Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 31843 times)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 23 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2013, 12:31:12 AM »
And I love the Starting Line

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Re: TAR 23 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2013, 06:34:27 AM »
After i see the episode, i have to say i'm a little disappointed too.

It was a good premier, but i don't know... I'm sad for Hoskote and Naina. Travis and Nicole too..

At first i was having a "bad" opinion for Ally and Ashly, but i think both females teams are fantastic! Funny and friendly..

For me, Leo and Jamal are so annoying. :/

Rowan and Shane have ended up being a surprise team! I like it!

I don't like so much that the two first legs are in the same country.

I'm a little angry because Tim and Marie have removed the Express Pass to Travis and Nicole...

I have to say... NICOLE AND TRAVIS FOR THE WIN!!! :)
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline ICONBLEED

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2013, 08:30:15 AM »
Hmmm another Indian descent team eliminated.. seems like they are not dominant in TAR..
as far I know in TARA and TAR they really crash early on the race..
Shunaina and Dimple made it in top 5 the highest they finished..
 :(
Ryan to Abbie
You Spread I'll Pound!!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2013, 08:41:28 AM »
NaNa though <3

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2013, 08:41:59 AM »
NaNa though <3

Best female team since Brooke/Claire!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2013, 08:54:33 AM »
I just rewatch it in better quality and there is something that is bugging me...

When the front of the pack were paragliding from Alto Hospicio, they landed on PLAYA BRAVA, that is why the clue said "Find your partner, they will be paragliding to one of Iquique's beaches and you'll have to be brave to get there" Playa Brava would be something like Brave Beach.

BUT when the back of the pack, Jason, Brandon, Hoskote and Tim landed, they did it on a different beach called PLAYA HUAIQUIQUE. It probably didn't affect the outcome of the race but is really bugging me, specially if the clue said something about Brave Beach.

Also, my house is visible when they were paragliding   :funny:

Maybe the winds changed? ??? You need to go do this!! Those guys will have stories...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2013, 09:59:05 AM »
:)

The editors must like me!  They got me int LAX shots again!   :waves:

:funny:  Will the real Chateau d If please stand up!

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2013, 10:30:02 AM »

:funny:

believe me, all my friends who stalked the teams here wanted to get the same 'editing'..
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ICONBLEED

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2013, 12:23:03 PM »

another disappointing Indian team.. :(
Ryan to Abbie
You Spread I'll Pound!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2013, 12:31:19 PM »

another disappointingED Indian team.. :(

Fixed. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2013, 01:00:52 PM »
I loved that there's 2 Roadblocks, and relatively related to the country. To be frank, I wished they showed more of the paragliding and that the sky was brighter. Would have been a great and epic season opener.

Afghanimals... too noisy for me. Doctors... too compeititve for me... Timarie... too bickering for me...

The ones that really stood out for me = Team Jordin Sparks, Team Baseball Moms/Spidey-Bless-Mom, Team Bingo! and maybe TEAM-WE-NEED-THE-MONEY-AND-REPEAT-THIS-ON-NATIONAL-TV-SO-THAT-THE-PRODUCERS-CAN-MILK-THIS-STORY-OUT-OF-US.

Oh, Team Awkward Childhood friends were quite fun to watch too. :funny:

In all, not too bad a season opener! I'll remember the paragliding at least! I don't even remember who got eliminated first last season or where did teams go to. :funny:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:13:57 PM by Jobby »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »
it was a completely boring episode for me.

Iquique doesn't look that much amazing (sorry) and the teams were zzzz (afghanimals are loved and hated every 5 seconds, travis and nicole though has a potential) and the tasks were ridiculous and very very boring.

meh (just like the last 5 premiere episodes)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »

As for the premiere, I feel like again, the editors push way too much into stuff and guess what results in that, it gets choppy. The airport scenes made this premiere better. I missed seeing teams communicating with each other. Hasn't happened since TAR17.

What are you talking about? IIRC, last season's premiere episode had a ton of airport footage, mostly about the Express Pass alliance though. Heck, they even showed scenes in the shuttle bus in that premiere as well.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »
hey everybody I am new so go easy on me okaay  :waves: :waves: :waves:'

just want to share some thoughts...

the premiere is just MEEH! I am disappointed to say the least. Can't believe they're bringing back the double EP twist.  Can't believe the second flight was 2,5 hours I mean what's up with that !!! There's zero way the back-packers could catch up

And the teams?? :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:
I just HATE the Afghanimals!!! They think they're so cool being loud and funny and cheerful ... it turned out to be soo obnoxious and annoying and like SHUT UP!!! Aligning themselves with the Blondes "Hockey-guys-Country-gilrs"style from last season is just sooo... sad! sad sad sad  :pity

Both F/F teams are very decent. But I doubt any of them will dominate.

The ER doctors are okay. So competitive. They came off a little bit too cocky though.

Marie&Tim are good TV. Although they just can't stop highlighting each other on how Marie is yelling all the time or how Tim is just dumb...but overall I like'em.  :hoot: When Tim was like "Thank god I was paragliding coz I got to get away with her even just for a few minutes" LMAO!!! Glad they got the EP.  :cheer:

And the Oklahoma guys are just so SWEET!!!  :hearts: hearts: hearts:  with their big hearts and their innocence and their pure intention coming into the race... I doubt they went far but hopefully they won a leg or a couple. Seeing them got the boots will be really heartbreaking though .. :(

Team Boston seems like they're gonna be the underdogs-trying-to-take-over. I like'em  :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

the rests, I don't even remember them ... don't blame me!

and what is up with the second RB? two teams ****ed up!!!!! well almost. It would be really funny if they were completely unaware until they reached the pit-stop and incurred  4-hour penalty and be like "WHAA!!! WHAT THE ****, PHIL!!!!"and Phil will be like "NO NO NO, YOU what the ****! what is the matter with you! the clue was in freakin' English you morons."... LOOOL that would be epic!! Amazing race first!!!!  :funny: :funny: :funny:

Overall boring premiere. No shakin' up like last season's premiere when they all got equalized on the second RB
too predictable
the tasks are boring also.

Based on the editing,teams that would go far I think : Afghanimals+Blondes alliance; Doctors; Marie&Tim
Teams I WANT to see go far : Oklahoma guys; Jason&Amy; Marie&Tim (final 3 dream for the season, fingers crossed)

still looking forward for next episodes ...

:<3 :<3 :<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2013, 02:32:03 PM »
 :welcome: to RFF Zachary!! Have fun!  :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2013, 02:38:59 PM »
:welcome: to RFF Zachary!! Have fun!  :waves:

thanks!!! much appreciated!!!!  :ghug:

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2013, 06:04:16 PM »
Just watched the show (really long time waiting for it today - normally would do it like 6 hour earlier). Don't have much opinion yet - Afghanimals for me were annoying in the pre-race footage, in the episode I started to change my mind (still not sure). The rest of the teams don't gave me any distinct feelings so I guess I would need more episodes  :)

Really liked the trick with the roadblocks instructions  :)

Actually the most important is that I can't wait for leg in my country! [hope I'm not breaking any rules by writing it here  ;) but it's just something that keeps staying in the back of my mind this season ;D  :colors]

Relly happy for people who had a chance to see the crew in action this season  :conf: :cheer:. Wish could do it to but still glad to get some insight form inside the race production  :waves:;)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »

I'll never reveal my disguise!   ;)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I was too tired Sunday night to suggest it, but I think an appropriate reference to the type of roadblock we saw with the paragliding (where the chosen team member doing the roadblock had to follow the other team member to the beach) as a reverse roadblock; how that makes sense should be fairly obvious.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I'll never reveal my disguise!   ;)

I'm gonna bet on #3, because she's all like "Pshh, amateurs, I've been stalking them for years"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
Loved the opening of the race. On CBS extras we find Travis & Nicole made a BIG mistake at the beginning, but were able to recoup. The extras on team Bingo were very good, too bad they edit out so much of the team interactions. I love the extras on CBS.com.
Did not like Marie as much as I thought I would, liked the afghanimals more, liked Bingo a lot, like Boston more than I thought I would. No one to dislike yet.
Loved the starting line. Disappointed with the time difference between the two flights.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Time difference was because of a delay on the second flight I think.

I like every team but the first to get on my nerves I think will be the Baseball Wives

Offline Shelact

• RFF Not So Newbie
Here's a link to the second part of the interview with Hoskote and Naina on Reality TV World where Naina explains that the flights were only supposed to be a half hour apart but were delayed.   That is really too bad because a half hour difference is nothing and places could have changed a lot on the second roadblock.   The teams on the second flight could have finished before teams on the first flight.  :gaah:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-hoskote-venkatesh-and-naina-venkatesh-talk-%28part-2%29-15352.php

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Pity really