Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

TAR 23 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**

<< < (27/28) > >>

Vitoko:

--- Quote from: maf on October 04, 2013, 02:02:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: Vitoko on September 30, 2013, 12:25:58 AM ---I just rewatch it in better quality and there is something that is bugging me...

When the front of the pack were paragliding from Alto Hospicio, they landed on PLAYA BRAVA, that is why the clue said "Find your partner, they will be paragliding to one of Iquique's beaches and you'll have to be brave to get there" Playa Brava would be something like Brave Beach.

BUT when the back of the pack, Jason, Brandon, Hoskote and Tim landed, they did it on a different beach called PLAYA HUAIQUIQUE. It probably didn't affect the outcome of the race but is really bugging me, specially if the clue said something about Brave Beach.

--- End quote ---

The second batch of teams got a different clue which told them to go to Huaiquique beach.

/MaF

--- End quote ---

Are you sure? I was wondering because I could tell the back of the pack did the paragliding with a different company than the first one. Maybe the second company had Huaiquique Beach as a usual landing spot.

maf:

--- Quote from: Vitoko on October 04, 2013, 06:50:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Vitoko on September 30, 2013, 12:25:58 AM ---I just rewatch it in better quality and there is something that is bugging me...

When the front of the pack were paragliding from Alto Hospicio, they landed on PLAYA BRAVA, that is why the clue said "Find your partner, they will be paragliding to one of Iquique's beaches and you'll have to be brave to get there" Playa Brava would be something like Brave Beach.

BUT when the back of the pack, Jason, Brandon, Hoskote and Tim landed, they did it on a different beach called PLAYA HUAIQUIQUE. It probably didn't affect the outcome of the race but is really bugging me, specially if the clue said something about Brave Beach.

--- End quote ---

The second batch of teams got a different clue which told them to go to Huaiquique beach.

/MaF

--- End quote ---

Are you sure? I was wondering because I could tell the back of the pack did the paragliding with a different company than the first one. Maybe the second company had Huaiquique Beach as a usual landing spot.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure, both clues are shown in the episode.

Vitoko:

--- Quote from: maf on October 04, 2013, 06:57:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: Vitoko on October 04, 2013, 06:50:58 AM ---

--- End quote ---

/MaF

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure, both clues are shown in the episode.

--- End quote ---

OH! Didn't notice it, I'll check later I guess, thank you, such a minor detail was messing with my mind for some reason.

theschnauzers:
The idea of having to use a different company and a different landing spot for the same roadblock task is unusual. I don't recall ever hearing or seeing something like that before. Which makes the fact that we were shown the different information even more unusual.

Vitoko:

/MaF

--- End quote ---

Clue shown when Brandon&Adam were on-screen
You were right, they were directly sent to Huaiquique Beach.
This is a little bit weird.

--- Quote from: theschnauzers on October 04, 2013, 04:30:41 PM ---The idea of having to use a different company and a different landing spot for the same roadblock task is unusual. I don't recall ever hearing or seeing something like that before. Which makes the fact that we were shown the different information even more unusual.

--- End quote ---

I can confirm there were at least 2 paragliding companies, one was OASISFLY, this was tweeted that day:

--- Quote from: Alanaveda ---Carlos Velasquez G ‏@carlevg 3min

@leslie_vega_ Es Amazing Race ....con un hermetismo tal, que @oasisfly no contesta el telefono

Is TAR, with such secrecy than @oasisfly doesn't answer the phone.

Oasisfly is a paragliding company.
--- End quote ---

They were involved in the front of the pack. (Trust me on this one)

Then we have "Parapente Ikike" or "Parapente Iquique" I think they are related,  their websites have the same pics and the same description, "El latigo" is the nickname of one of their pilots and is seen in the back of the pack... not sure if there is more than that... the landing spot is still a mystery to me...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version