Author Topic: TAR 24 Contestant Spoilers "Returning Racers"  (Read 79990 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 24 Contestant Spoilers "Returning Racers"
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »
To haters who are going to say she's got a 6 figure salary and don't need to be on the race... don't even start. Thanks. :funny:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2013, 10:27:37 AM »
:lol3: Jobby!  your post  pretty much cans any reason of having a "spoiler" function button :lolmao:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:35:20 AM by ugot2bekidinmeny »
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2013, 10:37:19 AM »
Preview

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-2lPyi5xOM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_-2lPyi5xOM</a>

http://youtube/v/_-2lPyi5xOM
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:42:49 AM by ugot2bekidinmeny »
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
Revising the List below to include the new combo team of Mark and Mallory. Otherwise the cast list remains correct as originally posted.

======================================================================
RFF is proud to share our TAR 24 Cast!!

Margie and Luke   (Mother and Son):
Season 14 (3rd) and 18 (8th)

Herb and Nate (Globetrotters):
Season 15 (4th) and 18 (2nd)

Jet and Cord (Cowboy Brothers):
Season 16 (2nd) and 18 (6th)

Brendon and Rachel  (Married BB couple):
Season 20 (3rd)

Mark and Mallory (M&M):

Natalie and Nadiya (Twins):
Season 21 (4th)

Caroline and Jennifer (Band mates/Friends):
Season 22 (4th)

Joey and Meghan (YouTube Friends):
Season 22 (5th)

Dave And Connor (Father-Son)
Season 22 8th

John and Jessica (Engaged):
Season 22 (9th)

Leo and Jamal (Afghanimals):
Season 23 (TBD)

M/M Teams:
Herb/Nate
Jet/Cord
Dave/Connor
Mark/Bopper
Leo/Jamal
F/F Teams:
Caroline/Jennifer
Natalie/Nadiya
M/F Teams:
Margie/Luke
Brendon/Rachel
Joey/Meghan
John/Jessica
Mallory/Mark

I'm commenting on the teams now that Season 23 is over:

First the Male-Male teams.  If Leo & Jamal overcome their tendency to annoy other racers by telling unnecessary lies, I might like them.  I liked Jet & Cord more in Season 16 than on Season 18.  Hope they're more like Season 16 racers than Season 18 ones.  I'm thrilled Dave & Connor got a second chance!  Dave was so unlucky in his season!  And finally Flight Time & Big Easy -- I watched several New Scooby-Doo Movies episodes with the Globetrotters (the team with Meadowlark & Curly, of course), so I never minded seeing two Globetrotters on the Race.  Hope they do well this season.

Now the F/F teams:  I liked Caroline & Jennifer but had very mixed emotions on the twins.  I wanted to root for them because of their ethnicity and their being a F/F team but they often annoyed me.  I hope they're nicer this time around.

And now the M/F teams:  I felt sorry for Margie & Luke in Season 18 and I hope they have no bad luck.  On the other hand -- Radon?!  GAH!  It's more Rachel than Brendon, however -- I have too many bad memories of Rachel from Big Brother and that was the main reason I didn't watch the season they were on!  Joey & Meghan sometimes annoyed me but I don't really hate them.  John & Jessica should learn from experience this time!  As for Mark & Mallory -- I'm surprised it wasn't Gary & Mallory or Mark & Bopper but Gary might be too old to compete and if Bopper's daughter was too sick for him to come on, maybe it was best for Mark & Mallory to pair up.

Offline stillTIGGY

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2014, 09:50:03 AM »
DREAM TEAM

Bill and Cathi (Grandparents, S19)
KEVJUMBA (Youtube Father and Son, S16)
Brooke and Claire (Team Watermelon/TV Hosts, S17)
Margie and Luke (Deaf Son and Mother, S14, S18)
Jet and Cord (Cowboys, S16, S18)
Gary and Mallory (Father and Son, S16, S18)
Chippendales (James and Jaymes, S21)
Brenchel (S20)
Natalie and Nadiya (Tweenies, S21)
Dave and Connor (Team Cancer, S22)
Caroline and Jennifer (Country Singers, S22)
Leo and Jamal (Afghanimals, S23)

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2014, 10:22:47 AM »
 :hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, stillTIGGY! :)
For wishlists, you might want to post them here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.0.html

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »
This season's cast isn't neccessarily awful, but it isn't good either. It feels more like another second and third chances season than an all-stars. One thing we have missing in the recent HD seasons that the '00 all-stars had are fully-developed characters. That is what made the first all-stars a memorable hit. I don't feel the same way with the '10 all-stars. Some of them have reached the final 4 and I still don't understand their team dynamic. The editors didn't let us get more in-depth with them. Yet, some of those teams don't even deserve a spot in all-stars... *cough*JessicaJohn*cough*
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2014, 10:27:29 PM »
This season's cast isn't neccessarily awful, but it isn't good either. It feels more like another second and third chances season than an all-stars. One thing we have missing in the recent HD seasons that the '00 all-stars had are fully-developed characters. That is what made the first all-stars a memorable hit. I don't feel the same way with the '10 all-stars. Some of them have reached the final 4 and I still don't understand their team dynamic. The editors didn't let us get more in-depth with them. Yet, some of those teams don't even deserve a spot in all-stars... *cough*JessicaJohn*cough*

Because they are threatening to sue CBS, they confuse Express Pass with Magic charms.  :funny:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2014, 10:55:02 PM »

Because they are threatening to sue CBS, they confuse Express Pass with Magic charms.  :funny:

Sarcasm on the first part or no?  :(
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2014, 04:37:44 AM »

The comment is sarcasm. To be honest, I don't really know why. If they wanted a controversial team, they could have their picks from last season's final four.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2014, 09:09:14 AM »

The comment is sarcasm. To be honest, I don't really know why. If they wanted a controversial team, they could have their picks from last season's final four.
That's why we have The A$$animals in this season. :lol:

What confuses me more is why Jessica & John are in this season. The only thing they are known for is making a fool out of themselves with the Express Pass. Even Chuck & Wynona could replace these two.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »
What confuses me more is why Jessica & John are in this season. The only thing they are known for is making a fool out of themselves with the Express Pass. Even Chuck & Wynona could replace these two.

This confuses me too. Maybe CBS didn't tell us the whole title in the preview.
It should be "The Amazing Race All Stars vs All Star Idiots".

They wanted to use "The Amazing Race - Idiots Abroad" - but it was taken.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2014, 04:09:54 AM »

With all the threepeaters (except Mallory <3), I'm actually rooting for Jessica and John.

I rewatched TAR 22 recently and they weren't rly that bad tbh

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2014, 09:00:43 AM »
For me it's not how were dumb and didn't use their Express Pass, it's how John was so arrogant that I really didn't like and it was shown through the Express Pass.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2014, 05:50:47 PM »

With all the threepeaters (except Mallory <3), I'm actually rooting for Jessica and John.

But you do have to remember this is a so-called ALL-STARS season which means bringing back monumental competitors, not just likable teams. Likability of teams seems to be the ONLY thing most viewers care about of TAR these days which saddens me.

The '00 All-Stars featured a cast who did anything to get ahead (Uchenna begging to pay the taxi fare in Ft. Lauderdale, Mirna's airport antics, Rob & Amber's notoriousness throughout TAR7), mixed with competitive drives (BQ's beating the FF Intersection, David & Mary being the only team to nullify the last place 30-min penalty, JVJ's bionic sprinting throughout their time), and memorable surprises from some teams (Joe & Bill surviving a day behind until Alaska, Oswald & Danny going shopping :funny:, Teri & Ian coming in weak, but a fire under their bellies).

The only word that comes to mind for the '10 "all-stars" is 'fan base'. What is Caroline & Jennifer best known for during TAR22? Being unmemorable country band singers who have a FAN BASE.......... What is Brenchel best known for during TAR20? The arguing and whining, and their Big Brother FAN BASE........... What is Joey & Meghan best known for during TAR22? Their YouTube and sometimes ignorant FAN BASE.......... Now what is Jessica & John best known for during TAR22? Making a fool out of themselves by not using the Express Pass and teaming up with the YouTubers that triggered their FAN BASE because of Joey & Meghan. :groan:

To me, this "all-stars" is basically a popularity contest, not a competitive contest.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2014, 05:59:32 PM »
Then by logic we would have gotten people like Brandam or Tim & Danny (despite the fact I have no idea what people see in them) because everyone melted down and was like *CRIES* BRANDAM ARE ELIMINATED *CRIES* BRANDAM FOR ALLSTARS!!!11!!!!1! all over the FB page and ditto with Tim & Danny.

(CaroJen having a fanbase is pretty shocking, not because they're bad but because they're MOR and NaNa having a fanbase is shocking because I didn't realise that many people off the forums liked them)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2014, 06:19:25 PM »
Well to be invited to All Stars they need to have SOME fan base or else ratings would be crap, but also the teams you talked about having a fan base also placed 3rd, 4th, and 5th in their original season which all but CaroJen, I think all of the teams you listed were competitive. (Even though tbh, there were more competitive teams like Tim & Marie and Maxie, Abbie & Ryan, Andy & Tommy etc.) Nevertheless, they are still competitive, especially Brenchel with their Art & JJ and Vanessa hate.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »
Well to be invited to All Stars they need to have SOME fan base or else ratings would be crap, but also the teams you talked about having a fan base also placed 3rd, 4th, and 5th in their original season which all but CaroJen, I think all of the teams you listed were competitive. (Even though tbh, there were more competitive teams like Tim & Marie and Maxie, Abbie & Ryan, Andy & Tommy etc.) Nevertheless, they are still competitive, especially Brenchel with their Art & JJ and Vanessa hate.
Competitive, certainly. It's TAR. :lol: However, uniquely memorable if it was only about their racing tactics, eehhh... if it wasn't for previous show or musical fan base, they would be utter goners.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
Brenchel would have been memorable because of Brenchel vs. Ranessa and Brenchel vs. Art & JJ, those were great rivalries! <3

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2014, 08:24:54 PM »
But you do have to remember this is a so-called ALL-STARS season which means bringing back monumental competitors, not just likable teams. Likability of teams seems to be the ONLY thing most viewers care about of TAR these days which saddens me.

It might help if you reread what Phil said about the first All Stars...

He also added that the production team's goal for the race "wasn't to pick the best racers", but "to pick the teams that have earned the most attention over the last 10 seasons"

If they wanted competitive racers, they would have brought back some previous winners who won 7 or 8 legs. I don't think the All Stars label is that far off this season, the cast DOES have a bunch of the most memorable teams over the previous 10 seasons. Maybe not the 11 most memorable teams, but almost all of the teams selected for All Stars are polarising enough to have sparked major discussion from viewers.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2014, 04:47:52 AM »
The only word that comes to mind for the '10 "all-stars" is 'fan base'. What is Caroline & Jennifer best known for during TAR22? Being unmemorable country band singers who have a FAN BASE.......... What is Brenchel best known for during TAR20? The arguing and whining, and their Big Brother FAN BASE........... What is Joey & Meghan best known for during TAR22? Their YouTube and sometimes ignorant FAN BASE.......... Now what is Jessica & John best known for during TAR22? Making a fool out of themselves by not using the Express Pass and teaming up with the YouTubers that triggered their FAN BASE because of Joey & Meghan. :groan:
This. And that's why we have such a cast... :groan:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2014, 05:46:37 AM »

The '00 All-Stars featured a cast who did anything to get ahead (Uchenna begging to pay the taxi fare in Ft. Lauderdale, Mirna's airport antics, Rob & Amber's notoriousness throughout TAR7), mixed with competitive drives (BQ's beating the FF Intersection, David & Mary being the only team to nullify the last place 30-min penalty, JVJ's bionic sprinting throughout their time), and memorable surprises from some teams (Joe & Bill surviving a day behind until Alaska, Oswald & Danny going shopping :funny:, Teri & Ian coming in weak, but a fire under their bellies).

To me, this "all-stars" is basically a popularity contest, not a competitive contest.

To prove my point I will post in bold.

In my opinion, TAR would be nothing without fan bases. If we didn't have a fan base in the first place, why would we have twenty three seasons in the first place? And say all you want after Brendon and Rachel, you do not just make the final three. I remember Rachel Reilly (goddess) as being very very competitive in Big Brother, she does not just have that Big Brother record for nothing. They are totally competitive and by saying that they are only known for their fanbase, you are basically being ignorant about their competitiveness in TAR 20. And without Rachel drama, imagine how boring TAR 20 might have been? We would have gotten another "peaceful" season like TAR 19, and even though i liked that season, i know a lot of people here didn't. Now... For Joey & Meghan, i will say, i am a fan of them. I know a lot of people here do not like them. I perfectly understand why. But even though their fan base can be really irritating, they were a team that, like it or not, brought some more viewers to TAR. I remember some of their fans (not the ignorant annoying ones) tweeting about how excited they were for TAR 23 and they became indirectly new TAR fans, which TAR definitely needs to continue living a long and productive TV life. So like it or not, we needed them for this "all stars" anyway. And finally, Caroline & Jennifer... I dont really remember them having this so called "fan base" you are talking about, (in fact i never heard of Stealing Angels but oh well,)  i will say though that i felt that Caroline and Jennifer were pretty memorable on tar 22. They had some good competitive moments. Say that they just rode on Bates & Anthony's coattails the whole way, but there were so much legs where they were forced to work alone, and they actually did pretty damn well in those legs. (Germany, Vietnam, Bali (they survived a horrible Roadblock and got 4th). So i dont really see how they werent memorable and/or not competitive at all. And i do not really understand what you mean by bringing back "competitive teams". Airlines is right, with that logic we would get Brandam :res: and many more boring competitors like Tim & Danny (whom i didnt rly like until they uturned the assghanimals which was before their boot ep but oh well). And TAR has always been about competition. You want the tough competition in TAR 24? Na/Na were pretty damn competitive (but sadly robbed here), Brenchel, as i have said in my point above, are competitive too. Even though i rly dont like them, the Assghanimals and Cancer were pretty competitive teams too! So basically you proved yourself wrong. We have tough competitors, and we have some likable teams. We may not like all of them, (remembers Tar11, cries at no Bama and Linda/Karen and Joe/Bill being in), but we might just see something. TAR 24, even though I do not like the boot order, and threepeaters (except Mallory Ervin <3 but ew at all other threepeaters making it rly far), and the route (double legs everywhere ew), it may not be even THAT bad as we think. I remember absolutely loathing Survivor 27 (Blood Vs. Water) ever since the horrible Caramoan finale and it's reveal, but the result was one of the best seasons of Survivor we have had in YEARS. Who knows, maybe we might get another Returning Racer season and it ends up being the cast we always wanted. For now, we should be basically happy that we get another season of the Race, and even though we may not always agree on the teams we like, we all know that when Phil shouts his trademark "Go!", we will be in for another exciting adventure.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2014, 06:50:34 AM »
^Fierce

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2014, 12:03:26 AM »
Sorry for the late comment, butI just read this and I am totally agreeing with every thing gamer said. To me, I just like the competition TAR brings. I am alright (sad for awhile) when teams I like being eliminated because I know that there will be that unexpected element in the race which draws me back after 20-odd seasons.
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight