Author Topic: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 253873 times)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Re: TAR 24: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #1100 on: May 09, 2014, 03:06:47 AM »
Only one challenge in Wales?  :groan: A waste of a first time visit to Wales to be honest. I really think this season has been one of the worst in recent memory, it might even go down as one of the worst in race history to be honest.
It's Clobbering Time!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #1101 on: May 09, 2014, 03:32:58 AM »
Only one challenge in Wales?  :groan: A waste of a first time visit to Wales to be honest. I really think this season has been one of the worst in recent memory, it might even go down as one of the worst in race history to be honest.

That's not necessarily true - the Detour could be in Wales too with only the Anfield ARI and the Pit Stop in England

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1102 on: May 09, 2014, 04:02:19 AM »

That's not necessarily true - the Detour could be in Wales too with only the Anfield ARI and the Pit Stop in England

True, I hope we get more than just the roadblock in Wales.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1103 on: May 09, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »
I hope we are in Wales for more than 3 minutes. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1104 on: May 09, 2014, 12:07:47 PM »
I don't get it. I don't get why teams go all the way to Seville Spain to complete in a Roadblock task that could have been done in Turkey, India, Italy, Rome... basically anywhere in the world with a barber.

And producers, PLEASE, put a U-TURN only if the Detour is the first task of the leg. You are literally killing the teams who got U-TURN and no chance to catch-up with the other teams since what's next after the U-TURN... GO TO THE PITSTOP??? How badly could teams have gotten lost with cabs and no self-driving?

Plus, with the fake horse and chariots and fake bulls this season. I'm starting to question if I'm watching The Amazing Race China this season... (where can you find all the fake goods in the world....?)

...Seville, Spain is one of the worst legs this season IMO, and that's quite sad since the race barely got better since Leg 6 in Sri Lanka 2.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1105 on: May 09, 2014, 10:34:06 PM »
The episode titles this season are just  (:;)  :groan:

Episode 1 was "Back in the Saddle" when it could have been "The Worst Day To Have a Bad Day" - Twinnies

Episode 2 was "Baby Bear's Soup" when it could have been "We Flirt With Life" - Country Singers

Episode 3 was "Welcome to the Jungle" when it could have been "I Don't Think Their Raft Will Work" / "I Lost the Raft!" / "I Don't Want To Quit, I Just Wanna Not Die" - Rachel

And you get the point.. :lol:

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1106 on: May 10, 2014, 02:11:47 AM »
So 8 countries and 3 continents. The last season to visit only 8 countries was TAR 13 but that only had 11 legs yet they managed to go 5 continents and the only other season to visit only 8 countries was TAR 2 but they also visited 5 continents and it was only the season season so I can excuse that and yet it is the third longest route in TAR history at 52,000 miles.

Even thought this season isn't over yet I can easily say the rankings of All Stars seasons would be

TAR 11 > TAR 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TAR 24
Creating Routes ~

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1107 on: May 11, 2014, 07:42:09 AM »

Episode 1 was "Back in the Saddle" when it could have been "The Worst Day To Have a Bad Day" - Twinnies

Episode 2 was "Baby Bear's Soup" when it could have been "We Flirt With Life" - Country Singers

Episode 3 was "Welcome to the Jungle" when it could have been "I Don't Think Their Raft Will Work" / "I Lost the Raft!" / "I Don't Want To Quit, I Just Wanna Not Die" - Rachel

Amazing picks for the episode titles, Race! :hoot: Although I already liked the "Welcome to the Jungle" (that, "The Gladiators are Here!", and "Bull Down" were the only ones I liked.), raft-related quotes are good too. Also, I do not understand the "Baby Bear's Soup" quote. Did they just want to Mark to have a quote?
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1108 on: May 11, 2014, 11:28:19 AM »

I get your point, and would like to see more title-worthy quotes for the rest of the season.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1109 on: May 11, 2014, 11:34:41 AM »

I get your point, and would like to see more title-worthy quotes for the rest of the season.

With only 2 Episodes left, and the quotes already revealed to be "Hei Ho Heidi Ho" and "Do You Believe In Magic" I think all hope is lost for a decent title quote this season. :(
Btw, I  :hrt: your quotes, especially "I Lost the Raft!". :lol:
Ohhhh the thought of what could've been.  :groan:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 11:40:26 AM by nmccarroll91 »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1110 on: May 11, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »
I gotta say that the racers are the ones who mostly contributed to the interesting episode titles. With a cast like this, where they chose uninteresting teams like John and Jessica and Dave and Connor over more viable teams... you really can't expect much. (And the more interesting teams being eliminated first, NaNa, Mallory, Youtube etc.. who are always quote worthy)

In both seasons they are on, Dave and Connor contributed to ZERO titles so far. That's how interesting they are.

Now look at Oswald and Danny, who gave a total of six on their 2 seasons, Charla and Mirna, who gave five... and even Flight Time contributed to three titles just this season alone!

I would think that the producers tried their best to pick the title most representative of the episode. But you can't deny the fact that these uninteresting teams also contributed to the lack of uninteresting episode titles too. Even "The Worst Day to Have a Bad Day" sounded inappropriate for a season first episode as compared to "Back in the Saddle", clearly meaning that it's a new race around the world?

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1111 on: May 11, 2014, 12:14:13 PM »
I gotta say that the racers are the ones who mostly contributed to the interesting episode titles. With a cast like this, where they chose uninteresting teams like John and Jessica and Dave and Connor over more viable teams... you really can't expect much. (And the more interesting teams being eliminated first, NaNa, Mallory, Youtube etc.. who are always quote worthy)

In both seasons they are on, Dave and Connor contributed to ZERO titles so far. That's how interesting they are.

Now look at Oswald and Danny, who gave a total of six on their 2 seasons, Charla and Mirna, who gave five... and even Flight Time contributed to three titles just this season alone!

I would think that the producers tried their best to pick the title most representative of the episode. But you can't deny the fact that these uninteresting teams also contributed to the lack of uninteresting episode titles too. Even "The Worst Day to Have a Bad Day" sounded inappropriate for a season first episode as compared to "Back in the Saddle", clearly meaning that it's a new race around the world?

I have to agree with pretty much everything you said there, and "Back in the Saddle" is probably my favourite title quote from the entire season. Which doesn't say much...  :groan:

But, some blame has to lie with the producers.  Your point about the first episode getting the Cowboys quote over the Twinnies makes 100% sense, but I don't see a reason why they decided upon using "Welcome to the Jungle" rather then one of the quotes previously mentioned.
I know the aforementioned quotes may not represent what the entire episode is about, but if we pick out some of the best title quotes from the earlier seasons, they never really explained what the episode was about either.

E.g - "This Is More Important Than Your Pants Falling Down!" :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1112 on: May 11, 2014, 11:22:14 PM »
I think it's just me, but I feel that a Welcome to the Jungle is a very appropriate quote for that episode lol. I would think that "Accidental Alliance" is a more cringe worthy one. But that quote best represents that episode too.. Lol

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1113 on: May 11, 2014, 11:57:07 PM »
A great potential title quote for me would be Jessica/John in Leg 6.

"You're Only As Fast As Your Big Fat Elephant" :lol:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1114 on: June 13, 2014, 08:13:41 PM »
This is from the CBS website:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1001687/the-amazing-race-celebrates-father-s-day/
"Dave and Connor raced twice (Seasons 20 and 24)...."

How could they mess that up?

and...
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1001648/celebrating-national-best-friend-day/53755/
"Host Phil Keoghan (left) informs teammates BJ (center) and Tyler that they are the third team to arrive at the finish line in Denver, CO, during the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 9."

THIRD? They won!

CBS has made many blunders recently....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:18:56 PM by Bookworm »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1115 on: June 15, 2014, 01:39:01 PM »
^ That just makes me go  :ascared