Author Topic: TAR 23 Ratings Information  (Read 20258 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 23 Ratings Information
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2013, 05:21:25 PM »
I did see an article about a week ago that said households that watched TAR had the third highest income of any of the network shows. It also said that advertisers were paying a somewhat higher price for their commercials because of that. It's not much, but it may offset the decline in viewers to some extent. It's probably why Ford does all the car promotion on the show.

I'd post the article, but I can't find it any more.

Found what your looking for.

http://www.thewrap.com/TV-richest-and-poorest-shows-modern-family-bobs-burgers

TAR comes in 3rd with a median income of $75,700. Behind comedies Modern Family ($81,100) on ABC and Parks & Recreation ($81,000) on NBC. On the other end of the scale is FOX's animation line up (Bob's Burgers is $48,000, The Simpsons is $54,100 with the others in between) and 48 Hours ($54,000) on CBS. The general trend is that critically acclaimed shows are watched by higher income households.

Not to sound like an aristocratic jerk but by the looks of that list I watch a lot of shows in the higher income list.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:55:56 PM by theamazingracer21 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
CBS Football LEAD-INS help us, doubt that will!
Ok. Thanks.

Just didn't get American TV scheduling.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:40:39 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2013, 10:37:54 PM »
I often wonder what the state of TAR would've been had CBS thought of moving TAR to Sunday in 2004. They originally were going to have Season 6 start on Saturday nights immediately following Season 5 (whew!) but instead chose to push the season back to November sweeps following the general election. That resulted in a rare winter sweeps finale, three weeks before Season 7 (Rob & Amber Show).

Instead they moved it back to Tuesday.  IIRC, Seasons 6-7 were the series best seasons ratings wise; A Sunday move with football as a lead-in, that could've resulted in an epic run for the show that would have continued today.  Back then, Sunday football was on ESPN (horrible match ups), but Desperate Housewives was a hit show (I think that was Sunday as well) so some conflict there.

Anyway, if the ratings are bad, it's because of real-life and the season as a whole; not so much because it's opposite NBC SNF or the Oscars.  It hurts the numbers, but if this season had aired on Wednesday, it would've been pulled from the fall line-up.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2013, 02:25:58 AM »
I did see an article about a week ago that said households that watched TAR had the third highest income of any of the network shows. It also said that advertisers were paying a somewhat higher price for their commercials because of that. It's not much, but it may offset the decline in viewers to some extent. It's probably why Ford does all the car promotion on the show.

I'd post the article, but I can't find it any more.

Found what your looking for.

http://www.thewrap.com/TV-richest-and-poorest-shows-modern-family-bobs-burgers

TAR comes in 3rd with a median income of $75,700. Behind comedies Modern Family ($81,100) on ABC and Parks & Recreation ($81,000) on NBC. On the other end of the scale is FOX's animation line up (Bob's Burgers is $48,000, The Simpsons is $54,100 with the others in between) and 48 Hours ($54,000) on CBS. The general trend is that critically acclaimed shows are watched by higher income households.

Not to sound like an aristocratic jerk but by the looks of that list I watch a lot of shows in the higher income list.

That's the article! Thanks for finding it.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2013, 04:40:09 AM »
TARPH <3

Such a wonderful show ruined by some linear leg design and horrible boot order </3

Saida & Jervi robbage </3
Alabang Robbage </3
Dani/Mish Breakdown Queens Robbage </3
Sheena & Gee fiery bitcher Robbage </3
Ed & Angel robbage </3

#TARPFantarding :P

:luvya: :hrt: That would be best final 5 ever!!!!

But to keep my post on topic... hehe...

No.took me awhile to get it too, but Football HELPS.
8:30    NBC    Sunday Night Football:  (Cowboys/Saints) -Live (8:30-11PM)      7.8      21.09
So having something like this against TAR helps TAR in the ratings or am I missing something.
Not football on a competing network, but football on CBS itself leading into primetime.  The audience from football usually sticks around for primetime which starts immediately after every other week, especially when TAR gets promoted a little bit during the morning and afternoon games.

Football on NBC hasn't really affected TAR that much, it's just that TAR's audience has been slowly declining (slower than the rest of broadcast primetime), but in the last two seasons has taken a sharper dip than usual. =(

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2013, 03:31:20 PM »
Moonves has made clear that CBS now looks at same day plus three, same day plus seven and same day plus 30; and they've found that generally, all programming on the average doubles their audience with plus 30 playback plus downloads and streaming video. (CBS uses I-Tunes, Hulu plus, and CBS.com for post live broadcast since they do not offer cable "on demand." (and the CW half owned and all managed by CBS follows the same policy)
The advertisers are at live plus three days at the moment, but CBS is pushing hard for a switch to live plus seven days in the short term, and they're also pushing for more complete measurement for advertisers to use live streaming, downloads, and online viewing at websites to be included.
The other thing to keep in mind is that a number of basic cable and pay cable channels are airing original dramas, etc., on Sundays, and it's a bear to program my cable DVR for Sundays, especially with the NFL overruns. (Generally I'm having to record the first same-night repeat for Sunday cable shows; there's three shows I normally watch over the course of a week that I have trouble catching consistently that are on a network, and for those I'm having to use alternative viewing.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2013, 11:36:40 AM »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2013, 11:41:36 AM »
Preliminary data has the show drawing 10.4 million viewers! and a 1.9 demo rating. 

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/02/tv-ratings-sunday-once-upon-a-time-stays-at-low-bobs-burgers-american-dad-fall/219341/

The Good Wife also had similar increases, but not the Mentalist, and Sunday Night Foorball was down substantially, and all this was even with the mid-season finale for The Walking Dead on cable. This suggests that part of the football audience also watches TAR, and presumably are using time shifted viewing.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2013, 12:57:07 PM »
Final numbers for episode 9:
10.29 million viewers, 2.1/4 in the demo

Big thanks to a great, long football game and airing at 9pm.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2013, 02:29:51 PM »
Just wondering.. how does a HUGE delay help with HUGE (call that a hyperbole but it's pretty huge for this season) numbers?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2013, 04:13:39 PM »
Just wondering.. how does a HUGE delay help with HUGE (call that a hyperbole but it's pretty huge for this season) numbers?
As Peach mentioned above, the huge football lead-in helps. 

Even if just a third of those 25+ million NFL viewers stay with CBS until TAR comes, it's a big boost for the show.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
Especially when the match-ups were of two teams who previously had the best record in the league (flawless), even if they both fell below all-but flawless Seattle.  It helped that I doubt most people were switching to the NBC match-up of less interesting teams.

Speaking of which, with 2/3 of the episode running opposite a rather huge game, it'll be interesting to see what happens, but it was nice to see things above 10 M (after that rather large fall a week ago).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2013, 02:09:15 AM »
Finale ratings
CBS   The Amazing Race (8-10PM)   2.1   6   9.21
Source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/09/tv-ratings-sunday-once-upon-a-time-family-guy-rise-revenge-the-mentalist-the-amazing-race-flat/220934/

TAR came second in its timeslots to NBC's football coverage (not too shabby)

These ratings are not final as some areas were delayed due to football earlier on CBS. Ratings are subject to change.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »
Lowest rated TAR finale ever:
9.21 million viewers and a 2.1/5 in the demo.
TAR23 averaged 9.0 million viewers and a 2.0 demo rating.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/10/sunday-final-ratings-the-simpsons-family-guy-revenge-once-upon-a-time-betrayal-60-minutes-adjusted-down/221286/

That TAR23 consistently had sub-2.0s in the demo is the worrisome number since TAR has always been one of CBS' youngest shows. TAR also doesn't get a significant boost in +7 DVR ratings (watching DVRd episodes within 7 days of original airing).    Though no reality shows really get any big boosts in DVR watching anyway.