They just want this place to be in order. :tup:

P.S. Back in the days we used to have puddin. You are lucky puddin is not here (puddin is an AMAZING and also HARSH AND BRUTAL moderator, but here brash tenacity is obviously on the right side of everything <3). I guess we need puddin again to punish those who don't follow? :lol: (I was punished by puddin before and it was awesome //meangirls)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #733 on: November 25, 2013, 04:16:57 AM »
P.S. I'm sorry for being harsh and all :( :lol: I experienced the same thing before and from there I learned. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #734 on: November 25, 2013, 04:56:22 AM »
Okay. NOW that cocoa has had his say   :lol:

WE ARE MOVING ON. 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #735 on: November 25, 2013, 06:49:18 AM »
One: There are really times that the Race is untrackable. How on earth can you track teams in the middle of the Sahara (an example)? Plus, don't you want some ~thrill~? Not that I don't love spoilers (I LOVE SPOILERS!!) but too much of it won't be exciting. :lol:

I agree with Cocoa on this point. As much as I love spoilers, I like how teams disappear and go 'ninja' for awhile. And when they pop up again, it becomes more like a surprise, rather than we know what's happening every now and then :lol:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #736 on: November 25, 2013, 09:28:54 AM »
P.S. Back in the days we used to have puddin. You are lucky puddin is not here (puddin is an AMAZING and also HARSH AND BRUTAL moderator, but here brash tenacity is obviously on the right side of everything <3). I guess we need puddin again to punish those who don't follow? :lol: (I was punished by puddin before and it was awesome //meangirls)

This is so true, lucky indeed! There will never be another puddin, she is a one of a kind, amazing person indeed! (And she WAS swift to punish, Kapow!)

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #737 on: November 25, 2013, 11:08:28 AM »
For what it's worth, I wasn't offended by anything Johnnyboy said to me yesterday. It was pretty mild and something that perhaps could have been worded differently and made the same point. I've certainly been called worse things. Sometimes with justification.  :ascared

I don't think Johnnyboy should be banned. If he calms down a bit, I think he could be a good member of our little community. Johnnyboy reminds me a bit of Prophet. When Prophet arrived, it seemed like he made 200 posts a day and got to 5,000 posts in an incredibly short time. It was kind of annoying. Once he settled down, he became one of the more popular members around here. I hope Prophet isn't offended by my mentioning him here. I meant it as a compliment.

:lol: No probs :tup:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #738 on: November 25, 2013, 02:28:19 PM »
Oh my god i seriously thought uturds refers to uturns, lol  :stare
i'm looking forward for u-turns,  feels conflicted because u-turn drama is something i look forward every season so spoilers will ruin the fun, but as long as it's the cowboys who got uturn and go home i will celebrate it  :cheer:  :cheer:
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #739 on: November 25, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »
Oh my god i seriously thought uturds refers to uturns, lol  :stare
Oh wait, so it doesn't? :lol: I already wanted to say that Afghanimals could also be called uturds and now I realized it stands for youtube ans not uturns :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #740 on: November 25, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »
 A turd is what a dog poops. So not related to youturns, lol. And NOT a nice thing to say.

#lostintranslation
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #741 on: November 25, 2013, 03:35:40 PM »
My dictionary gives me this definition of turd...
turd |tərd|
noun vulgar slang
a lump of excrement.
• a person regarded as obnoxious or contemptible.
ORIGIN Old English tord, of Germanic origin.

Nuff said - back to spoiling...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #742 on: November 25, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »
is Youtube elimination confirmed?

yes.
Pity.  :pity
I liked them! (Don't worry, I'm not one of their crazy fans)
I really dislike the elimination order this season! All my favorites are getting eliminated!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #743 on: November 25, 2013, 10:44:07 PM »
Anyways I rewatched clips (from my collection) of TAR 5, TAR 8, TAR 10, TAR 11, TAR 14, TAR 17, TAR 20, and TAR 23.

In terms of sound editing and Phil's spiels, I truly enjoyed the pre-TAR18 era (especially from TAR 14 to TAR 17). The music makes me excited and terrified and pumped at the same time. In today's era? I feel like I'm watching a soap opera. No more intense music? :|

Phil also used to narrate in his amazing "mysterious" voice, and in most tasks he described them which is actually good bcause we can learn a lot from that culture. His pre-TAR18 voice were so crisp and lovely that when he describes the tasks it makes it A LOT MORE INTERESTING. Now? He's annoyingly happy, which for me makes the tasks easier than expected.

For this all-star edition, I seriously do hope they return to what they have done before (especially during TAR14-17). With this cast and this boot order (yay for youtube for 3rd out hopefully lololol), having sounds and Phil's voice added makes me want to not watch it (but meh im still going to watch it for the sake of watching it :lol:)

... Or maybe I'm too old for TAR already... and that's a problem because I'm only just 20 years old. :lol3:

LOL I hard three different soundtracks from older seasons today so maybe they heard you :P

OMG, I realized it too. I was so happy when I heard those familiar tunes! Especially the Charla wheelie music! XD

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #744 on: November 25, 2013, 11:08:05 PM »
I just can't believe that Brenchel got NELed on Leg 4.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #745 on: November 25, 2013, 11:10:01 PM »
I just can't believe that Brenchel got NELed on Leg 4.

Then don't! That is totally unconfirmed.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #746 on: November 25, 2013, 11:11:45 PM »

Why you cheeky thing you  :oh

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #747 on: November 26, 2013, 09:41:39 AM »
I can understand the fact that local fans get excited everytime TAR goes to a country, but i find the Indonesia fans to be EXTREMELY annoying...you can't look out for valuable tweets about the upcoming destination of the current race without reading 1687 tweets mentioning "Amazing Race" + "Bandung" and "Indonesia".....geez, give us a break pleaseeeeeeeeee :gaah: :gaah:
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #748 on: November 26, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
I can understand the fact that local fans get excited everytime TAR goes to a country, but i find the Indonesia fans to be EXTREMELY annoying...you can't look out for valuable tweets about the upcoming destination of the current race without reading 1687 tweets mentioning "Amazing Race" + "Bandung" and "Indonesia".....geez, give us a break pleaseeeeeeeeee :gaah: :gaah:

If you can't help anything, at least just don't blame it on somebody. It was aired right here on TV, so it's normal.

Btw, I'm one of THOSE Indonesian fans of the race and I didn't make any single tweet. By reading your statement, I can say, who's extremely annoying right now?

Please at least think before you speak, thank you, move on from this.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #749 on: November 26, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
Well, you can use the "Advanced Search" and put "Bandung Indonesia" in the "None of these words" part. :P

And don't generalized for all the Indonesian fans, because not all of us are like that. Thanks! :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*