Author Topic: pre-TAR 24 speculation  (Read 124198 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: pre-TAR 24 speculation
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2013, 01:27:25 AM »
Gloria Delgado LandColombia plz <3333333333

:lol:

I would also love it if ever they came back to my beautiful country the Philippines.... IF a typhoon isn't here :/

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2013, 02:03:12 AM »
My speculation for TAR24 (if westward route):

Asia (3 legs)
I speculate South Korea to be visited first, because it's been only visited on penultimate leg. A full leg in Seoul and then a second leg in not-a-city leg will bring a good first impression. Then I speculate Brunei to be visited because it's never been visited yet and has a good potential (maybe they will pair it with Malaysia).

Africa (2 legs)
I agree with claude, they should visit South Africa. They can go to Kruger National Park or they can visit Oudtshoorn. Maybe they can visit the Cape of Good Hope.
Or maybe, next possible location is Morocco, but I doubt it because they just visited Middle East in TAR23

Europe (3 legs)
Because many places in Europe had visited post-UB, I can only think of Eastern Europe. Ukraine, Hungary, Slovakia, Montenegro, Romania, Croatia, etc should be visited (again). Then, the next location I think in Europe is Italy/Malta, just because last leg in Italy (TAR 20) didn't give me a good impression. Maybe a leg in Venice will give a good impression. About Malta, it's kinda obvious, this place needs a leg in TAR!

South America (2 legs)
Either two legs in Venezuela/Bolivia, or maybe a leg each in Uruguay/Peru/Ecuador. Why? Because there are many good opportunity and good places to visit in South America, but it seems that WRP only sees South America only consists of Brazil, Chile, and Argentina. :P

Central America (1 leg)
Since TAR19, I've been hoping for another penultimate leg in Central America. Guatemala and Costa Rica are a really good choice! Or maybe somewhere in Caribbean (Belize, Jamaica, or Trinidad and Tobago).. FYI, we only see Caribbean as a holiday prize for the first team to arrive at the Pit Stop, why just make them go and race there? ;)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2013, 02:05:14 AM »
Ooo! I didn't know there were so many Filipino fans here. Hehe.

I could see them going to the Philippines on TAR24 and have some kind of task helping out those that were affected by the recent typhoons (since they will for sure stay up north if ever they go).  I don't see them traveling any further south than Legaspi though just for the third version of the Jig or Pig Detour lol.  Especially with the earthquake this week and the hostility down south.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2013, 04:48:31 AM »

I could see them going to the Philippines on TAR24 and have some kind of task helping out those that were affected by the recent typhoons (since they will for sure stay up north if ever they go).  I don't see them traveling any further south than Legaspi though just for the third version of the Jig or Pig Detour lol.  Especially with the earthquake this week and the hostility down south.

I think you're talking about the 4th version (which will definitely never happen :funny: ). That detour has been done three times already by TAR AUS, TAR Asia, & TAR Philippines.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2013, 05:01:28 AM »
I think I get it now: Returning Teams could mean teams before TAR:UB but didn't get the chance to race in UB like Brook & Claire.
So if this happens, I think their locked for this season. Other locks may include: Dave & Connor, Mopper, and... that's what I can think of for now.

For the locations:
As much as I want TAR to visit the Philippines, it's not possible as of now :( . I just hope they visit the Philippines soon. If they film in the Philippines at Nov-Dec, the traffic drama could be fun to watch but awful for the teams.

I think they'll visit Belize or Laos (one of the cancelled legs) this season.

I have a feeling that they're visiting Oceania this season. I'm just not sure if all the teams will get there or only the F4 will.

Definitely annoying, but I think they're visiting Indonesia again.

Maybe they'll visit one of the safe countries in the middle east.

I think they might visit a new European country.

And... that's it! This is just a speculation anyway, so I was just thinking that they'd annoy us more on Indonesia.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure they'll go back beyond S18 for casting.
What about Nick & Vicki or Maria & Tiffany? :lol: I loved those teams, so I'd be stoked if they came back.

I also went through the past seasons in wikipedia and these are the teams I'd love to return and they deserve a second chance: Steve & Allie, Jordan & Jeff, Joe & Heidi, Azaria & Hendekea, Lena & Kristy (like, I know that's too far from reality... :lol:)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2013, 12:45:25 PM »

I think you're talking about the 4th version (which will definitely never happen :funny: ). That detour has been done three times already by TAR AUS, TAR Asia, & TAR Philippines.
That's right! I forgot the original was TARA lol I was only thinking about TARAu and TARPh.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »
Azaria and Hendekia really should be brought back!

Offline amazingracer921

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »
Me thinks it'll be like a Survivor or Big Brother season where we'll see the mix of returning racers and newbies

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2013, 12:53:07 AM »
Me thinks it'll be like a Survivor or Big Brother season where we'll see the mix of returning racers and newbies
No, just no.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2013, 01:12:36 AM »
No, just no.

I agree. If we're getting returnees don't mix it because nobody will care for the newbs.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2013, 01:17:37 AM »
Okay, I'm going all out here on my predictions/fantasy race:

Starting Line: Unfortunately, it'll probably be LA again :/

Leg 1: Beijing, CHINA. A big city that hasn't been visited in a while. It's also a good stopping point to go to other places in China.
Leg 2: somewhere on the Yellow Sea, CHINA. This would probably be Dalian, Liaoning or Qingdao or Yantai, Shandong.
Leg 3: Vientiane, LAOS. Never been here before. They could use the original tar 19 legs.
Leg 4: Vang Vieng, LAOS. Nearby town. Plenty of things to do here (inner-tubing, kayaking, zip-line, spelunking, etc.)
Leg 5: Kathmandu, NEPAL. Another new country. I want to see them do things with yaks :D
Leg 6: Bhaktapur, NEPAL. Buddhist monasteries.
Leg 7: Transylvania, ROMANIA. Haven't been here in a while. They should do a Frankenstein play, where they have to memorize a long passage and act it out (Frankenstein has really hard vocabulary and language!). 
Leg 8: Helsinki, FINLAND. No race has ever had an entire leg in Finland :(
Leg 9: A Coruna, SPAIN. A nice little town on the Bay of Biscay/Atlantic Ocean. They could do challenges with native Galicians.
Leg 10: Prince Edward Island, CANADA. I know they just had an entire race in Canada, but the us version hasn't been here in ages. Time for a return!
Leg 11: east coast, USA. Maybe they could go somewhere obscure, like Charleston, South Carolina or the Outer Banks, North Carolina (fly a replica of the Wright Brothers' airplane?)

1st Place = Mark & Bopper!!!! Who wouldn't want them to win?!?!?!
2nd Place = Joey & Meghan. I love them in tar 22. And everyone hated/hates them for some reason (first team to be U-Turned twice in one season), so I feel for them.
3rd Place = Pam & Winnie OR Natalie & Nadiya. I like these two about the same- they're strong female competitors that can kick butt
4th Place = Pam & Winnie OR Natalie & Nadiya. I like these two about the same- they're strong female competitors that can kick butt
5th Place = Jet & Cord. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Cowboys, and have no problem with them returning. However, this is their 3rd race, and teams deserve it more.
6th Place = Dave & Connor. I liked them a lot, but they're probably the team I like the least of the final 6.
7th Place = Caroline & Jennifer. I don't or like dislike them. They're just there. They weren't very strong competitors though.
8th Place = Andy & Tommy. They were too powerful (if that makes sense). They kept ripping off other teams by taking their first places.
9th Place = Tim & Marie. 'Nuf said.
10th Place = Brenden & Rachel. They're too annoying ("I hope we see the Tanzanian Devil!"..."I got 500 dollar extensions! Sob sob can't cut my hair sob!")
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2013, 01:19:17 AM »
Doubt Laos. Apparently Thailand 2 of TAR19 was a ripoff of the Laos leg (correct me if I'm wrong) :P

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2013, 01:59:36 AM »
Doubt Laos. Apparently Thailand 2 of TAR19 was a ripoff of the Laos leg (correct me if I'm wrong) :P

Really? Well then. I guess you learn something new everyday. If not Laos, Philippines or Malaysia would be nice :)
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2013, 02:18:13 AM »
Visiting Laos itself will be a whole different experience for TAR. They will get a few new countries this time, THIS I BELIEVE. #faith #pleasedontdisappoint #producersareyoureadingthis?

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2013, 02:39:35 AM »
Visiting Laos itself will be a whole different experience for TAR. They will get a few new countries this time, THIS I BELIEVE. #faith #pleasedontdisappoint #producersareyoureadingthis?

Or at least a few countries that have been very rarely visited. Crossing my fingers for a Fiji leg!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2013, 08:24:55 AM »
I would definitely love to see the trainwreck Nick/Vicki again! And Maria & Tiffany are the first team since Nancy & Emily not to complete a detour ??? and be elim.? Would like either of those teams too!

I would like to see 12/13 teams and maybe 14/15 legs, though this would cost way too much

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »

Or at least a few countries that have been very rarely visited. Crossing my fingers for a Fiji leg!

Fiji leg!  :hearts: There is a possibility I guess.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2013, 12:56:49 PM »
Please, no more LA! :/

I hope they come to Spain! :D
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »
I think the race will go westward, and hopefully, this season's finale will complete the list of NL East cities.  :)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »
I would definitely love to see the trainwreck Nick/Vicki again! And Maria & Tiffany are the first team since Nancy & Emily not to complete a detour ??? and be elim.? Would like either of those teams too!

I would like to see 12/13 teams and maybe 14/15 legs, though this would cost way too much
Yay! Somebody likes the teams I like  :hearts: :ghug:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2013, 03:02:19 PM »
After both FF teams in season 17 my favs were Nick & Vicki  :cheer: I would love to see Kentina back too vs Rachel vs Marie vs Twinnies plz  :cheer:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2013, 03:13:04 PM »
Just some interesting tidbits about both All Stars and Unfinished Business that we may see repeated in this up coming season.

If you made the final three in your original season you will be eliminated in this season towards the middle of the pack.
If you came in fourth in your original season you will likely place second overall.
If you came in sixth in your original season you will likely place third overall
If you win, The final leg will be your only win for that season.

Dustin & Kandice and Flight Time & Big Easy placed 4th in their original season and placed 2nd in their return, Will we see a M/F team come second this season?
Charla & Mirna and Gary & Mallory placed 6th in their original season and placed 3rd in their return, Will we see a M/M season come third?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2013, 03:15:43 PM »
Just some interesting tidbits about both All Stars and Unfinished Business that we may see repeated in this up coming season.

If you made the final three in your original season you will be eliminated in this season towards the middle of the pack.
If you came in fourth in your original season you will likely place second overall.
If you came in sixth in your original season you will likely place third overall
If you win, The final leg will be your only win for that season.

Dustin & Kandice and Flight Time & Big Easy placed 4th in their original season and placed 2nd in their return, Will we see a M/F team come second this season?
Charla & Mirna and Gary & Mallory placed 6th in their original season and placed 3rd in their return, Will we see a M/M season come third?

If you finished 5th you will finish 5th again :lol: Kent & Vyxsin and also never win a leg :lol: Could be Youtubers if they are invited back :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2013, 10:05:15 PM »
The bigger trend I've seen is: most of the teams will rank worse than they originally did, then only one team will rank at the exact same position (Ozzy & Danny, Kent & Vyxsin), and everyone else will improve.

I think the way it will distribute is that the same-placer team will indicate the Season that was average in difficulty, while the teams that improve will indicate which seasons were harder (Kisha & Jen are kind of an anomaly seeing the weakness of the rest of the S14 cast).But it was interesting to see how S5, S10 and S9 made it to the finale in AS, seeing as they're considered to be on the harder side.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move