Author Topic: TARcanada 1 LIVE SHOW Discussion! Ep 9 9/9 @ 9PM!  (Read 12862 times)

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
Re: TARcanada LIVE SHOW Discussion! Ep 9 9/9 @ 9PM!
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 07:15:46 PM »
For last three teams, all teams will make a great winning. Tims might be the first Father & Son to win. The Brothers could be the First Handicapped to win. And if the sisters wins, the first F-F team to win the first season is great thing, too. However, personally, I don't like Tims (the road they came to an end are full of luck). So Brothers and Sisters, way to go.

Basically, it's Family Edition done right.  :)

I am relieved that it won't be all males in the final 3.

And I almost want to say that females had the advantage in this Roadblock, with the way Celina finished faster than anyone else. But I don't think the other female racers would have had nearly as much luck.

Sucks that Dave & Jet got eliminated. They were fun to watch, and I would have rather seen them than the Tims.

I won't mind if either Jody & Cory or Celina & Vanessa win this race. Now that I say that, the Tims will end up winning it all.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
What are you talking about in Family Edition? The winning team is Brothers and Sister, not Father/Mother and Children and no handicapped person between them

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 08:12:42 PM »
What are you talking about in Family Edition? The winning team is Brothers and Sister, not Father/Mother and Children and no handicapped person between them

I was joking around a bit. It was just a play on the fact that all teams in the final 3 are family teams, in the regular format.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:16:21 PM by WalterC »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 08:26:18 PM »
Will we have our first ever parent/child winners? Hope so, but GO VELINA  :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 03:11:45 AM »
Quite funny that a 'family'/blood-related team didn't win the US edition until TAR13 (Excluding TAR8) but TARCan gets it on Season 1 regardless what happens. :P
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »
When really thinking about the performance of family teams in the US edition...

Between TAR1 and All-Stars, only 3 family teams made it to the final 3 in the regular format, and none of them finished higher than 3rd. Not sure how far behind Ken & Gerard were behind the other 2 teams in TAR3, but the other 2 seemed to have finished a distant 3rd. Or it looked that way!

Then there was a spike in family teams making it to the final 3, from TAR12 to Unfinished Business, with every season except TAR17 having at least one, and 3 of those seasons resulted in one of them winning. Also, "Family Edition done right" was almost a reality in the latter half of TAR14, with 5 out of the 6 remaining teams being all family teams. After Unfinished Business, it has nosedived, going back to the pre-All-Stars era, with only 1 (though they did win).

Also, Nancy & Emily finished 5th in TAR1, which ended up being farthest placement ever for a parent/child team until TAR12 (when one finally made it to the final 3). Up until then, no other parent/child team were able to match it, and almost all of them did not even come close. Even after All-Stars, history has still not been kind to this type of team, with only 3 so far. Though 2 of them, came so close to winning. Maybe this is why the show has been reluctant to cast more grandparent/ grandchild teams.

*None of this is meant to be an argument against anyone. It's just that I find it all of this, really fascinating. Probably because if I was ever decided to enter TAR, it would definitely be with a family member (like a parent or sibling).

Getting back to the Canadian edition...

Celina & Vanessa and the Tims are those teams that keep on going, like the Energizer bunny. I kept thinking through most of this race, that they are next time to be eliminated. And not only is there all family teams in the final 3, but this has to be a first where 2 of the teams in the final 3, have not won a single leg so far.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:53:16 AM by WalterC »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 09:24:22 AM »
Wow that's never happened in the US version, just went through all the seasons. Good spot Walter

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »
I think the roadblock clue said they must use an instrument or something from the store. But Jody use his story to collect money (no penalty given). of course people would give him a lot of money. It's not fair because Dave & Tim sr. struggled. in leg 8 Jody also checked in without his bag (also no penalty), while Vanessa & Celina must go back to take their bags in previous episode. So sad Jet & Dave were eliminated, but i'm happy the sisters made it to the final. i hope they win.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
I think the roadblock clue said they must use an instrument or something from the store. But Jody use his story to collect money (no penalty given). of course people would give him a lot of money. It's not fair because Dave & Tim sr. struggled. in leg 8 Jody also checked in without his bag (also no penalty), while Vanessa & Celina must go back to take their bags in previous episode. So sad Jet & Dave were eliminated, but i'm happy the sisters made it to the final. i hope they win.
1. The Roadblock only required the teams to pick up the things they NEEDED to earn the money and IIRC, Jody picked up a tamborine, but just didn't use it. They had the freedom to choose whether to use an object or not.
2. About the bags, if the bags can't be seen from the mat, you have to get it back, but if it can be seen in plain sight from the mat, it's allowed.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
2. About the bags, if the bags can't be seen from the mat, you have to get it back, but if it can be seen in plain sight from the mat, it's allowed.

Jody's bag can't be seen in plain sight from the mat. He left it at the airport. i don't understand. the rules is confusing

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »
It's also rather interesting to note that the three teams in the Final Three all got sympathy edits in their Episode 1 intros, with the Tims parkinsons, Jody's legs and Velina's mother. Kinda coincidental that the three sympathy edits all made it to the end! :P
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2013, 10:25:47 PM »
Maxy said that too :lol:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 12:57:50 AM »

Jody's bag can't be seen in plain sight from the mat. He left it at the airport. i don't understand. the rules is confusing

From that time, it is considered that Jody has no bag. So he does not need to bring the bag to the Pit stop.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 04:54:56 AM »
Like the old NEL penalty when they took all possessions, no bag needed to be seen.

Also if Velina win it'd be a stunning comeback! Though they've never slipped below 5th which is the best all teams this season!!

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »
Though they've never slipped below 5th which is the best all teams this season!!

Well that's just embarrassing for the entire cast

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 07:24:57 AM »
Though they've never slipped below 5th which is the best all teams this season!!

Well that's just embarrassing for the entire cast

Kind of, but they've been consistent.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 07:39:05 AM »

I saw that, the same way as what Steve & Allie did in TAR16, when they left their backpacks behind and continued racing without them, into the next leg.

Maybe it comes down to the difference between voluntarily leaving the bags behind, knowing fully well that they will not have them for the rest of the race, and "involuntarily" dropping the bags to run to the mat, not really thinking it through. Hard to say though.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »

I think the rule is actually that if they wanted to be checked in AND keep their bags, Jon had to see them. Since Jody & Cory had no intention of keeping that bag they could check in.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2013, 09:12:04 AM »
You could start the race with a schoolbag full of clothes etc or a 5 cases if you want, you just have to carry it around. So you can have as much or as little as you want.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
Sad to see Jet & dave go, but now I really want Jody & Cory to win it all!
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona