Archive > The Amazing Race 24 Spoilers

TAR 24 Contestant Spoilers "Returning Racers"

<< < (25/25)

Platrium:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on January 07, 2014, 05:50:47 PM ---The only word that comes to mind for the '10 "all-stars" is 'fan base'. What is Caroline & Jennifer best known for during TAR22? Being unmemorable country band singers who have a FAN BASE.......... What is Brenchel best known for during TAR20? The arguing and whining, and their Big Brother FAN BASE........... What is Joey & Meghan best known for during TAR22? Their YouTube and sometimes ignorant FAN BASE.......... Now what is Jessica & John best known for during TAR22? Making a fool out of themselves by not using the Express Pass and teaming up with the YouTubers that triggered their FAN BASE because of Joey & Meghan. :groan:

--- End quote ---
This. And that's why we have such a cast... :groan:

gamerfan09:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on January 07, 2014, 05:50:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: gamerfan09 on January 07, 2014, 04:09:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on January 06, 2014, 09:09:14 AM ---What confuses me more is why Jessica & John are in this season. The only thing they are known for is making a fool out of themselves with the Express Pass. Even Chuck & Wynona could replace these two.

--- End quote ---

With all the threepeaters (except Mallory <3), I'm actually rooting for Jessica and John.

I rewatched TAR 22 recently and they weren't rly that bad tbh

--- End quote ---
But you do have to remember this is a so-called ALL-STARS season which means bringing back monumental competitors, not just likable teams. Likability of teams seems to be the ONLY thing most viewers care about of TAR these days which saddens me.

The '00 All-Stars featured a cast who did anything to get ahead (Uchenna begging to pay the taxi fare in Ft. Lauderdale, Mirna's airport antics, Rob & Amber's notoriousness throughout TAR7), mixed with competitive drives (BQ's beating the FF Intersection, David & Mary being the only team to nullify the last place 30-min penalty, JVJ's bionic sprinting throughout their time), and memorable surprises from some teams (Joe & Bill surviving a day behind until Alaska, Oswald & Danny going shopping :funny:, Teri & Ian coming in weak, but a fire under their bellies).

The only word that comes to mind for the '10 "all-stars" is 'fan base'. What is Caroline & Jennifer best known for during TAR22? Being unmemorable country band singers who have a FAN BASE.......... What is Brenchel best known for during TAR20? The arguing and whining, and their Big Brother FAN BASE........... What is Joey & Meghan best known for during TAR22? Their YouTube and sometimes ignorant FAN BASE.......... Now what is Jessica & John best known for during TAR22? Making a fool out of themselves by not using the Express Pass and teaming up with the YouTubers that triggered their FAN BASE because of Joey & Meghan. :groan:

To me, this "all-stars" is basically a popularity contest, not a competitive contest.

--- End quote ---

To prove my point I will post in bold.

In my opinion, TAR would be nothing without fan bases. If we didn't have a fan base in the first place, why would we have twenty three seasons in the first place? And say all you want after Brendon and Rachel, you do not just make the final three. I remember Rachel Reilly (goddess) as being very very competitive in Big Brother, she does not just have that Big Brother record for nothing. They are totally competitive and by saying that they are only known for their fanbase, you are basically being ignorant about their competitiveness in TAR 20. And without Rachel drama, imagine how boring TAR 20 might have been? We would have gotten another "peaceful" season like TAR 19, and even though i liked that season, i know a lot of people here didn't. Now... For Joey & Meghan, i will say, i am a fan of them. I know a lot of people here do not like them. I perfectly understand why. But even though their fan base can be really irritating, they were a team that, like it or not, brought some more viewers to TAR. I remember some of their fans (not the ignorant annoying ones) tweeting about how excited they were for TAR 23 and they became indirectly new TAR fans, which TAR definitely needs to continue living a long and productive TV life. So like it or not, we needed them for this "all stars" anyway. And finally, Caroline & Jennifer... I dont really remember them having this so called "fan base" you are talking about, (in fact i never heard of Stealing Angels but oh well,)  i will say though that i felt that Caroline and Jennifer were pretty memorable on tar 22. They had some good competitive moments. Say that they just rode on Bates & Anthony's coattails the whole way, but there were so much legs where they were forced to work alone, and they actually did pretty damn well in those legs. (Germany, Vietnam, Bali (they survived a horrible Roadblock and got 4th). So i dont really see how they werent memorable and/or not competitive at all. And i do not really understand what you mean by bringing back "competitive teams". Airlines is right, with that logic we would get Brandam :res: and many more boring competitors like Tim & Danny (whom i didnt rly like until they uturned the assghanimals which was before their boot ep but oh well). And TAR has always been about competition. You want the tough competition in TAR 24? Na/Na were pretty damn competitive (but sadly robbed here), Brenchel, as i have said in my point above, are competitive too. Even though i rly dont like them, the Assghanimals and Cancer were pretty competitive teams too! So basically you proved yourself wrong. We have tough competitors, and we have some likable teams. We may not like all of them, (remembers Tar11, cries at no Bama and Linda/Karen and Joe/Bill being in), but we might just see something. TAR 24, even though I do not like the boot order, and threepeaters (except Mallory Ervin <3 but ew at all other threepeaters making it rly far), and the route (double legs everywhere ew), it may not be even THAT bad as we think. I remember absolutely loathing Survivor 27 (Blood Vs. Water) ever since the horrible Caramoan finale and it's reveal, but the result was one of the best seasons of Survivor we have had in YEARS. Who knows, maybe we might get another Returning Racer season and it ends up being the cast we always wanted. For now, we should be basically happy that we get another season of the Race, and even though we may not always agree on the teams we like, we all know that when Phil shouts his trademark "Go!", we will be in for another exciting adventure.

stekay:
^Fierce

Puppet:
Sorry for the late comment, butI just read this and I am totally agreeing with every thing gamer said. To me, I just like the competition TAR brings. I am alright (sad for awhile) when teams I like being eliminated because I know that there will be that unexpected element in the race which draws me back after 20-odd seasons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version