Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 4 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 23543 times)

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
wait, this leg is either a an EL or a NEL, right? it's not KOR/TBC leg

probably the Bunnies or Timmarie arrived last and got NELed.

first of all, LOVING!!! Jamy hating on the "ass-animals". Two of my fav teams are now against the ass-animals.  :hoot:

also, I am so PISSED OFF!!!! that,Tim and Danny, helped the Ice Queens. Like what the f*ck? Leave'em alone! Let them struggle! Where's that "marriage" alliance that they're so proud of? why didn't the "ass-animals" helped them!

and I know most people are looking forward to what would Marie do with the second EP. But I bet she's just gonna give it to Travis and Nicole. Even if she didn't hand it on that moment, she would just give it to them somewhere in leg 5. She intended to give it to them anyway since Travis and Nicole messed up a 1st place in leg 1.

So Marie's kinda nice after all.  :funny:
but I am disappointed she didn't give it to Jamy or Oklahoma  :pity
Amy helped her at this leg's detour, and Danny helped her in that Roadblock in Santiago.  (:;) (:;) (:;)

Caution Double U-Turn ahead!!!
:ascared
and they're not Blind!!!  :ascared  :ascared :ascared

My first guess is that one of the female-female team or ass-animals used it to smoke out an Express Pass of a team, which is stupid, cause it's still leg 5 and it's safe to have a u-turn card in your back pocket, just in case another one pops out. An express is only valid until leg #8. Double u-turn popped out once in leg #10. Do the math!
Or, the trailing teams on the back of the pack used them on each other to avoid elimination.

Can't wait for Poland! When was the last time TAR went to Poland? or is it the 1st time?

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
This leg was a TBC leg, and Poland is long overdue since it was last visited Season 11! :)

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
This leg was a TBC leg, and Poland is long overdue since it was last visited Season 11! :)

so whoever arrived last in this leg won't receive a speed bump on the upcoming leg, right?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
and I know most people are looking forward to what would Marie do with the second EP. But I bet she's just gonna give it to Travis and Nicole. Even if she didn't hand it on that moment, she would just give it to them somewhere in leg 5. She intended to give it to them anyway since Travis and Nicole messed up a 1st place in leg 1.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Who finished last?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep

I still believe Timmarie are going to give it to a useless team.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
They will give it to Okla guys because Okla guys will help them.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!

OH MY GOD FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!  :<3 :<3 :<3

i think this is like that moment last season when John and Jessica told us they didn't necessarily want to give Dave and Connor the 2nd EP, but ended up giving it to them in the end. same thing with Tim and Marie and Travis and Nicole. but anyway, it won't hurt to dream  :)

oklahoma seems struggling in that preview, my god please let them have an Express Pass in their fanny pack  :oh

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I still believe Timmarie are going to give it to a useless team.

See?

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Absolutely loved this leg! The Detour, Roadblock, everything! :hearts:

The Detour was amazing, I like how both tasks were related to each other in the way though I kinda though the tasks were uneven seeing the difficulty Tim & Danny and Nicky & Kim experienced, but nonetheless, it was fantastic and exceeded my expectations!

The Roadblock was good as well and it was an activity I would like to try as well. :)

Last but not the least, the Ford Challenge task. I liked the way on how they incorporated the "advertisement" of the car with the actual task, and somehow it caused some placement changes within the teams.

The location of the Pit Stop was also great! :hrt:

As of now, I'm looking forward to watching the Poland leg and I hope it will reach my expectations especially since it was last visited 12 seasons ago! :o

Nicky & Kim trainwreck <333
Tim & Marie, more of Marie <33333
Jason & Amy, please win the next leg <33333333

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Finally... we can see an additional task. not just roadblock, detour, and then the pit stop. i still can't believe that it was night leg, but the sky still bright  :)  can't wait for the next leg #doubleUturn

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
1. LOVE both Detour tasks! Although I think "Hammer of the Cods" looks harder than the other one, because it has two parts of task that look tough, not like the other one that not really physical other than the transporting part.
2. Finally, a Ford-related task that doesn't show up its hi-tech feature.
3. Love the Pit-Stop location!

Anyway, I remember Phil mentioned the use of the Viking coins later on the race.. Had the teams use it? ???

PS: Zachary, you remind me to BuuYaa. :P
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Love the ending song <333  :funny:

I loved it too! I was saying to myself during the fish head task that I would have been singing the Fish Heads song while I worked, so it was nice to see it at the end. Surprising, since it's a rather obscure song.

Great episode. Interesting tasks and an interesting location. A fair amount of drama, but it was drama is a good way - an annoying team messing up and getting panicky beyond what the situation calls for. I can't imagine Tim and Marie hanging on to their express pass for more than the next couple of episodes. Any time a task stumps them for 5 minutes, they are ready to pull out the express pass.

My one quibble is that the fish heads vs. the Hammer of the Cods (cute name) tasks were really imbalanced (or appeared to be). The fish heads looked much faster and I'm surprised they didn't all do that one. However, the editing may have made the other task look longer than it really was. Or it may have been the two weaker teams attempting it.

One other thing I observed: the midnight sun made it almost impossible to tell how far ahead the first teams were from the later teams based on the quality of the daylight. That might have been the most interesting thing about the leg. I'm sure that holding the leg in the middle of the night cut down on observations from the local people. I do recall we had a few sightings though. I'll bet TPTB were happy when the ferry arrival time set that up.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I LOVED THIS LEG SO MUCH!
1. BRANDON AND ADAM GET MORE AIR-TIME AND DOMINATE
2. ALLY AND ASHLEY GET MORE AIRTIME
3. ALLY AND ASHLEY DIDN'T GET HELP FROM AFGHANIMALS
4. NO MENTIONS OF "RACE WIVES/HUSBANDS"
5. TIM AND MARIE: I  ACTUALLY LIKE THEM  :crazy:
6. THE TASKS!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
7. MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, IN THE DAY!
8. AFGHANIMALS NOT GETTING MUCH AIRTIME (not that I hate them, but we needed a break from them)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I loved the Detour name:     The Hammer of the Cods    :funny:

Nordic significance:  Led Zeppelin-- The Immigrant Song

Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.
The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore,
Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords.

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIHyZjnpdPc?amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JIHyZjnpdPc?amp;hl</a>

Or the more recent version from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo:

Karen O

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xQtXsp4tIbw?amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xQtXsp4tIbw?amp;hl</a>

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:12:57 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
When the teams found the coins in the last RI, it was commented that they would need it later in the racer. We didn't see them in the pitstop, so maybe this would indicate a future task related to them? Either in the start of Leg 5, while still in Norway or even later on.
Otherwise that could mean an unaired task.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
When the teams found the coins in the last RI, it was commented that they would need it later in the racer. We didn't see them in the pitstop, so maybe this would indicate a future task related to them? Either in the start of Leg 5, while still in Norway or even later on.
My bet is that they are meant to be used on a future leg, otherwise they would have edited out the explanation.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My bet is that they are meant to be used on a future leg, otherwise they would have edited out the explanation.

I also think it would be significant (coughpenaltycough) because without it the explanation would be useless.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Probably used for Leg 5. :) :umn:

Like how last season, teams were blessed by a priest in Leg 2 and later on need to find a surfboard with him on it on Leg 4.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Best episode of TAR23 so far!!! :)
-It was midnight and it wasn't even dark.
-Brandon & Adam mocking Marie. :funny:
-A team made two mistakes that made them drop from first to last.
-A Route Info task, rather than the usual detour-roadblock leg.
-A "not-so-strong" team dominating the leg.
-The local time was shown after every commercial. :) It was great because we can see how long the teams were completing their tasks and how long the leg was, aside from showing us that it wasn't dark in the middle of the night. :)
-And most of all, the EP drama!!! :funny: It was so epic that I wish I have a short clip of that scene. :lol: At first I even thought that the 2nd express pass twist was lame, but after this episode, I wish the winner of the EP is a selfish team. :funny: The way Nicole explained it at the post-leg interview was amazingly perfect! :lol:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:52:36 PM by Platinum »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

Which team do you mean?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Which team do you mean?

Tim & Marie. To me, it doesn't matter if it were another team, imo, it's sometimes fun seeing some teams fall from first to last in terms of careless mistakes. Also, it's not yet official that they're last, but assuming they need to go back and get the clue, they will fall behind (also assuming that the bunnies catch up). ;)

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A couple of observations:

The NFL players probably landed in Lisbon at 23:15 which is after the first two teams started leg #4.

And since Phil did meet them at the airport it probably means that Phil had to be on the same flight as the teams to Oslo and Bodø. But then he probably cheated and flew into Solvaer on WF814 so he should have arrived at 18:01 which gives him about  5 hours lead on the teams to do his standups.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
I just caught up, and what a top notch episode that was!

I could play Nicole's confrontation over and over and over <3

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Just barely watched too after some hectic assignments..  :gaah:

Anyway,...

THIS WAS THE EPISODE THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR..FOR SOO FREAKIN LOONGG...

I LOVE HOW THE LEG RUN

HOW THEY EDIT IT

AND THE TENSIONS BETWEEN ALL TEAMS...

I'm soo speechless... heart-beating anxiously.. gosh dang it..!!  :tantrum

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2