Archive > TAR Canada

TAR Canada - Season 2 gets the green light!

(1/8) > >>

walkingpneumonia:
CTV Orders Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA                                      

– Canada’s most-watched program of the summer and the #2 program of the entire broadcast year greenlit for second season –
– Season 2 auditions opening later this fall –

http://www.ctv.ca/theamazingracecanada/newseason.aspx

I would guess the ratings had something to do with the renewal...

--- Quote ---Canada’s most-watched program of the summer and the #2 program of the entire broadcast year, the blockbuster, record-breaking, fan-favourite THE AMAZING RACE CANADA raced ahead of the pack with an average audience of 3.3 million viewers each week. The smash-hit, original series vaulted into the record books earlier this summer as the biggest debut on record for a series in Canada (3.5 million viewers), and has kept pace ever since.
--- End quote ---

Will they go outside of Canada? My guess is they will, but to countries and locations that have some sort of cultural attachment to Canada and that Air Canada flies to directly and frequently.

Leafsfan.:
I think they haven't decided, because they haven't said if it will be Canadian or International travel like they did with the first press releases for the first season.

Edit
Now if we could get a Canadian Survivor  :lol:

tarflyonthewall:
You know what would be awesome? Treating the show like Survivor or The Mole and doing each season in a different country/region. Like if this season was "the Canada season", next season could be "the Mediterranean season" or "the Central American season". It'd be an easy way to make the show feel fresh each season (if they keep it Canada-only it'll get repetitive by season three, as China Rush has shown), but it'll still be small-scale enough to keep costs down as needed. And Air Canada's a member of the Star Alliance group of airlines, so in addition to its own routes they're affiliated with (among others) Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Thai Airways, and United, which opens up the possibilities enormously.

Air:

--- Quote from: tarflyonthewall on September 18, 2013, 04:42:03 AM ---You know what would be awesome? Treating the show like Survivor or The Mole and doing each season in a different country/region. Like if this season was "the Canada season", next season could be "the Mediterranean season" or "the Central American season". It'd be an easy way to make the show feel fresh each season (if they keep it Canada-only it'll get repetitive by season three, as China Rush has shown), but it'll still be small-scale enough to keep costs down as needed. And Air Canada's a member of the Star Alliance group of airlines, so in addition to its own routes they're affiliated with (among others) Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Thai Airways, and United, which opens up the possibilities enormously.

--- End quote ---

I don't think Star Alliance would trouble itself with a reality TV show, honestly.

stekay:
 :wohoo: :wohoo:

I think they will stay in Canada, but maybe cross the border for 2 pit stops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version