The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR 23 Ratings Information

<< < (12/13) > >>

theschnauzers:
Moonves has made clear that CBS now looks at same day plus three, same day plus seven and same day plus 30; and they've found that generally, all programming on the average doubles their audience with plus 30 playback plus downloads and streaming video. (CBS uses I-Tunes, Hulu plus, and CBS.com for post live broadcast since they do not offer cable "on demand." (and the CW half owned and all managed by CBS follows the same policy)
The advertisers are at live plus three days at the moment, but CBS is pushing hard for a switch to live plus seven days in the short term, and they're also pushing for more complete measurement for advertisers to use live streaming, downloads, and online viewing at websites to be included.
The other thing to keep in mind is that a number of basic cable and pay cable channels are airing original dramas, etc., on Sundays, and it's a bear to program my cable DVR for Sundays, especially with the NFL overruns. (Generally I'm having to record the first same-night repeat for Sunday cable shows; there's three shows I normally watch over the course of a week that I have trouble catching consistently that are on a network, and for those I'm having to use alternative viewing.

Leafsfan.:
Preliminary data has the show drawing 10.4 million viewers! and a 1.9 demo rating. 

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/02/tv-ratings-sunday-once-upon-a-time-stays-at-low-bobs-burgers-american-dad-fall/219341/

theschnauzers:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on December 02, 2013, 11:36:40 AM ---Preliminary data has the show drawing 10.4 million viewers! and a 1.9 demo rating. 

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/02/tv-ratings-sunday-once-upon-a-time-stays-at-low-bobs-burgers-american-dad-fall/219341/

--- End quote ---

The Good Wife also had similar increases, but not the Mentalist, and Sunday Night Foorball was down substantially, and all this was even with the mid-season finale for The Walking Dead on cable. This suggests that part of the football audience also watches TAR, and presumably are using time shifted viewing.

dryedmangoez:
Final numbers for episode 9:
10.29 million viewers, 2.1/4 in the demo

Big thanks to a great, long football game and airing at 9pm.

RaceUntilWeDie:
Just wondering.. how does a HUGE delay help with HUGE (call that a hyperbole but it's pretty huge for this season) numbers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version