Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 3 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 29759 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Gutsy Granny's airport travesty :torche

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Got to say, Chester & Ephraim do have some good unfinished business. They got killed by every single flight on this leg.

But their likability factor doesn't deserve them coming back tbh

I didn't mind them to be honest, I think had they not gotten killed by the flights on this leg, Tim & Marie would of been eliminated most likely.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Marie is such a bitch..but I love that she's so self-aware and honest about it
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Got to say, Chester & Ephraim do have some good unfinished business. They got killed by every single flight on this leg.

But their likability factor doesn't deserve them coming back tbh

I didn't mind them to be honest, I think had they not gotten killed by the flights on this leg, Tim & Marie would of been eliminated most likely.

No thanks

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Teams plunge into the Arctic. Nicole makes a power play for the Express Pass. Travis & Nicole are in a car and Tim & Marie are in a car facing the other direction... Nicole is basically saying I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS. This will be fun to watch.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Todays ep lacked something  :(

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Teams plunge into the Arctic. Nicole makes a power play for the Express Pass. Travis & Nicole are in a car and Tim & Marie are in a car facing the other direction... Nicole is basically saying I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS. This will be fun to watch.
I kind of like how the tables could turn on the whole 2nd EP. Tim & Marie expected to be treated nicely in order to see if they would give it away, but now Nicole is doing the opposite, deny all help and courtesy unless they hand over the EP.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
It was very short, but it had lots of drama between the teams (and interaction as well) so I quite liked it actually! :tup:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Excellent idea by Nicole.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
It was very short, but it had lots of drama between the teams (and interaction as well) so I quite liked it actually! :tup:
I liked it too, maybe it was because it was short  :funny:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I love airport drama. Haven't seen it happen in a long time.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
I love airport drama. Haven't seen it happen in a long time.
Missed the first 10 mins so will have to rewatch tomorrow :funny:

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
I wonder how close Phil came to missing them since he probably had to leave to get to the next location

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thoughts on the leg:

Loooooved the airport drama! <333333333
But with that came the Football players eliminated by luck </3 So sad. :(
I loved the tasks, they were really creative as well <3
And I loved Nicky & Kim's flight move! <3333

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thoughts on the leg:

Loooooved the airport drama! <333333333
But with that came the Football players eliminated by luck </3 So sad. :(
I loved the tasks, they were really creative as well <3
And I loved Nicky & Kim's flight move! <3333

That was so All-Stars worthy (almost to Schmirna and BQ levels)
The story so far:

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
Nicky&Kim must be inspired by The Queen of Airport (Charla & Mirna) :lol:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Overall, I think this Leg was fairly decent. The panoramic, castle scenery was beautiful and the stage coach museum is a must-see if I ever go to Lisbon. I have never seen so much airplane travel drama recently and this captivated its essence in The Amaxing Race. The "Tiles" Detour was pretty solid. A bit challenging, but teams were still able to pull through fast. I thought it was too straightforward though for a country we haven't seen since seaaon 3/Flo-mania. The "Miles" Detour was great, a good fork in the road questioning, but it was simple for teams to pair up and figure stuff out together. The Roadblock was trial & error, but this one went by too quickly. I wish team members had their own array of shields and had to aim through all (given number) of those to get their next clue.

The only thing that I really can't stand is the un-Amazing Race-esque soundtracks the editors use. Again, it sounds more like filming for a famous traveler's website instead of a suspenseful and high-energy race.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Gutsy Granny's airport travesty :torche
But the Gutsy Grannies were eliminated at a beautiful winery, got to taste some local brew before they flew off to sequester, and even received gracious messages from their fellow season's racers. Ches & Eph were eliminated at the airport and were forced to fly for another some hours to Elimination Station. :'(

I feel bad for both.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Nicky & Kim, loved them even more! :hearts:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
But Charla & Mirna will always be #1 and known for: "Desmond, kick some people off. They don't need to go to Hong Kong, we need!"

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Marie is such a bitch..but I love that she's so self-aware and honest about it

YES OMG <3

I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS <3

MARIE <3

NOT USING THE EP <3

TIM GETTING THE RB IN ONE SHOT <3

NOT USING THE EP <3

Timmarie to be TAR's first OTTNNNNNNN winners please <3

Because she said she wouldn't return for AS on her twitter :(

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
But Charla & Mirna will always be #1 and known for: "Desmond, kick some people off. They don't need to go to Hong Kong, we need!"

Game over. You win. You have won my admiration for whipping out this quote.  :hrt:

All else aside, I thought it was a very good episode. From my point of view, it's been one of the best episodes I have seen in a while.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
"Chester & Ephraim arrived in Lisbon hours after the remaining teams, after encountering a flight delay in Buenos Aires, a missed connection in São Paulo, and a rerouting through London. After all other teams had already checked in at the Pit Stop, Phil is at Lisbon Portela Airport and they were eliminated."

Wow, haven't watch the episode but that is certainly epic.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
I'd have advised the NFL players not to take the risk, mainly because I would have been afraid that they'd have such short layovers in the connecting cities that the risk might not be worth the reward.  But instead, every flight they seemed to get was delayed!  Talk about a Murphy's Law leg -- whatever could go wrong, did!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
"Chester & Ephraim arrived in Lisbon hours after the remaining teams, after encountering a flight delay in Buenos Aires, a missed connection in São Paulo, and a rerouting through London. After all other teams had already checked in at the Pit Stop, Phil is at Lisbon Portela Airport and they were eliminated."

Wow, haven't watch the episode but that is certainly epic.

I completely agree. :) I can't wait to watch the episode tonight. :cheer: Just from the posts in this thread, I think there will be lots of "what if"s. The flight drama is making me pretty impatient right now. :tantrum Poor ChesEph. :( I feel so sorry for them. :torche They happen to be another victim of the 9th place finish curse.