Author Topic: pre-TAR 24 speculation  (Read 124213 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: pre-TAR 24 speculation
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2013, 12:15:04 PM »
There is little to no chance that TAR will be visiting the Philippines this season. :(

Latest news shows that typhoon Haiyan was pretty bad - but the Phillippines are recovering quickly. So depending on where they might be going it could still be used.
I'm worried about Vietnam though - its the next country to be hit.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline caboodle

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »
Imagine if the producers decided to split the teams in half depending on the order in which they check into the ticket counter at the airport and send them to different countries. The tasks would have to be much harder and within both groups one team would get eliminated (making it a double elimination leg). The teams would then rejoin each other on the next leg or two. This would probably never happen but  it would be fun to watch!

:like:
It will never happen, and if there would be something like this, Phil needs a co-host ;) , but still, it will never happen.
That would be so cool but sadly, yeah it wouldn't happen  :(

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
There is little to no chance that TAR will be visiting the Philippines this season. :(

Latest news shows that typhoon Haiyan was pretty bad - but the Phillippines are recovering quickly. So depending on where they might be going it could still be used.
Maybe in a season or 2 where one of the challenges could help the recovery effort.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:07:13 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline clucars

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2013, 04:05:30 PM »
Imagine if the producers decided to split the teams in half depending on the order in which they check into the ticket counter at the airport and send them to different countries. The tasks would have to be much harder and within both groups one team would get eliminated (making it a double elimination leg). The teams would then rejoin each other on the next leg or two. This would probably never happen but  it would be fun to watch!

It will never happen, and if there would be something like this, Phil needs a co-host ;) , but still, it will never happen.
Maybe in a season or 2 where one of the challenges could help the recovery effort.

yeah true, was also thinking that they could eliminate the teams season 10 episode 1 style rather than having a co-host

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »

They could still head up north. And maybe in Manila, they do a task helping out with relief efforts like packing supplies and stuff for both the earthquake and the typhoon.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2013, 07:33:41 PM »

:hello2: , and :bigwelcome to RFF, caboodle!

Offline clucars

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #256 on: November 09, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »
Joey's latest vlog indirectly mentions that filming is starting next week!

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #257 on: November 09, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »
Phil is in Philadelphia :D

http://instagram.com/p/ggn_bwR1_O/#

Starting line maybe???

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2013, 07:04:56 PM »

Starting line maybe???

Phil's Twitter account:

Phil Keoghan ‏@PhilKeoghan 3h

Hello #philly Red sky at night Shepard's delight! Ready for @USARugby vs #MaoriABs @AllBlacks http://instagram.com/p/ggm3s2x18m/
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #259 on: November 09, 2013, 07:07:23 PM »
And this one from yesterday:

Phil Keoghan ‏@PhilKeoghan 8 nov

Excited to see the #MaoriABs play #USA in #Philly tomorrow I hope to see you at the game! @AllBlacks @USARugby @NoOppWasted #LifeList
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #260 on: November 09, 2013, 08:23:10 PM »
Ugh, so they're really on?  :dick  :groan:

:)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #261 on: November 09, 2013, 10:13:15 PM »
Ugh, so they're really on?  :dick  :groan:

:)

That is NOT what I heard him say, I believe he was referring to something else.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »

Starting line maybe???

Too soon. :) And Phil would never advertise that anyway...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2013, 12:33:27 AM »
If the starting line is in Philadelphia as speculated, this are the possible international flights.

Amsterdam, Aruba, Barcelona, Bermuda, Brussels, Cancún, London-Heathrow,  Montego Bay, Munich, Nassau, Punta Cana, Rome–Fiumicino, San Juan, Santo Domingo–Las Américas, St. Maarten, Tel Aviv–Ben Gurion, Toronto–Pearson and Zürich
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:21:59 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2013, 01:42:42 AM »
If the starting line is in Philadelphia as speculated, this are the possible international flights.

Amsterdam, Aruba, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Barcelona, Bermuda, Brussels, Cancún, London-Heathrow,  Montego Bay, Munich, Nassau, Punta Cana, Rome–Fiumicino, San Juan, Santo Domingo–Las Américas, St. Maarten, Tel Aviv–Ben Gurion, Toronto–Pearson and Zürich
So were looking at most likely looking at a Europe or Caribbean first leg (unless connections are involved, in which case Sth. America is a possibility.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2013, 01:49:17 AM »
Peach has already confirmed that it isn't Philadelphia.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2013, 01:49:39 AM »
No, what peach has said is that there is ZERO evidence to expect Philadelphia as a start line, if what you are using is Phil's location. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2013, 02:23:36 AM »
Something is telling me to expect either New Orleans, Houston or Boston finish line
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2013, 02:48:29 AM »
Agreed to spec Joey & Meghan as returning because Joey said that he will be pre-filming LOADS of collabs. He of course didn't say any reason for it.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2013, 05:26:36 AM »
That is NOT what I heard him say, I believe he was referring to something else.
Nooo! Don't give me hope that there's a chance they won't be part of the cast! lolol  :)

Hehe, anyway...
I do hope they fly out of somewhere other than LAX.  Expecting a westbound route, how about starting in Hawaii? (If not SF of course.)  A starting line at the beach maybe with the starting line task involving digging in the sand.  Or maybe have teams swimming out to clueboxes in the water to grab clues/tags that will decide which flight they get on.  It would be craziness from the start and it should be craziness for an All-Stars-type season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2013, 06:37:56 AM »
There's possibly zero to no chance of Philippines, they just had an earthquake two weeks ago and now the typhoon is really bad.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2013, 06:46:48 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/philippine-typhoon-leaves-up-to-10-000-dead-in-tacloban-city-1.2421580

It's almost over now.. moving onwards to Vietnam.. although I really want them to visit and pay tribute to all the lives lost in this typhoon in Philippines. :(

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »
There's possibly zero to no chance of Philippines, they just had an earthquake two weeks ago and now the typhoon is really bad.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/philippine-typhoon-leaves-up-to-10-000-dead-in-tacloban-city-1.2421580

It's almost over now.. moving onwards to Vietnam.. although I really want them to visit and pay tribute to all the lives lost in this typhoon in Philippines. :(

Manila wasn't affected by the recent Typhoon, only the city of Tacloban (in the island of Leyte) in the Central part of the Country was hit by a powerful typhoon and the island of Bohol was affected by last month's earthquake. I guess Manila is a safe place to visit teams for TAR24 after numerous visits in Indonesia in the last three seasons (with the upcoming Indonesian leg coming up on the current season of TAR).

Tacloban and Bohol (both in Visayan archipelago) are now dangerous and zero tolerance to visit there. Manila is likely and the weather during the months of November and December are much warmer with mild temperatures by night.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:13:45 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39:59 AM »

I think that's even more reason they'd go to the Philippines now if it was already on the itinerary. 

If the Philippines was already on the route, I don't see them changing it since I doubt they would've gone to the Visayas region anyway (they had gone to Puerto Princesa for TAR5).
If it wasn't on the list already, then I don't think they'd change the route just to make a stop in the Philippines, but definitely for TAR25.

Phil has always retweeted/replied to fans who mention the Philippines to them, plus I'm sure Survivor's good 2-year experience in the Philippines will have encouraged CBS to support a Leg or two.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »
I know Manila is generally safe.. but I'm not pinning my hopes high. :(