Author Topic: TAR 23 EP 2 "Zip It Bingo" Santiago, Chile  (Read 35685 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 23 EP 2 "Zip It Bingo" Santiago, Chile
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2013, 01:41:53 PM »
New sneak peek video up in post 2!

My take is that these are the forefront players...anyone not seen here is prob substantially behind. We know from the other vids that the Mining group of the guys is together, prob about the same time as this group of briners.

From info, I can say that NFL and Jason/Amy arrived neck and neck at the mine...while Nicky/Kim depart 2 HOURS 18 min later than NFL arrives...unknown how long this all took!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:01:57 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2013, 01:35:59 AM »
So....guess we are still looking for a zipline task!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2013, 01:50:27 AM »

Caption/Description: "Zip It, Bingo" -- Married ER Doctors Travis (left) and Nicole (right) must zip line over the Maipo River in San Alfonso, Chile in order to reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday Oct 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Are we?

What if it was unaired because the back of the pack got there at night so it was too dangerous for them to do it :S
Ashley&Ally talk about San Alfonso in the pitstop interview from the insider videos, and the clue from the roadblock didn't say anything about it, maybe this was edited out.
I still think is the beginning of Leg 3 though.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:54:29 AM by Vitoko »

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2013, 02:03:24 AM »

Caption/Description: "Zip It, Bingo" -- Married ER Doctors Travis (left) and Nicole (right) must zip line over the Maipo River in San Alfonso, Chile in order to reach the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday Oct 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Are we?

What if it was unaired because the back of the pack got there at night so it was too dangerous for them to do it :S
Ashley&Ally talk about San Alfonso in the pitstop interview from the insider videos, and the clue from the roadblock didn't say anything about it, maybe this was edited out.

Hmm, I thought you haven't seen the preview yet? Leo and Jamal open the first clue that tell them "Fly to Portugal", with Jamal wearing red shirt

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2013, 02:08:43 AM »

Are we?

Hmm, I thought you haven't seen the preview yet? Leo and Jamal open the first clue that tell them "Fly to Portugal", with Jamal wearing red shirt

You are right, and they are departing at night. My bad! :)
I change my answer to unaired task then. :)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2013, 07:16:25 AM »
It was unaired:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »
Oh nice find!! :yess: Too much shoeshine drama to show us?? :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2013, 05:56:12 PM »
Another great episode, pity about the outcome  :( I think they made a great impact, but had one of the worst disaster legs I can remember . Everything went wrong.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2013, 06:43:41 AM »
They also moved the Pit Stop from the Bridge to off the bridge at night.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »
I wonder if teams got a chance to shower after doing brinning? Otherwise the 24+h bus ride might have been tad uncomfortable...

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2013, 04:25:56 PM »
I do not know if they got to shower, but they probably had time. There was a wait for the bus for most of the teams, but was there a shower handy.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »
I do not know if they got to shower, but they probably had time. There was a wait for the bus for most of the teams, but was there a shower handy.

The Bus terminal has showers if you want to use it, I wouldn't do it if I was you but you can use them.

Either way probably they didn't use it, Nicky&Kim said in the pitstop interview that they were using the same clothes from the salt mine, and something about washing their hair in the sink or something like that...

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2013, 06:48:40 PM »
If they just got into the salt in swimwear I'm sure they'd get through the rest of the leg okay, since they could dry off and change.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2013, 07:52:43 PM »
Just confirming what Vitoko and Chateau wrote about earlier: the turnoff to the mine (viewpoint here; you can see the Irlanda 3 sign on the left).

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2013, 11:24:49 PM »
I wonder if teams got a chance to shower after doing brinning? Otherwise the 24+h bus ride might have been tad uncomfortable...

I agree completely. I once went swimming in the Dead Sea, and the feeling of so much salt was very unpleasant, almost painful, you had to wash with fresh water immediately after.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2013, 09:56:38 PM »
So I was rewatching the episode with my family and my dad actually caught something I didn't see before.

We were totally fooled by the editing... small pics because I don't wanna mess the forum.

This are Brandon&Adam and Rowan&Shane getting tickets in Iquique's bus terminal.
Now check this:

That in the background is Rowan leaving Iquique with Nicky&Kim who as we know were the last team to leave the detour so they would be the last team to get tickets to Santiago and were in the same bus as Tim&Marie, Ashley&Ally and Tim&Danny

Coquimbo''s bus terminal from a different perspective.

Now we get a new shot of Rowan&Shane getting a different bus to Santiago but they are not in Iquique, even the editing show us that they were actually in a stop in Coquimbo so they actually LEFT the bus with the back of the pack and got a new bus to Santiago from Coquimbo. Which is a Bus Ride of 6:30 hrs.

So yeah they actually got out of the second bus and got in a third bus. So they trying to outsmart the rest of the pack and Rowan finding a different lustrabotas was what got them eliminated.

I found this really interesting I figure I would share it with everyone here.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2013, 06:59:21 AM »
Wow great eyes Vitoko! Surprised they left this out

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2013, 08:11:02 AM »
Thanks Vic!! Awesome detail!! Do bus schedules show how long a layover they would have had there?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »
Hard to tell especially if what Rowan said in the interview is true and the agency pulled a different bus from the route to take them to Santiago.

Let's they use the Bus that leaves Iquique at 14:00 and arrives to Santiago around 16:20. 26 HRS
give or take, because of multiple stops on the way, it usually is 27 hrs.

That Bus arrives around 9:50 of the next day to Coquimbo (where they would've left the pack) Almost 20 HRS

The next bus to leave would do it at 10:30 and according to the agency website it would arrive to Santiago at 15:50. Almost 6 HRS

So I'm quite confuse on what actually happened to them.

Rewatching the footage it says that Rowan&Shane arrived to Santiago at 19:03 and to do that they should've take the bus that leaves Coquimbo at 13:00.

Also it says that the 2nd bus arrived at 18:44 to Santiago from Iquique, and to do that they should've take the bus that leaves Iquique at 17:30.

:crazy:

I'm guessing there is something hidden there. Something happened between the departure of Iquique and the arrival to Coquimbo and Santiago.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:05:50 PM by Vitoko »