Author Topic: When Hate For A HG Goes Too Far.  (Read 3993 times)

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
When Hate For A HG Goes Too Far.
« on: September 01, 2013, 01:07:33 AM »
Reality Fan Forum Members & Guests:

As you know encourage open discussion here on our forums within some limitations.  We do not encourage personal attacks on HGs or their family members.  Sadly, some "fans" of the Big Brother, have taken to posting very insensitive comments, and terrible comments on Elissa and Brent's wedding guestbook website.  As you know we do not condone this behavior and as such, I will not post a link here, but if you google it you can find it.

People have taken to posting hateful thinks on members of Amanda's and Aaryn's family Facebook at twitter accounts as well.  Again, I will not post links here. 

Remember it's just a game people.    We all have HGs we do and don't like, and we all will voice out our opinions but there are right ways and wrong ways to do it. And destroying someone's wedding website with comments such as the ones posted, its downright hateful and mean.  Attacking someone's family for actions of the person is personal and wrong.  Please remember we are all human, and we all deserve to be treated with respect.

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:21:21 AM by HurricaneHowieWood »
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
Re: When Hate For A HG Goes Too Far.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 01:33:29 AM »
Well said Howie.  It is a game, and we do not know any of these people and that kind of action is just as wrong as what people complain about

Offline onthecusp

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 07:40:30 AM »
Some of the HGs have made a mess of their reputations/lives all on their own and will have to rectify any damage done on their own. They don't need any help from us.

I signed up at this web site after perusing many (some I am an old member on but no longer visit) as an outlet to blow off a little steam at this debauchery of a show and see how others felt because of its' kinder nature with no apparent hateful or at least the use of polite bashing.

This site is phenomenal in its' ease to navigate, options offered and its' tireless updating by hilariously funny and dedicated mods.

Well done ya'll!

Now let's all play nice with the other kids....

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 09:19:45 AM »
I just want to clear up that this is not in response to any posting on our website.  Everyone this season has keep their posting pretty well clean and free of hate speech.  It was more of a post to just call attention to how some people take things way to far.  To ruin someone's wedding website & to attack a person's family is personal and not game related.  It just is amazing that some people do not understand Big Brother is a game. 

Offline hithere86

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
I agree it's just a game, and there's far more than 2 people who have made unpleasant comments in the house this year, including most of those left in there.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »
Some of the HGs have made a mess of their reputations/lives all on their own and will have to rectify any damage done on their own. They don't need any help from us.

I signed up at this web site after perusing many (some I am an old member on but no longer visit) as an outlet to blow off a little steam at this debauchery of a show and see how others felt because of its' kinder nature with no apparent hateful or at least the use of polite bashing.

This site is phenomenal in its' ease to navigate, options offered and its' tireless updating by hilariously funny and dedicated mods.

Well done ya'll!

Now let's all play nice with the other kids....

Thanks for the nice words OTC. We're glad you joined us! I came here like you. I had been on another site where there was a creep who would insult other posters and when it happened to me for making what was an innocuous comment and not defended I gave up that site. Then I found RFF and found my home.  Plus I loved the smileys!  :funny:

I pity these delusional people when they get back to the real world. They have forgotten that on the feeds they can and will seen and people will note and comment on whatever stupid, disgusting thing they do or say. But that doesn't mean that their families should be targeted. It's been a policy here that we don't do that. 

I can't fathom why someone would want to destroy someone's wedding site, what kind of hatred must you possess to do something so mean.  :umn:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline onthecusp

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »
I can't fathom why either TL.

Some people just go too far and you're right. Anything personal outside of the show or a friendly board is uncalled for.

It's scary....the things that you hear!

I'm sorry for Elissa when she finds out how her site was sabotaged.

Thankyou for the welcome! This is a pleasant 'Troll free' place to visit.

Offline RyanXDm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 09:05:38 PM »
What is her (Elissa's) website? I want to see it!

Offline onthecusp

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 10:50:27 AM »
I have no idea Ryan. Maybe Google? It must be a public site otherwise no one could post on it. Or so I would think. I avoid making anything public info. There is too much out there easily assessable to begin with.

We need a 'lips are sealed' smiley.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 11:17:35 AM »
OTC, I LOVE our smileys. We have this one :-X 

: - X with no spaces.

Probably best not to give out the URL and it might have been made private by now. At least I hope it's been cleaned up and with limited access now.

Offline onthecusp

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »
:-X

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
OTC, I LOVE our smileys. We have this one :-X 

: - X with no spaces.

Probably best not to give out the URL and it might have been made private by now. At least I hope it's been cleaned up and with limited access now.

TL, I can say it's still public as of today. 

But I stand behind my decision not to release the URL, because of the HGs right to privacy and some of the things that have been said. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 04:35:27 PM »
I'm glad you didn't post the URL. Thanks Howie!  :luvya: