Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 2 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 24635 times)

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Nicky & Kim <3
Tim & Marie <333
Jason & Amy <33333

All have grown more on me after this episode! :luvya:

Afghans are too "bickery" for two men. :res:

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
I really enjoyed watching the episode.
Marie is like a waayyyy meaner version of Jen Parker :lol: :hrt:
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Brandon & Adam circle around the mat a few times. :lol:

and spank Phil's but... :lol:

Anyway, just finished watching on AXN-Asia (this morning live stream's not working for me :( )

I'd like to give some comments on this leg,

First of all, I love how this leg run!
From the design point of view, the first task to solve the riddle at the beginning of the leg is soo me! I wish they keep doing this once every 3/4 legs to figure out their next destination..

The detour location was amazing..!
I never thought before, that salt could be mined..all this time I only think that salt was filtered and processed from the sea-water.. :lol:
the detour task is ok, I love the brining one (not because all the girls were wearing bikinis..no, I'm not Leo :P ) , only the reading newspaper stuff is not really fit.. It will be much much better if while they floating and enjoying the bath tub, they must eat a local delicacy or some cookies.. It will create a different sense I guess..

The mid-travel by bus seems like Bangkok 2.0 TAR19,
only they did it better this time by doing RB instead of just feeding the fish frenzy..

The RB is just so-so, not bad, but yeah,
we have seen shoe-shining task, especially in Turkey, good thing this time they try to manuever it a little with the local culture by packing those racks.. Need a good organizing skill and not-too-hurry-and-panic condition so that the rack won't messed up or fell down..

As for the Pit Stop, they killed it, especially for the second group arrival..
Too bad they couldn't enjoy the view, and yet the Mat was moved from the wooden-bridge to the entrance of the park.. It just seemed not right to have a pit stop at national wild park at night.. too cold too dark to realize..

But overall, it was that little drama performed by the last group that attract audience's comments and makes this episode another win.. :)
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
LOVED the episode. Usually leg 2 is the most boring out of a season, this one was very dramatic even though it was an exact replica design-wise of a leg in Argentina a couple of seasons before.

The budget was very close to $600. Was it the largest budget yet for a leg?

Offline IvarG

• RFF Not So Newbie
LOVED the episode. Usually leg 2 is the most boring out of a season, this one was very dramatic even though it was an exact replica design-wise of a leg in Argentina a couple of seasons before.

If I remember right, teams have to pay for their own bus fare (only plane fares go on the race credit card) and I gotta imagine that 26 hour bus trip is not cheap.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1

If I remember right, teams have to pay for their own bus fare (only plane fares go on the race credit card) and I gotta imagine that 26 hour bus trip is not cheap.

4 tickets from Iquique to Santiago is around $300 and Santiago to Cascada de Animas is around $80

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
There was a team that got eliminated, and Bingo was their name-o. B-I-N-G-Out! B-I-N-G-Out! B-I-N-G-Out! And Bingo was their name-o.

Seriously, they basically made every mistake possible in TAR book. When I heard one of them say something like, "I don't want to talk, you're using my air", I knew that they would not last much longer. They seem like nice guys, but the race was just too much for them. As much as they want to blame the she-devil, they have only themselves to blame.

So far, I am liking the football players, and Brandon & Adam. I am not a fan of the AfganAnimals or the she-devil (who annoys me the same way as DisGrace), who just seems to enjoy danging that 2nd Express Pass in front of everyone. The others, still have to wait and see.

But wow, with the AfganAnimals, with the meltdown at the mat. Still, I was glad that they did not come 1st at the mat. Enough already with the ice girls being their wives.

The doctors in this season, are reminding me of the doctors of the Canadian edition. Funny how Nicole was telling Marie that it was her 40th birthday, hoping for the 2nd Express Pass. Like she would.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
I don't really like baseball but I hope they screw Marie over in the next leg so the EP holder will change  :funny:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
I only watched it a few hours ago :(