Author Topic: TAR 23: Travis Jasper & Nicole Jasper "Married - ER Physicians"  (Read 53001 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: Travis Jasper & Nicole Jasper "Married - ER Physicians"
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
I'm probably not going to say anything new, but still... They were one of my favourites early on, an interesting & competitive team, but I just couldn't stand Travis for his behaviour towards Nicole in the past few legs. As somebody already said above, good Lord they came third!  :cmaslol I was actually rooting for the Afghanimals to make final 3 (but not win pls!) in Tokyo, although I couldn't stand them for the first half of the race  :cmas27

What I'm really hoping for, is that Travis sees his flaws after watching the season and really starts to treat Nicole better :cmas26 I usually like those so called 'bickering couples' in the race, because they really bring something into the race, maybe make it more intense or so, but I don't ever want to see a Jonathan & Victoria 2.0 or in this case, a Travis & Nicole 2.0... I just felt sad for Nicole and she didn't even say anything back to Travis... just kept crying all the time :cmas4

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2013, 02:15:35 PM »
My favorites too but good lord, the way he treated her the last few legs was terrible! I was yelling at the television.. If you could have done it better, why didn't you!

As someone pointed out to me, Nichole pulled herself up the ice with only one ice pick. That must have taken immense will power to keep going to make it to the top. I found myself wishing he would have given her encouragement, telling her she could do it to help her calm down.

I didn't mind them not helping Marie with the eggs. She certainly never helped them.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2013, 02:39:38 PM »
I don't mind them not telling Marie about the eggs, but Travis & Jason telling Jamal to lie to Marie when their beef with the afganimals was that the boys are liars was very hypocritical.  Making others do their dirty work for them but still preaching about running a 'clean' race  =  :cmas11

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2013, 11:09:32 PM »
Travis acted like a spoiled brat. He said something about how well they did until the last 4 roadblocks, putting the blame on Nicole(you are a team-remember). Nicole was apologizing and he was mean spirited. Will the children ask why did Daddy make Mommy cry?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2013, 08:18:05 AM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1001657/

Elimination Interview: Travis and Nicole

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 06:15pm

Nicole and Travis came in third on The Amazing Race! Read what they had to say about their time on the Race and if they would change anything about their experience!

Cindy G: What country was the nicest? What country would you go back and visit again?
Travis:
I thought that Lisbon, Portugal with the castle and the view was gorgeous. Nicole and I both agreed that we were most surprised with how beautiful it was in Poland with the beach. Truthfully, I would go back to all of them if I could.

Patricia S: Why was it such a big deal that the cousins lied when it didnt affect you at all? I know you don't like liars but it had nothing to do with you, just run your race.
Travis:
I think you have a good point that it did not affect our Race at all. What bothered us is that we feel the Race is also about relationships. We were not there to make friends but a part of any good relationship is being honest and sincere.

Alejandro C: Travis, Why are you so hard on your wife, I think she is trying her best.
Travis:
You know, you have to know our relationship. Nicole is like a power wife at home and actually very dominant in our relationship. Part of it was that this was the first time she was in a position where she had to listen to me. It was more a teaching moment for me and the rest of it was frustration because I don't like to lose. I was utterly surprised to see her struggle. As hard as I can be I am probably more supportive and that is the part that is usually in private.

Brock P: What was the hardest roadblock for each team?
Travis:
Nicole was the most frustrated with the angklung. Some of the most challenging things were the ones we did together.

Paloma P: What did you learn about yourself, and about your partner?
Travis:
First, I learned that she is actually human and has some flaws. In recognizing that I realize she is much more talented than most people. For me, I learned that an exercise in humility is not enough when it comes to patience, supporting and understanding.

Kathy S: If you could go back and change one part of the Race - what part would it be?
Travis:
If I could change one thing I would probably do the angklung. If I could have done that I think it would have changed Nicole's confidence. I think that was a defining moment.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2013, 08:27:55 AM »
Why only Travis answered the questions? Did he think Nicole would need Amy to answer those, too?  :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 23: Travis Jasper & Nicole Jasper "Married - ER Physicians"
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2014, 09:51:22 AM »
Wow. I hate Travis. Hate, I'm using such a strong word. Half the time when he whined about Nicole, I was flipping him off through the screen. :res:

TARP_Lover

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »
This team is basically my TARUS equivalent of Joseph & Grace  :funny:

I really loved them, but after a certain leg, they just kind of became the worst team remaining in the Race. Too bad they weren't eliminated in Indonesia/Japan. :res:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2014, 08:22:01 PM »
This team is basically my TARUS equivalent of Joseph & Grace  :funny:

I really loved them, but after a certain leg, they just kind of became the worst team remaining in the Race. Too bad they weren't eliminated in Indonesia/Japan. :res:
I see that.

Thank goodness Joe and Grace were booted in China.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:58:03 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2014, 04:55:35 AM »
OMG, the interview is all about "how bad did Nicole do the Anklung RB"? Are you serious, Travis? Joab, I also do, I hate that behaviour. It is true they were a good team, but not a good team under pressure who behaves correctly. Travis, you are a team, you have to be together, because you are not only a team for the f race, but for the whole life. If you were by my side while I was reading that humiliating interview I would have hit you twice a second, hands down. Hope this is the last thing I have to speak about this racer.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2014, 09:03:46 AM »
I think Nicole deserves better honestly.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »
The first four episodes, I thought they were fine - not my favorite team, but a competitive one and well balanced. After that, Travis just turned into a total  :gaah:  (:;)

Nicole definitely deserved better - I mean yeah, maybe she's more dominant in the relationship elsewhere, because Travis definitely seems like the workaholic type who forgets how to be a compassionate human being in the household, but seriously the final leg was completely linear. Unless you're going to sprint across slippery ice like maniacs and risk hurting yourself in all that snow, you were never gonna catch up even if Nicole only took a few tries to get the flour bag.

So angry Afghanimals weren't among the finals instead of these two, even if Jay/Amy would have still won.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2014, 06:05:13 PM »
They were my favorite team in the 1st few episodes, but when Indonesia, I really started to dislike both of them, more Travis than Nicole. I just wish Travis treated Nicole with more respect.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2014, 09:50:54 PM »
Travis & Nicole pre Indonesia were absolute stars but after Leg 9 they were very ugh and :/ inducing and it wasn't fun to watch anymore.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2014, 02:06:35 AM »
Travis & Nicole pre Indonesia were absolute stars but after Leg 9 they TRAVIS were very ugh and :/ inducing and it wasn't fun to watch anymore.

Fixed  :<3

:lol:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2014, 02:20:13 AM »
Travis really wasn't that bad before Indonesia, I quite liked him.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2014, 03:06:34 AM »

Rly? All I remember from him is "NICOLE LETS GO LETS GO NICOLE WE NEED THIS YOU GOT THIS"

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2014, 03:07:18 AM »

Define bad.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2014, 03:15:24 AM »

Rly? All I remember from him is "NICOLE LETS GO LETS GO NICOLE WE NEED THIS YOU GOT THIS"

He was with Nicole, Nicole was great TV throughout the entire season and it rubbed off on him.

Define bad.

He didn't do anything wrong until Indonesia so...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2014, 09:37:37 AM »
Travis is just another Art and JJ. When they do well on each leg, they celebrate and it's all their combined effort. When they crash and burn on other legs, it's always each other's fault or the other teams' fault (Leo and Jamal lying).

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
Travis & Nicole pre Indonesia were absolute stars but after Leg 9 they TRAVIS were very ugh and :/ inducing and it wasn't fun to watch anymore.

Um, yes Travis was all mean to Nicole during that last few legs, but I didn't like Nicole either because she was trying to cheat after thinking that Leo and Jamal were lying and that's not right for them to do that. I didn't like either of them. Travis was just the worse of the two.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »

Um, yes Travis was all mean to Nicole during that last few legs, but I didn't like Nicole either because she was trying to cheat after thinking that Leo and Jamal were lying and that's not right for them to do that. I didn't like either of them. Travis was just the worse of the two.
If Travis didn't behave the way he did towards Nicole, I think we would just be disappointed by the downfall of this TEAM and by the wrong choices this TEAM made. But now you just gotta feel for Nicole for having such a 'teammate'...

That's what I think :<3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2014, 08:41:34 PM »
And I only started liking this team because of Nicole's "I WANT YOUR EXPRESS PASS" incident. Most of us hated Marie and was blinded by the equally bad taste of move as well. This I'm guilty of.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2014, 09:04:05 PM »
Marie <33333

I liked Nicole at that instance DESPITE the fact I loved Marie <3333

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2014, 04:52:38 AM »
And I only started liking this team because of Nicole's "I WANT YOUR EXPRESS PASS" incident. Most of us hated Marie and was blinded by the equally bad taste of move as well. This I'm guilty of.

The move was quite strategic in hindsight, but I do agree it was in bad taste. And it was of no benefit to either team, as Tim & Marie ended up following the Afghanimals (think it was them) to the pit stop.