Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 3 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 29762 times)

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
This episode felt like the much earlier seasons, with the airport drama, and teams finding different ways to get to their destination. I just wished that they showed which teams followed which flight pattern on the map, like they did in TAR2 and TAR3. Still, I was divided on this, because while it was a callback to the earlier seasons, it took away time from showcasing Lisbon. And nice for them to show Sintra as well, which is often the recommended day trip from Lisbon.

I was so hoping that Marie would be tricked into using the Express Pass at the Tiles Detour. Well, only 2 more possible legs with her holding that 2nd Express Pass on a carrot stick.

But now they at least 100% gets one slot in UB 2 (if it happens). And at least they won something before they left.

I don't think so either. While a great story for UB and they were one of the more likeable teams, they got eliminated way too early, placing 9th. Besides, I don't think any of the returnee teams in TAR18 were brought back because of bad luck with airport delays, and none of them placed lower than 8th.

I was so hoping that they made that flight in San Paolo, just to catch up to Tim & Marie. And who knows, if Tim & Marie would have joined Team JJ for holding on to their Express Pass too long.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:23:38 AM by WalterC »

Offline richard2013

• RFF Full Member
I aslso hoped that they would have been tricked to use that express pass. That would make them much more vulnerable.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
Also, I forgot to mention, that the episode title should have been called "Just forgot the zero!" That is more funnier than King Arthur Style.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
I was very happy to see the airport drama return! Let's face it though - it had to return, because it was the deciding factor in this leg's outcome.

If it hadn't been shown, it would have been a crappy episode, like some other episodes I know... :stare

I still don't like the fact that the Roadblock was an entirely manufactured set, and could have been done virtually ANYWHERE, but I'm so tired of ranting about that subject that I won't say anything more about it right now... :umn:

It was sad what happened to Chester & Ephraim, but honestly, as soon as Travis & Nicole got their tickets first, I knew it was over for the Team NFL. I think I could count on one hand the number of times the editing has actually fooled me (although one of those moments was actually just last season).

But the fact that this team fell 22 hours behind after that one mistake? Wow. That is not something we see every day. What happened to Azaria & Hendekea on Leg 6 of TAR 12 actually pales drastically in comparison to this. Clearly, fate stopped Chester & Ephraim dead in their tracks!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
We need a bad luck Brian meme with Chester and Ephraim's faces on.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Jason & Amy <3 Cab crash was hilarious :lol: I loved how Amy was playing around at the desk <3

I find it hilarious how Marie is special enough to have her own caption when she asked Oklahoma for details <3

OMG BUNNIES GOING TO AN EXEC LOUNGE <3 SHADES OF CHARLA & MIRNA <3

Chester & Ephraim getting screwed over repetitively is sad :( But thankfully it wasn't Timmarie :lol:

MARIE <3 BUNNIES WERE SMART LIKE ME SO I DON'T LIKE THEM ANYMORE <3

I'M SURE I DID THIS TILE TASK IN DC3 :funny:

MAGELLAN TASK <3

Random group of Portuguese people helping <3

Bunnies Misa & Maiyaing the Tiles task master <3

THE KING AND QUEEN ARE WATCHING - A Bunny <3

I love the background music on this leg.

Magellan wasn't impressed that Oklahoma forgot the zero :lol:

Afghanimals completely overestimating how competent they are and forgetting that the world is round was fabulous.

Marie seeing through Afghanimals' lie quite blatantly <3

I'M TRYING TO NOT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A BITCH, I MEAN I DON'T THINK THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN BUT WHEN PEOPLE ARE AT HOME I DON'T WANT FOR PEOPLE TO THINK YOU'RE THAT TERRIBLE OF A PARTNER <3 - The ever-kind Mariegoddess