Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 31769 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 23 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
Collective crying session for Hoskote & Naina to commence in 5 minutes :torche

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: TAR 23 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2013, 08:06:08 PM »
That was an absolutely horrid episode. In every aspect.

Oh Tim & Marie won Express Passes.

The rest was horrid.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2013, 08:13:03 PM »
It was AMAZING apart from the elimination :torche

GO BINGO!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »
Poor Naina, what a sad way to get eliminated.

Also this leg was such a mess for almost everyone, chaos across the board.

But to be honest the roadblocks were tricky to read.

Deliberate act I'd say, and it worked very well :)  :'(

I don't know about that, being a few meters from them was really sad and I didn't know them at all.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »
I really miss teams ripping their first clue to find out their first destination. It's more exciting than finding out your first destination by calling number inside your car or something.

And I don't like the new graphics; it feels too modern for me :lol:

The casts are really trainwrecky :lol:

Overall, it's nice to have a new season of TAR and I hope the season gets better.  :hrt:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2013, 08:19:28 PM »
Hoskote & Naina :torche

I didn't like the leg design too. I don't like first leg thrill legs. The Roadblock was okay. Not a big fan of the new graphics. The first 5 seconds of the intro was cool and I liked the new logo. I didn't like the mix up song.

On the plus, there was great drama with misreading clues. <3 And no Express Pass alliance. <3 I like Travis & Nicole, Tim & Danny, Jason and Amy, and Rowan & Shane (And I wish they had more airtime, they seem really funny!) Something bugs me about the Baseball Wives, they seem scripted, even though I know they aren't.

I just wish we would have a more normal like leg for 1st legs instead of rushed exhilaration tasks.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2013, 08:19:57 PM »
Special thanks to Peach & Xarles for the streams tonight  :hrt:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2013, 08:23:23 PM »

GO BINGO!

No it was all terrible and boring.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2013, 08:24:15 PM »
Disappointing start to Season 23.

I think for a change they should put all 11 teams on the same flight and have less straight-forward tasks.

I would love to see another task like the empanadas in TAR 20, even if it wasn't SO memorable. The Double Roadblocks are getting old..

I don't mind the new graphics. They kinda look better to me :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »

GO BINGO!

No it was all terrible and boring.

:meow:

:funny:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »
I was wondering whether Leo & Jamal and Hoskote & Naina should be given penalty for misreading the Roadblock clue ??? Once you choose to do the Roadblock, you can't change, right?

What do you think?
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »
Here's my critique on the remaining themes:

1. Tim & Marie - they give me Nathan & Jennifer vibes, they could win unless they have a breakdown or they're behind a team who's running a flawless final
2. Nicole & Travis - after losing the Express Passes, I expect them to read every clue carefully and lead for the first few legs, but I think their penalty foreshadows a future critical mistake that will break them like Azaria & Hendekea
3. Rowan & Shane - I fell they'll attract lots of good luck with their optimism, but they will be at a huge disadvantage on a more physical leg.
4. Chester & Ephraim - too early to tell, but I feel a mental challenge or language barrier will be their downfall. Likely to be U-Turned if a smrt team gets ahead of them.
5. Nicky & Kim - I don't think we will see them excelling at anything, and at one point they just won't be able to keep up with the rest of the teams
6. Ally & Ashley - Too early to tell, hopefully they'll serve some Dustin & Kandice or Jaime & Cara realness, though they don't seem very competitive based on this first episode
7. Leo & Jamal - Too erratic. I need to see more of them to make an accurate prediction, but I feel they will make a huge blunder but will be saved by another team's mistake.
8. Jason & Amy - given the chance, I think they could perform quite well and surprise everyone else. However, they could be in danger of elimination before the next bunching.
9. Tim & Danny - They look like they could get the work done, but I think they will be defeated by cultural shock and having to face unfamiliar situations.
10. Brandon & Adam - They somehow seem like one of the slowest teams remaining, they say they're competitive but I just didn't see it this episode.

My prediction is that Tim & Marie will give the Express Pass to either Rowan & Shane or one of the F/F teams
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2013, 08:41:32 PM »
I was wondering whether Leo & Jamal and Hoskote & Naina should be given penalty for misreading the Roadblock clue ??? Once you choose to do the Roadblock, you can't change, right?

What do you think?
The clue already specified who had to do the Roadblock, there was no choice involved, they just misread the directions but corrected their mistakes
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
Hopefully Rowan and Shane Danooky  :yess:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »

What do you think?

I read somewhere that in TAR21 Amy & Daniel swapped on the Fallopian Tubes RB, but it was edited out.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
Now, there's one thing bothering me. Previously when teams took the wrong form of transportation to the Pit Stop, Phil would just tell them to go back and do the right thing (except the first time with Heather & Eve in S3). Why did Phil immediately penalize Nicole & Travis instead of telling them to go back to the pier? Did the rules change or was there an unedited task between the pier and the check-in?
The story so far:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2013, 08:49:40 PM »
Maybe the didn't want other teams to figure out that you have to make your way on foot. And IIRC didn't Kent and Vyxsin in TAR18 take a taxi to the Pit Stop but were penalized 30 mintues? Maybe there was a rule change a while back?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »
The first roadblock, "Follow the Leader" was the riding in the taxi, not the paragliding. Similar to the skydiving in what.......TAR 20. Sort of a reverse task. You get the teammate not expecting to do the paragliding having to do the paragliding......lol Tricky directions.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2013, 08:55:58 PM »
I can confirm there was no task between Roadblock and the Pitstop.

Also they were really close locations, 3 or 4 blocks from each other.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2013, 09:38:24 PM »
Why so much opening credits hate? I loved the new graphics and music (still don't like the standing scenes of teams). It is far better than that TAR18-22 bland concept.

As for the premiere, I feel like again, the editors push way too much into stuff and guess what results in that, it gets choppy. The airport scenes made this premiere better. I missed seeing teams communicating with each other. Hasn't happened since TAR17.

The tasks were sub-par on an obsessive fan standpoint. The paragliding & find task is basically a rehash of TAR20's skydive & find. Fail for originality. The second Roadblock looked challenging and the Double Roadblocks confused a couple teams, but was pretty dull.

Travis & Big-Eyed Nicole's penalty was pretty disappointing. :( I'll hope for the best that Tim & Marie will hand the stupid Express Passes to Team Bingo or Team Oklahoma.

Hoskote & Naina... I really thought they would be another Ronald & Christina charm...
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2013, 11:18:59 PM »

The rest was horrid.

LOL were we watching the same episode  :funny:? I thought this was one of the better premier episodes.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2013, 11:20:55 PM »

The rest was horrid.

LOL were we watching the same episode  :funny:? I thought this was one of the better premier episodes.
Agreed. This was a very good episode! :hrt:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2013, 11:24:09 PM »
I just remembered the best part of the premier: I DON'T HATE ANY TEAMS YET!!!  :cheer:
All teams were likeable or had some type of redeeming quality to them!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2013, 11:39:42 PM »
 :)

The editors must like me!  They got me int LAX shots again!   :waves:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2013, 12:25:58 AM »
I just rewatch it in better quality and there is something that is bugging me...

When the front of the pack were paragliding from Alto Hospicio, they landed on PLAYA BRAVA, that is why the clue said "Find your partner, they will be paragliding to one of Iquique's beaches and you'll have to be brave to get there" Playa Brava would be something like Brave Beach.

BUT when the back of the pack, Jason, Brandon, Hoskote and Tim landed, they did it on a different beach called PLAYA HUAIQUIQUE. It probably didn't affect the outcome of the race but is really bugging me, specially if the clue said something about Brave Beach.

Also, my house is visible when they were paragliding   :funny: