Author Topic: Which detour will you have a problem doing?  (Read 8386 times)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Which detour will you have a problem doing?
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »
Anything involving heights, eating stuff, and crazy strength :ascared
Dealing with animals would also be tough.

I also have bad patience, so anything that requires lots of time, skill, and patience would cause me to be eliminated. :'(
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2013, 03:52:48 AM »
Now that TAR 23 Indo 1 aired, I would say the Angklung RB. I have ZERO musicality, so I would totally crash and burn like Nicole :lol:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2013, 05:16:06 AM »
Before I ever saw TAR, i thought that bungee juming, skydiving and such was for mad people with no appreciation for their own lives.

When I saw TAR i said to myself: "If i ever made it to the Race, I would have to perform such tasks to follow my dream of staying long in the Race". And assumed I would have to face that if I was ever cast for a Spanish/European/Whatever version of the Race.

When a friend of mine, 4 years ago, was given a skydiving experience I felt so jealous. I am waiting for the time when ican do some skydiving and bungee jumping and such.

PS: I do not know if I said so. I went to Berlin last summer and found the Park Inn right there, with people BASE jumping. I wanted to do it so bad, but it was expensive, and had almost no time. That was the chance of a lifetime <3

I don't think I would get stopped from doing a task if I was on the Race. Maybe alive snakes, but IDK.

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »
The Asian versions definitely have some hard detours.
If you watched the 4th season, in New Zealand you had to choose between JUMP or PLUNGE. That would be my fall-down.  :noway:

Synchronized and Alphabetized (Russia - S21) is also hard I think
Making fire from scratch is really hard if you don;t know the technique (Botswana - S22)
Remember the detour in the desert in Argentina (S16) ? That would be hard too.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 04:52:24 AM »
The Asian versions definitely have some hard detours.
If you watched the 4th season, in New Zealand you had to choose between JUMP or PLUNGE. That would be my fall-down.  :noway:

IIRC, there was a u-turn for that detour. :keeta:

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 04:40:28 AM »
It might sound stupid but I'm scared of navigating on open water! Case in point Thailand in season 19, something about the vast emptiness and monotony of the ocean gets to me, and the potential for getting hopelessly lost O.o

Also tasks involving large animals, they make me nervous. Especially elephants which teams always seem to love ><