Author Topic: "Animal Abuse" in TAR?!  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
"Animal Abuse" in TAR?!
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:08:59 AM »
Hello guys, I just want to discuss this here because I think this thread never made before. :)

From the recent episode in Indonesia, I've read many posts/comments in TAR fanpage in Facebook about disagreement of animal abuse that showcased in some tasks. Some people dislike about the ram task and the elephant in the zoo that they think were abused. How do you all think about this? I just don't like the fact that this can make the world's opinion about us is negative in terms of use of animal in our culture.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: "Animal Abuse" in TAR?!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:14:01 AM »
The use of the elephants didn't seem like animal abuse to me.  But the use of the rams is more of a question mark for me.  It reminds me a bit of the Elizabethan sport of bear-baiting, although if the rams don't get hurt or killed in the Indonesian game, then it's not necessarily animal abuse in my eyes.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:30:03 AM »
It is not TAR. abusing about an animal, but showcasing a tradition, which is different. I am animal defender and have not thought about that. Those rams are used to doing so, amd one of the times they did it, it was in TAR. I don't know. WRP is concerned that this is allowed to be shown, but they should not step into other things such as harming, killing, etc.

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 11:34:06 AM »
I think it's quite alright. After all, there weren't injured or anything during the process.
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 11:50:02 AM »
I'm pretty sure one of the girls(Nicole I think) mentioned "the rams weren't hurt" as a confessional (: