Author Topic: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 254409 times)

Offline strajkianya

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #575 on: November 21, 2013, 10:19:03 PM »
The Bhutan and stuff tweets posters seem to have 1 and 2 tweets...
May the odds be ever in Joey & Meghan's favor <3

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #576 on: November 21, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »
Cowbores are safe. I hope Floptroutters went home.   :knuckles:

Youtube for final four  :cheer:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #577 on: November 21, 2013, 10:32:45 PM »
I seriously hope Youtube will bottomgod all the way. :funny:

I just can't stand Joey and their fans :funny: and considering had Joey & Meghan gone out in either of the first two legs we would likely still one amazing team in either Mark & Mallory or Natalie & Nadiya.

WOULD YOU RATHER SEE YOUTUBE OR A THREEPEATER?

Threepeater  :funny:

-_________________________-

Sorry we're on different boat gamerfan  )-**
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #578 on: November 21, 2013, 11:00:18 PM »
I seriously hope Youtube will bottomgod all the way. :funny:

I just can't stand Joey and their fans :funny: and considering had Joey & Meghan gone out in either of the first two legs we would likely still one amazing team in either Mark & Mallory or Natalie & Nadiya.

WOULD YOU RATHER SEE YOUTUBE OR A THREEPEATER?

Threepeater  :funny:

-_________________________-

Sorry we're on different boat gamerfan  )-**

You're on a different boat, I'm on the milky way, Theo. 8)

:lol:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #579 on: November 22, 2013, 12:46:54 AM »
Wow. Wow. I'm not sure what to say. I go inactive for a few weeks and then TAR decides to go with this cast? :'(

Here's the thing. What is it that TAR sees in the Globetrotters and Jet & Cord? I see nothing of great value or entertainment, save a few lame background tunes and cheap photos for fans absolutely nobody to be entertained by.

Any true, classic TAR fan is completely justified in being horrified by this casting decision. The majority of these teams can be neatly fit into one of three (jaw-droppingly awful) categories:
  • Totally overrated. (Jet & Cord, Herb & Nate, Leo & Jamal, Joey & Meghan).
  • Totally non-memorable. (Caroline & Jennifer, John & Jessica).
  • Just plain weird (Mark & Mallory?)! :umn:

The teams I couldn't list are teams that, from what I hear at least are good representative choices for their individual seasons (I haven't ever watched TAR 19-21). However, only 3 teams fit that category, which is a vast minority compared to the behemoth of bad casting.

After that, there are the honestly good choices. These include the following: Dave & Connor, and maybe Margie & Luke. Maybe.

As soon as I saw the cast, I immediately realized that I simply won't be able to watch this upcoming season. My stomach already wretches at the thought of having to stare at Herb & Nate, Jet & Cord, Leo & Jamal, and Caroline & Jennifer YET AGAIN. Even before hearing this disturbing news, I have already been quite shaken by the many odd and frankly unnecessary changes that TAR has been making to its once-great and invigorating format.

In short, I miss my classic TAR! I want it back - really badly. It's simply not half as good as it was before TAR 15.

Therefore, I am only going to say one thing: I sincerely believe that this upcoming season will be the end for TAR.

I'm sorry to those who don't want to believe that, but without keeping a strong hold on its true, original fan base (which, I believe, includes many other folks besides me who loved the "olden days" and find these newer seasons stale by comparison) I just don't see a way that it can continue. Without sufficient enthusiasm for the show, viewership will decline and the show will be cancelled. My expectation is that this season will not have that needed enthusiasm. And to be quite honest, with the casting choices the producers have made for this season, it doesn't even come close to deserving any enthusiasm anyway.

To those who have no doubt wondered where I have been, I have fallen off the train of TAR for the time being. My love for old TAR is no longer enough to keep me engaged in the current season. It's sad to me, because I really do love TAR, but the present show is seriously failing to keep me interested. I will definitely miss it, but it is not as though I haven't already been missing it the way it once was. :'(

So anyway, I just wanted to pop in, say hi, and share some of my thoughts. You are all awesome (even the many of you I don't know well) and I will miss you. I'm just saying this because in all likelihood you will not be seeing much of me in the near future.

Farewell for now.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #580 on: November 22, 2013, 02:30:09 AM »
Hooky. :'(

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #581 on: November 22, 2013, 02:54:03 AM »
MARGIE AND LUKE >> YOUTUBE >> COWBOWS >> GLOBBIES

The only threepeater team I want to survive would be Margie & Luke. Youtube, Cowboys and Globetrotters for next boots.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #582 on: November 22, 2013, 02:57:53 AM »
In short, I miss my classic TAR! I want it back - really badly. It's simply not half as good as it was before TAR 15.
And I feel you Hooky.  Honestly, for me, TAR12 was the last truly amazing season (despite the atrocious ending lol)
Everything after TAR12 has been underwhelming to sometimes downright horrible.  That is while I have no problem popping a DVD in of the pre-TARAS seasons (even TAR7 which I never liked except for the bad elephants and impromptu facelifts) and fully enjoying them.

TAR has definitely underwhelmed a lot in the last few years and maybe this cast is truly a representative of what TAR has offered us.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #583 on: November 22, 2013, 04:45:23 AM »
I personally thought TAR 7, TAR 14, TAR 17 and TAR 21 were fun to watch... I didn't like any of the previous Allstars season and think this will be similar too. :groan: (I think my luck comes with multiple of 7 or season with a '7' digit in it..)

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #584 on: November 22, 2013, 06:50:42 AM »
Still no sightings of Joey & Meghan, hope they survived! :'(

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #585 on: November 22, 2013, 06:53:28 AM »
Joey & Meghan to get eliminated in the most humiliating way possible after eliminating half of the bearable teams on the race :yess:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #586 on: November 22, 2013, 07:00:33 AM »
Joey & Meghan to get eliminated in the most humiliating way possible after eliminating half of the bearable teams on the race :yess:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #587 on: November 22, 2013, 07:06:56 AM »
I know somebody is going to quote this post, I just know it.

FINALLY YOUTUBE AND ASSGHANIMALS NOT SPOTTED = PLEASE BE SO BEHIND AND NEVER CATCH UP :ghug: :funny:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #588 on: November 22, 2013, 07:09:31 AM »

FINALLY YOUTUBE AND ASSGHANIMALS NOT SPOTTED = PLEASE BE SO BEHIND AND NEVER CATCH UP :ghug: :funny:
I totality agree with you with the Affghanimals but not Youtube.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #589 on: November 22, 2013, 07:11:12 AM »

I quoted, lol.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #590 on: November 22, 2013, 07:11:22 AM »
More assghanimals but Youtube is equally fine.

Now.. if only Cowturds and Globbies begone soon, this season can still be saved.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #591 on: November 22, 2013, 07:24:01 AM »
Pretty surprised to see CaroJen survive. :stare
Cowboys, y u no go home yet? :gaah: Somebody please make an alliance to get rid of them. :funny:
Hope the Globetrotters don't make it to the F3.
Let's see this time how long Team Cancer will last.
I'm neutral about Youtube, because even if Joey sounds annoying, I get to watch recaps / behind the scenes. :lol: The perks of having youtubers in TAR. I enjoy watching those recaps, even KevJumba's! :)

Does anybody know how many Malaysian legs are in this season?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #592 on: November 22, 2013, 07:34:49 AM »
OMG YouTube </3

BRB, crying in the bushes.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #593 on: November 22, 2013, 07:35:55 AM »
Afghanimals sighting </////3

YouTube probably eliminated :'( :'( :'(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #594 on: November 22, 2013, 07:49:32 AM »
Tbh, I think Youtube is just a lucky team (to make it to the F5) :umn: , but I still think that CaroJen is luckier than them. I'm just wondering now how CaroJen survived. ???

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #595 on: November 22, 2013, 07:54:56 AM »
I'm just wondering now how CaroJen survived.

To be honest, they were pretty decent racers (better than bunnies) in TAR 22. As in, they were in the right alliance, they are nice people, so people tend to help them and not only that, they follow the instructions well.

The last season they really only struggled on legs with physical tasks. But on normal legs, they actually make pretty good decisions and survive well. Not a OMG STRENGTH pick for this season, but every season we need to have an underdog, like David and Mary in Allstars and I think Gary and Mallory are sort of like the underdog team chosen for TAR UB too.

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #596 on: November 22, 2013, 07:57:59 AM »
I'm just wondering now how CaroJen survived.

To be honest, they were pretty decent racers (better than bunnies) in TAR 22. As in, they were in the right alliance, they are nice people, so people tend to help them and not only that, they follow the instructions well.

The last season they really only struggled on legs with physical tasks. But on normal legs, they actually make pretty good decisions and survive well. Not a OMG STRENGTH pick for this season, but every season we need to have an underdog, like David and Mary in Allstars and I think Gary and Mallory are sort of like the underdog team chosen for TAR UB too.

I agree. Remember in Botswana, when they needed to pay speeding tickets, exchanged money etc, they still came in 3rd! Just seconds after 2nd place team! That's pretty impressive.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #597 on: November 22, 2013, 08:00:12 AM »
Tbh, I think Youtube is just a lucky team (to make it to the F5) :umn: , but I still think that CaroJen is luckier than them. I'm just wondering now how CaroJen survived. ???

i think so. the country singers saved by the hockey boys and their alliance. they targetting youtube since Vietnam leg and u-turned them twice. Maybe this time the country girls saved by the cowboys  :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #598 on: November 22, 2013, 08:02:14 AM »
If you look at their team placing in TAR 22, besides the first two legs, they actually finished in the middle pack for the remaining of the legs until they got eliminated... so, pretty mediocre but decent racers. Heck, I think they did even better than Dan and Andrew please. :funny:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #599 on: November 22, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
Okay, I'm gonna cry for YouTube's elimination until this Malaysia leg is aired. :'(

Now, since they're most likely gone, Country Singers, Margie & Luke and Brendon & Rachel for F3!