Author Topic: pre-TAR 24 speculation  (Read 123884 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: pre-TAR 24 speculation
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2013, 09:19:56 AM »
I wonder if there might be a chance this would be a Switchback-type of season. Like having the course be made up of the most infamous legs in TAR history (but with a much harder difficulty)

:hearts:
I would love this!

I think it's not bad having this type of season, but tbh, we wouldn't see any new countries if it were this type of season. :(

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »
I'm fine with no new countries but the switchback idea would bring back some extremely memorable TAR tasks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2013, 08:57:40 PM »
Art of listening: Jaguars' Marcus Pollard knows his role as head of player development

The most exciting part for Pollard’s post-football career was participating in
“The Amazing Race” television show with his wife. They finished third out of 11
teams and traveled the world. The show’s producers called him three
weeks after he was hired by the Jaguars, asking him and Amani to compete in
another season.
But Pollard was already busy in Jacksonville.

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-08-03/story/art-listening-jaguars-marcus-pollard-knows-his-role-head
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2013, 09:48:37 PM »
So they turned it down? Or is that for us to decide :lol:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2013, 05:35:50 AM »

If one were paying attention to the NFL season, as obvious as the answer is, it could really go one of two ways. :lol:  That's just my opinion; I'm just glad they were asked.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2013, 08:08:53 AM »

If one were paying attention to the NFL season, as obvious as the answer is, it could really go one of two ways. :lol:  That's just my opinion; I'm just glad they were asked.

I'm Irish and NFL is known as Eggball here so unfortunately not :lol:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2013, 02:27:50 PM »
Looks like Amani & Marcus were invited back, but had to decline since Marcus had just been hired by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
They got the invite 3 weeks after he started at the Jags, which was in March.
http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-08-03/story/art-listening-jaguars-marcus-pollard-knows-his-role-head

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2013, 02:40:03 PM »
Looks like Amani & Marcus were invited back, but had to decline since Marcus had just been hired by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
They got the invite 3 weeks after he started at the Jags, which was in March.

4 posts up.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2013, 03:49:30 PM »
Oops! Sorry.

Offline clucars

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »
what date does the filming start?

Offline Rachel Berry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2013, 07:58:40 PM »
Do we have any true spoilers of the teams? Because if Joey keeps uploading daily vlogs, he & Meghan were not asked back,and one question does anyone think that CBS could bring teams from seasons 1 to 17?
Jason & Amy to win TAR23

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2013, 08:01:42 PM »
Do we have any true spoilers of the teams? Because if Joey keeps uploading daily vlogs, he & Meghan were not asked back,and one question does anyone think that CBS could bring teams from seasons 1 to 17?
Daily vlogs can easily be done in advance. Meghan tweeted a picture of all her vlogs she had yet to upload and I think there was 16. Sorry for straying off topic

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2013, 08:10:07 PM »

Or they were asked back but declined.  As for team spoilers, we're not going to get anything (if at all) until the teams are on their way.  Personally, I'd be pissed if I were pulled from an awesome season thanks to a leaked list (a la Apprentice) of participants prior to the start of the season.  Speaking of which...

Not sure.  I was really hoping that they would've started this week(end) so as to have the racers return to their families in time for Thanksgiving, or at least, prior the AR 23 finale.  However, the taping for the spring seasons typically start later in November where it conflicts completely with Thanksgiving Weekend, and the autumn finale (IIRC, they finished Season 22 prior to the Season 21 finale, but barely).  Of course, given the events around LAX, I'm thankful that they did NOT start today or around this horrible day.  Hopefully that won't hold off filming, but it's more important that people are safe, and prayers to those involved.

Anyway, I'm assuming it'll be pretty soon. Unless they emulate the 2001-2002 filiming/airing schedule, it should be within the next couple of weeks.

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »
They could always have an east starting line or maybe a midweek start?

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2013, 08:24:57 PM »
True, but I wonder if, say they were going to start in the all but typical LAX/West Coast spot; how they could adjust with not much time.  Plus, even though it was one area that was affected, I thought about how other areas around the country would react and adjust so as to make sure what transpired at LAX does not happen again.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »

:welcome: to RFF clucars!

Well, CBS doesn't exactly tell us, lol. But approx in a couple of weeks or so, we think.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2013, 11:10:58 PM »
San Francisco starting line please!  :cheer:

And hopefully seeing all the reaction to the teams, Bert & Co. (and CBS apparently) made the necessary changes (hehe, necessary) and are keeping the final list in a safe.
And making anyone who knows of the list to sign a $10 million confidentiality agreement. lol
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:14:32 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2013, 01:23:30 AM »
I have a weird dream that Pam & Winnie are coming, but they get eliminated in 7th. :crazy:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2013, 01:24:58 AM »
I like HALF of that dream :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2013, 01:29:59 AM »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2013, 01:31:23 AM »
Which teams declined the invite back to TAR? ???
Or which teams couldn't come back?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2013, 06:41:18 AM »
My spec on Ireland... ??? below 50% ??? But if they visited Ireland for this season, I think there will be a switchback. ???

Donkey Task for Switchback!  :conf:
THIS!

I think this season is going to start in Los Angeles.  :umn:

NO, PLEASE! Indonesia neither...

Finally Philippenes! I like it. :)
Please no more Indonesia  :gaah: :tantrum I'd like to see Malaysia though!

I don't see Amani & Marcus AT ALL as a team that's worthy to come back... I'd rather see a full S1-17 cast with a couple of WORTHY S18-23 returnees, that a bunch of meh teams from recent seasons...

I wonder if there might be a chance this would be a Switchback-type of season. Like having the course be made up of the most infamous legs in TAR history (but with a much harder difficulty)
This would be very interesting! And as reality shows always try to come up with new twists, for an AS season this would be an awesome choice!

Offline Lost Memories

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »
I would like to see them go to Asia first, places like South Korea, Japan etc (No Indonesia please god, no more), then Europe, then swing down to Africa and some random countries in the area.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2013, 05:08:11 PM »
I would like to see them go to Asia first, places like South Korea, Japan etc (No Indonesia please god, no more), then Europe, then swing down to Africa and some random countries in the area.
I'd love a first leg in South Korea, then Philippines (2 legs?), either of Mongolia/Kuwait/Sri Lanka/Kazakhstan/UAE/Singapore/Cambodia/Oman for a couple more legs in Asia. Then maybe a new European country like Latvia (2 legs maybe?), go on for Belgium and Iceland (2 legs again?). For the 11th leg they'd travel to Canada and end the race I-don't-care-where.

Maybe that's too much, but I find this a very interesting route :)  :conf:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
On the LAX shooting.

Although TAR was not affected, Mad Men were filming in the American Airlines Terminal  and MythBusters were in the terminal that the incident occurred as they were catching a flight to Delaware

Source: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4195209

Production on "Mad Men" was suspended on Friday, Nov. 4 following the shooting at LAX, according to tweets from a crew member.

A rep for AMC confirmed "Mad Men" crew was shooting at the airport, but could not provide any other additional details. According to key grip Dustin Woods, "Mad Men" was filming at American Airlines, Terminal 4, and was told to move to the far end of the tunnel for safety following the shooting.

The tweets have since been deleted, but Woods said "Police K-9 unit going through AA arrival terminal right now. Should be getting the all clear shortly" and "We got the ok to leave but Police have not given the all clear."

Stars of Discovery's "MythBusters" were in LAX at the time of the shooting.

"'Mythbusters' Grant Imahara and Tory Belleci were present in Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport at the time of today's shooting incident. Both were en route to Delaware for the filming of 'Punkin Chunkin'. Grant and Tory are safe and being rerouted. Our thoughts are with all those affected by today's tragedy and our gratitude goes out to the members of the LAPD, Airport Police, TSA, and Virgin America staff for restoring safety to the scene," Discovery said in a statement.

Now back on topic. For locations I think we will see East Asia (Korea, China),  Australia (most likely: Melbourne, Tasmania or Canberra), them I wouldn't be surprised if they use Marionete's theory of  Asia --> Europe (Latvia, Belgium and Iceland) -->Canada (my guess: French Canada, Montreal) --> US
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:46:40 AM by theamazingracer21 »