Author Topic: Penalty or No Penalty?  (Read 6656 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Penalty or No Penalty?
« on: October 25, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
I wasn't sure which topic this could have fit in, but I found this clip back to Leg 2 in Santiago. A LOT of errors that could or should have been given a penalty. Do you think Travis & Nicole and Jason & Amy should have gotten a penalty? If the Roadblock clue did state you could buy missing stuff, they would have aired it in this clip. Also, Amy dropping a clue left for missing? Unless it was shredded and all torn up like Dustin & Kandice's clues in TAR10, Leg 4, that should have been a 30-min. penalty.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8LXVdk_GMLU?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8LXVdk_GMLU?hl</a>

Your comments about this? ???
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:22:10 PM by georgiapeach »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Penalty or No Penalty?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:35:56 PM »
Last I was aware of is that you only need to retrieve all your clues, not necessarily bring all of them to the Pit Stop
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »
Last I was aware of is that you only need to retrieve all your clues, not necessarily bring all of them to the Pit Stop

If you lose your clue, it's up in the air for the kindness of other teams to share with you the entire exact details. Like what Dan said, you have to retrieve all of them and complete all the tasks, and unless you didn't, you will have to go back and get them/do them.

So... no penalty there.

TARP_Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 09:21:55 PM »
I say no penalty because a clue is just.... A clue. An envelope with instructions :)

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
Different episode, but same topic.  If a team has to retrieve all their clues, shouldn't Tim and Marie have received a penalty for not picking up the entire clue from under the rock?  Or were they ok because they did the task, they just missed the actual clue?

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »
Teams need to read or their clues to the cameras, or at least encounter it just in case it was a picture or a symbol or some sorts. After they do, It doesn't really matter if they didn't have the clue in their possession I think

I remembered in TAR 19 in Panama, when they need to find where the pit stop was, they didn't have to bring any proves or sketches that specifically described the pit-stop, as matter of fact, two teams were told by one team's cab driver where the pit-stop was.

I remembered also in TAR 21 when Ryan messed up his Roadblock clue, and he needed another team's clue to figure out how to finish the Roadblock, he didn't get penalized for not having the RB clue at the pit-stop

I think a team will be penalized if they lost their clue, and they went to retrieve another one. Was that ever happened though?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 02:04:29 PM »
I think a team will be penalized if they lost their clue, and they went to retrieve another one. Was that ever happened though?

A team will be penalized if they take more than one clue, it happened maybe once or twice in the pre All-Stars seasons

Different episode, but same topic.  If a team has to retrieve all their clues, shouldn't Tim and Marie have received a penalty for not picking up the entire clue from under the rock?  Or were they ok because they did the task, they just missed the actual clue?

In this case "clues" are defined as the ones in the yellow envelopes. The Viking Longhouse thingy was not a clue by this definition, but an item that indicated where they had to go next.

They (and others) might have gotten penalized (that would explain the mysterious three-way check-in at the beginning of the last episode), but at this point who knows
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Rachel Berry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »
Talking about penalty's,in the preview of ep. 6 it seems that Tim & Marie stole Jason & Amy's cab, could Tim & Marie receive a penalty for stealing Jason & Amy's cab?
Jason & Amy to win TAR23

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »
Hope not :lol:

Joseph & Grace got penalised...

Did anyone else?

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 09:43:58 PM »
I think it's only if they remove another teams bags from the taxi.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »
Talking about penalty's,in the preview of ep. 6 it seems that Tim & Marie stole Jason & Amy's cab, could Tim & Marie receive a penalty for stealing Jason & Amy's cab?

I can't remember who stole Brian & Ericka's cab in Prague, but they didn't get a penalty.

(Someone did steal their cab, right? I haven't seen TAR15 since it aired. :lol:)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 10:31:41 PM »

I can't remember who stole Brian & Ericka's cab in Prague, but they didn't get a penalty.

(Someone did steal their cab, right? I haven't seen TAR15 since it aired. :lol:)

IIRC, Sam & Dan after finishing the Detour.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 05:35:36 AM »
In this case "clues" are defined as the ones in the yellow envelopes. The Viking Longhouse thingy was not a clue by this definition, but an item that indicated where they had to go next.

:oh Now I get it.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
More broadly, teams cannot touch other teams' belongings. Remember Don & Mary Jean accidentally driving away with Adam & Rebecca's (or another "dating" team) vehicle which had their packs?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »
More broadly, teams cannot touch other teams' belongings. Remember Don & Mary Jean accidentally driving away with Adam & Rebecca's (or another "dating" team) vehicle which had their packs?

Yes :lol: Such a funny moment :lol: