Author Topic: The Hazard  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Hazard
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:45:57 AM »
I just wondered why the hazard disappeared. ??? Is it because it was boring or useless or unmemorable?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: The Hazard
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 04:49:18 AM »
All of the above.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 06:45:44 AM »
I actually would love to see it come back. Perhaps the last team to arrive at a TBC gets a Hazard, or being used in a way where another team can forced the other team member to complete the Roadblock as well? I know some of you don't like how a team can decide the fate of another in a race... but honestly, it's good drama and the race isn't all fair anyway.

And I'll use the Hazard on myself if my team member gets to skydive and I only get to watch... :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 01:31:59 PM »
The problem with the Hazard is that it is literally the exact same as a Speed Bump. Besides a difference in when it was applied, there was nothing to distinguish it from the existing Speed Bump.

I'd much rather see the American version adopt the Handicap.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »
The problem with the Hazard is that it is literally the exact same as a Speed Bump. Besides a difference in when it was applied, there was nothing to distinguish it from the existing Speed Bump.

I'd much rather see the American version adopt the Handicap.
i agree with the Handicap.. but I belive the Hazard is more like an extra roadblock (only 1 person did it haha)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 10:44:45 PM »
But the Handicap sounds so... lame. I mean, can we have a better name for it? :(

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:38 PM »
But the Handicap sounds so... lame. I mean, can we have a better name for it? :(

They tried. Handicap was the first name they had in mind for what ya call it Speed Bump.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 04:45:04 AM »
What if the hazard was brought back with as U-Turn/Yield type think. Example: Team A gives the hazard to Team B so Team B must to do an extra "Hazard" task