Archive > The Amazing Race 24 Spoilers

TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**

<< < (223/224) > >>

Jobby:
I gotta say that the racers are the ones who mostly contributed to the interesting episode titles. With a cast like this, where they chose uninteresting teams like John and Jessica and Dave and Connor over more viable teams... you really can't expect much. (And the more interesting teams being eliminated first, NaNa, Mallory, Youtube etc.. who are always quote worthy)

In both seasons they are on, Dave and Connor contributed to ZERO titles so far. That's how interesting they are.

Now look at Oswald and Danny, who gave a total of six on their 2 seasons, Charla and Mirna, who gave five... and even Flight Time contributed to three titles just this season alone!

I would think that the producers tried their best to pick the title most representative of the episode. But you can't deny the fact that these uninteresting teams also contributed to the lack of uninteresting episode titles too. Even "The Worst Day to Have a Bad Day" sounded inappropriate for a season first episode as compared to "Back in the Saddle", clearly meaning that it's a new race around the world?

NMC:

--- Quote from: Jobby on May 11, 2014, 11:58:30 AM ---I gotta say that the racers are the ones who mostly contributed to the interesting episode titles. With a cast like this, where they chose uninteresting teams like John and Jessica and Dave and Connor over more viable teams... you really can't expect much. (And the more interesting teams being eliminated first, NaNa, Mallory, Youtube etc.. who are always quote worthy)

In both seasons they are on, Dave and Connor contributed to ZERO titles so far. That's how interesting they are.

Now look at Oswald and Danny, who gave a total of six on their 2 seasons, Charla and Mirna, who gave five... and even Flight Time contributed to three titles just this season alone!

I would think that the producers tried their best to pick the title most representative of the episode. But you can't deny the fact that these uninteresting teams also contributed to the lack of uninteresting episode titles too. Even "The Worst Day to Have a Bad Day" sounded inappropriate for a season first episode as compared to "Back in the Saddle", clearly meaning that it's a new race around the world?

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with pretty much everything you said there, and "Back in the Saddle" is probably my favourite title quote from the entire season. Which doesn't say much...  :groan:

But, some blame has to lie with the producers.  Your point about the first episode getting the Cowboys quote over the Twinnies makes 100% sense, but I don't see a reason why they decided upon using "Welcome to the Jungle" rather then one of the quotes previously mentioned.
I know the aforementioned quotes may not represent what the entire episode is about, but if we pick out some of the best title quotes from the earlier seasons, they never really explained what the episode was about either.

E.g - "This Is More Important Than Your Pants Falling Down!" :lol:

Jobby:
I think it's just me, but I feel that a Welcome to the Jungle is a very appropriate quote for that episode lol. I would think that "Accidental Alliance" is a more cringe worthy one. But that quote best represents that episode too.. Lol

gamerfan09:
A great potential title quote for me would be Jessica/John in Leg 6.

"You're Only As Fast As Your Big Fat Elephant" :lol:

Bookworm:
This is from the CBS website:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1001687/the-amazing-race-celebrates-father-s-day/
"Dave and Connor raced twice (Seasons 20 and 24)...."

How could they mess that up?

and...
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1001648/celebrating-national-best-friend-day/53755/
"Host Phil Keoghan (left) informs teammates BJ (center) and Tyler that they are the third team to arrive at the finish line in Denver, CO, during the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 9."

THIRD? They won!

CBS has made many blunders recently....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version