Author Topic: pre-TAR 24 speculation  (Read 123847 times)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Re: pre-TAR 24 speculation
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2013, 11:25:05 PM »
The bigger trend I've seen is: most of the teams will rank worse than they originally did, then only one team will rank at the exact same position (Ozzy & Danny, Kent & Vyxsin), and everyone else will improve.

I think the way it will distribute is that the same-placer team will indicate the Season that was average in difficulty, while the teams that improve will indicate which seasons were harder (Kisha & Jen are kind of an anomaly seeing the weakness of the rest of the S14 cast).But it was interesting to see how S5, S10 and S9 made it to the finale in AS, seeing as they're considered to be on the harder side.

It also helps show that a team got unlucky to be eliminated when they were and actually had they hung around, could of won their original season.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2013, 03:16:45 AM »
Just some interesting tidbits about both All Stars and Unfinished Business that we may see repeated in this up coming season.

If you made the final three in your original season you will be eliminated in this season towards the middle of the pack.
If you came in fourth in your original season you will likely place second overall.
If you came in sixth in your original season you will likely place third overall
If you win, The final leg will be your only win for that season.

Dustin & Kandice and Flight Time & Big Easy placed 4th in their original season and placed 2nd in their return, Will we see a M/F team come second this season?
Charla & Mirna and Gary & Mallory placed 6th in their original season and placed 3rd in their return, Will we see a M/M season come third?

If you finished 5th you will finish 5th again :lol: Kent & Vyxsin and also never win a leg :lol: Could be Youtubers if they are invited back :lol:

Amazing coincidences! :lol:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2013, 04:27:43 AM »
I always thought it was funny how on both seasons that teams that finished above 4th(AS)/5th(UB) did better the second time around and those eliminated before it did worse. Oswald & Danny and Kent & Vxysin both got the exact same placement as their previous race too :lol:

I doubt that will hold this season though :/

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2013, 05:22:21 AM »
fundamentally, I wasn't really a fan of a returners season

but I guess some of the recent casts were worth to be brought back

putting Rachel and The Twins and Marie in  one season?
Oh good lord in heaven please get us through this!!!!

Brenchel could redeem their "no-leg-win" curse I suppose ...
The Snnowboarders, The Twins, and The Country singers could redeem their 4th place finish
and Dave and Connor will just... do whatever it is they did and we're supposed to be inspired by it

surprised they didn't bring back Max and Katie, chippendales, or Amani and Marcus. Max and Katie will be thrilled to come back. I wonder how they will approach the race for the 2nd time. I mean they can't lay low and be passive-aggressive anymore it's too obvious now.
Chippendales and Amani and Marcus were probably not looking forward to return.

I assume the production didn't really want to bring back a bunch of final three racers like UB. F3 Teams to return so are only Brendon and Rachel and Jet and Cord. Like really? The Cowboys, Again????
Just get over it, CBS! they did it once they came close, they did it twice they got u-turned, so the third time is gonna be the charm?  :groan:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2013, 05:25:40 AM »
surprised they didn't bring back Max and Katie, chippendales, or Amani and Marcus. Max and Katie will be thrilled to come back. I wonder how they will approach the race for the 2nd time. I mean they can't lay low and be passive-aggressive anymore it's too obvious now.

Apparently Maxie turned it down  :res:  (:;) :groan: :knuckles: :tantrum :( :'( :crazy: :dick :pull :faint:

I think they were just hated too much and they wouldn't be able to cope with the hate again.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2013, 06:10:57 AM »

Apparently Maxie turned it down  :res:  (:;) :groan: :knuckles: :tantrum :( :'( :crazy: :dick :pull :faint:

I think they were just hated too much and they wouldn't be able to cope with the hate again.

really? WOW! I thought I read somewhere they wanted to return but that was a long time ago ...
they were a great a team, especially with like navigation and flights...
it's a disappointment they refused to return due to some stupid haters...

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »
Youtube apparently were also uncertain if they'd return but I think it's easy to incorporate it into their job, also increasing their fame  :cheer:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2013, 02:00:50 PM »
Youtube apparently were also uncertain if they'd return but I think it's easy to incorporate it into their job, also increasing their fame  :cheer:
Honestly, what makes Joey & Meghan All-Stars worthy other than being in an alliance with one of the biggest delusional idiots to ever run the Race? :nana

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2013, 02:27:58 PM »
I think that is an unfair comment, they enjoyed the race for one, and were uturned twice for being annoying? They weren't even a threat but everyone loved Banthony and what happened, banthony won  :res: :res:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »
Well, plenty of teams enjoy the Race. And it really was because of their alliance. Wasn't it basically the others liked Mona & Beth a little more and weren't as annoying that Joey & Meghan were U-Turned instead? :)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2013, 03:49:55 AM »
I was on the youtubers side though :/ Wasn't even a fan of theirs but like Megan <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »

I wouldn't believe everything you hear.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »
I think Peach is right. So many teams, random ones like Cowboys and Country girls? They are such random teams to fling about when we have an abundance of other All Stars teams, well that most of us here agree on are all stars :lol:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
I was on the youtubers side though :/ Wasn't even a fan of theirs but like Megan <3
Meghan was alright half the time. But then Joey's histrionics and playing to the camera would drag her down a lot honestly. Can she Race with some other YouTuber?  :hoot:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »
He's like that IRL though :/ It would grind on you over time but you get over it in a programme of 13 episodes

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »

I wouldn't believe everything you hear.

Good.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »
He's like that IRL though :/ It would grind on you over time but you get over it in a programme of 13 episodes
He could do all of that YouTube as much as he wants, it's those 13 episodes of a show I watch that annoys me  :funny: Hopefully it'll only end up being one  :)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2013, 09:43:58 PM »
Meghan was alright half the time. But then Joey's histrionics and playing to the camera would drag her down a lot honestly. Can she Race with some other YouTuber?  :hoot:

Unless it's Justine Ezarik, I don't think I'd separate a team (especially Joey & Meghan) for any reason whatsoever. I'll admit, I didn't mind Eric & Danielle as a team (probably since I'm probably the only TAR9 fan on Planet Earth).  I don't think it should've been done looking back for many reasons, mainly since it denied people seeing how Eric & Jeremy would've performed against better competition.  Regardless, it should not have been done, but I respect it given the fact that both Eric & Danielle were former racers (two people that actually had a storyline).  Therefore, I'm not sure if I'd ever drop a racer for someone that hasn't raced before. JMO.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2013, 09:53:37 PM »
There are a couple of teams from Youtube that I'd love to see on the Race but more on the gaming side of things  :funny: That's off topic though xD.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2013, 10:10:50 PM »
Here's my spec for the post-UB teams:
Tim & Marie
Jason & Amy
Dave & Connor
Country Singers
Joey & Danny
Mopper
Brenchel
Art & JJ
Andy & Tommy
Amani & Marcus
Jeremy & Sandy

It's a spec, it's not what I really want.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2013, 10:15:04 PM »
Btw, which teams turned down TAR's offer of becoming returning racers? So that we'll know which teams will definitely not show up on TAR24. :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2013, 10:47:18 PM »
Does anybody here think that there will be a new twist for this season?

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2013, 10:50:58 PM »
Tim & Marie
Jason & Amy
Dave & Connor
Country Singers
Joey & Danny
Mopper
Brenchel
Art & JJ
Andy & Tommy
Amani & Marcus
Jeremy & Sandy

I can't see Jeremy & Sandy returning this season seeing as they just had a baby other than that I'm fine with your spec.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2013, 11:59:40 PM »
Tim & Marie
Jason & Amy
Dave & Connor
Country Singers
Joey & Danny
Mopper
Brenchel
Art & JJ
Andy & Tommy
Amani & Marcus
Jeremy & Sandy

I can't see Jeremy & Sandy returning this season seeing as they just had a baby other than that I'm fine with your spec.

Oh... :o

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2013, 12:03:01 AM »

Unless it's Justine Ezarik, I don't think I'd separate a team (especially Joey & Meghan) for any reason whatsoever. I'll admit, I didn't mind Eric & Danielle as a team (probably since I'm probably the only TAR9 fan on Planet Earth).  I don't think it should've been done looking back for many reasons, mainly since it denied people seeing how Eric & Jeremy would've performed against better competition.  Regardless, it should not have been done, but I respect it given the fact that both Eric & Danielle were former racers (two people that actually had a storyline).  Therefore, I'm not sure if I'd ever drop a racer for someone that hasn't raced before. JMO.
Was the Colin and Jonathan hybrid team for TARAS ever real or just made up?  I think because both Christie and Victoria were pregnant at the time?