Author Topic: TAR 23 Ratings Information  (Read 20262 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR 23 Ratings Information
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
TV By The Numbers:
The Amazing Race earned a series low 1.7 down 11 percent from last week's 1.9.
8.23 million viewers

:'(

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 02:31:37 PM »
With both the World Series and Sunday Night football airing against it.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 03:25:54 PM »
Let's not sugarcoat the numbers though. TAR is down big, plain and simple, and it's time they get serious about ways to bring back the viewers.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »
Final ratings from TV By the Numbers:
Episode 5 was adjusted up a tenth in the demo to a still series low 1.8/4 with 8.11 million viewers.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 12:03:48 PM »
Boosted by a big NFL Overrun and even up against "The Walking Dead" at 9pm in half the country, episode 6 garnered the highest ratings since episode 2.

From TV By the Numbers:
Episode 6 attracted 9.38 million viewers with a 2.1/5 in the demo.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
From CBS' official press release, I think maybe the 2nd or 3rd time this season they've included TAR in the weekly ratings release.

THE AMAZING RACE
  • THE AMAZING RACE posted its second-best deliveries of the season in viewers (9.38m), adults 25-54 (2.9/06) and adults 18-49 (2.1/05) behind the Oct. 6, 2013 broadcast.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »
This is showing the effect of multiple cable and broadcast channels having special programming against TAR in that time slot.

Still want to see the time shifted viewing numbers, because I suspect that with those number the total viewership and demo numbers are more consistent than the live numbers.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 06:27:12 AM »
The final adjusted ratings are in for last Sunday's episode. TAR was down slightly from last week.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/11/12/sunday-final-ratings-revenge-the-simpsons-adjusted-down-plus-unscrambled-cbs-football-numbers/215084/

Time    Net     Show                                                                             18-49 rating/Share    Viewers (Millions)

8:30    NBC    Sunday Night Football:  (Cowboys/Saints) -Live (8:30-11PM)      7.8/20                      21.09
           CBS    The Amazing Race (8:47-9:47)                                                   2.2/5                        9.12
           FOX    Bob's Burgers                                                                               1.5/4                        3.17

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 09:14:07 AM »
At least it is back above the 9million mark.

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »
yeah, but any show pitted up to football will have low numbers....

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 04:18:54 PM »
Another potential series low for TAR.
Prelim numbers from TVbytheNumbers has TAR with 7.99 million viewers and a 1.5/4 18-49 rating.

That 1.5 beats TAR's previous series low in the demo, a 1.8.  It is also a potential 0.5 drop from last week's 2.0 rating.

Bottom line: HORRIBLE numbers for TAR.
Regardless of strong competition, because TAR has been in this same timeslot and gone up against the same competition for years.  And about The Walking Dead?  TAR23 had its 2nd and 3rd most watched episodes when it went up directly against The Walking Dead at 9pm in the Eastern US.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
Final ratings for episode 9:
7.97 million viewers and a 1.6/7 in the demo. Officially TAR's lowest rated episode ever.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »
7.97 million viewers and a 1.6/7 in the demo. Officially TAR's lowest rated episode ever.
I guess some people didn't want to see Indonesia being visited again.. then again, the 2013 American "Music" Awards were on ABC on Sunday.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 07:25:07 PM »
 I want every single one of you to bring in 10000 new viewers by Sunday please.  :hero:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2013, 07:37:20 PM »
Well looking at the next season's cast :res:

They need to get ActiveTV in on this, maybe we can get a TARAus2 esque season.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »

Better casting is at least a start to help bring viewers back.  So yes, they need to steal borrow the casting people from ActiveTV because TARAu (and TARPh) have had excellent casts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 11:32:47 PM »
I want every single one of you to bring in 10000 new viewers by Sunday please.  :hero:
:happy: They need to billboard and promote this like what TARCanada and new radio stations did.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2013, 04:46:49 AM »
I did see an article about a week ago that said households that watched TAR had the third highest income of any of the network shows. It also said that advertisers were paying a somewhat higher price for their commercials because of that. It's not much, but it may offset the decline in viewers to some extent. It's probably why Ford does all the car promotion on the show.

I'd post the article, but I can't find it any more.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2013, 07:40:05 AM »

Better casting is at least a start to help bring viewers back.  So yes, they need to steal borrow the casting people from ActiveTV because TARAu (and TARPh) have had excellent casts.

TARPH <3

Such a wonderful show ruined by some linear leg design and horrible boot order </3

Saida & Jervi robbage </3
Alabang Robbage </3
Dani/Mish Breakdown Queens Robbage </3
Sheena & Gee fiery bitcher Robbage </3
Ed & Angel robbage </3

#TARPFantarding :P

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2013, 09:55:51 AM »
I guess some people didn't want to see Indonesia being visited again.. then again, the 2013 American "Music" Awards were on ABC on Sunday.

Not to mention the fact that it was up against Manning vs Brady XIV. But that shouldn't be enough to dump it to under 8 M.  Sunday's double-header pushes the show to completely air opposite a game where the teams have a combined total 7 wins out of 21 or 22.  Next week's finale, IMO, will really prove or show the overall outcome of everything.  It will air opposite a huge NFL game that replaced a horrible one.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2013, 03:46:48 PM »
Wow. These ratings aren't amazing.

Do you think TAR should move to a different night so it doesn't get smashed by what you yanks call football.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2013, 04:25:09 PM »
No.took me awhile to get it too, but Football HELPS.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
I'd say no for now.  Well, I wouldn't mind seeing it on weeknights again, but where would you put it, is the question. Unlike earlier in the show's run, there are other shows that would beat it, mainly the Voice.  DWTS is probably going to win, and then the other half of the week, you have X-Factor and AI.  Since Thursday is no longer good for Survivor, as mentioned elsewhere, you could put TAR there.  That would be its best spot, given the 2-hour nature of the other reality shows that share an audience.  Sadly, the current CBS Thursday line-up is too good to change that.  Not to mention the fact that FOX has used the 9:00 slot for a results show.

I guess we're stuck with having it on Sunday for the remainder of the series.  If TPTB has an expection for the show where it's not a big deal to get crushed in the ratings, then TAR is fine.  Otherwise, it could be the nature of the show over what it's up against.  Hopefully next year in the spring we'll get a better look at the ratings.  No football, but just a pre-emption, the Academy Awards, and hoops & golf overruns to worry about.  But if NBC decides to replace The Apprentice with The Voice, that won't be good either, but TV isn't the NFL, so there's that bit of good news.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »
8:30    NBC    Sunday Night Football:  (Cowboys/Saints) -Live (8:30-11PM)      7.8      21.09
So having something like this against TAR helps TAR in the ratings or am I missing something.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »
CBS Football LEAD-INS help us, doubt that will!
RFF's Golden Rule: