Author Topic: TAR 23:Timothy Sweeney & Marie “Reebs” Mazzocchi "EXes"  (Read 80945 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 23:Timothy Sweeney & Marie “Reebs” Mazzocchi "EXes"
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:44:42 AM »
Tim and Marie  

Tim and Marie     

Name: Timothy Sweeney
Hometown: Morristown, N.J.
Connection to your teammate: Exes
Current occupation: Sports Marketing
Describe what you do: Work with large brands to extend traditional sports sponsorships online using social and emerging media.
3 words to describe you: Calculated, witty and flirtatious.
Favorite hobbies: Golf, writing and music (I play guitar).
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Was drafted by the Washington Nationals to play professional baseball (2002).
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Jimmy Fallon - funny, talented, light hearted and he’s not afraid to laugh at himself.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Mix of Jillian Michaels and Paris Hilton – she’s a workout freak, athletic, aggressive, a socialite, likes Chihuahuas, Starbucks and is manipulative.
What scares you most about traveling? Not being able to communicate. Language barriers.
What excites you most about traveling? It makes you smarter, more cultured and getting to experience new places, people, food, etc.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I would like us to be able to communicate what’s best for each other as an “us.” Sometimes we lose focus on what’s best, to simply be right individually.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Many times she loses perspective, forgets the big picture and becomes obsessed with being right, rather than solving the problem. And she thinks being the loudest makes her right.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Anywhere that I wouldn’t normally think to go or want to go. Maybe see the pyramids, drop into a rainforest or secluded island.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Learn how to work together. When we aren’t dating everything is amazing, but as soon as we commit and decisions have to be made together, TROUBLE!

Name: Marie “Reebs” Mazzocchi
Hometown: Morristown, N.J.
Connection to your teammate: Exes
Current occupation: Fitness Trainer/Gym Owner
Describe what you do: Kickboxing instructor/personal trainer 3 words to describe you: Impulsive, energetic and impatient.
Favorite hobbies: Going to the gym, watching and playing sports and drawing.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? There isn't one specific thing that stands out to me. I like to go after things where the odds are stacked against you. Victory is a lot sweeter when the challenge is greater.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kristin Cavallari - (is she even still famous?) she doesn’t care what anyone thinks, does what she wants when she wants.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Ryan Lochte, because he's in love with himself.
What scares you most about traveling? Being helpless in an environment where I don’t speak the language/cleanliness - I’m a total germaphobe.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing different places and cultures. I’ve never been outside the U.S.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Neither one of us actually listens to one another - we both just yell at the same time trying to be right and walk away…nothing ever gets resolved.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He always has to be right, even when he knows he’s wrong. He justifies anything and creates an argument out of anything and everything.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? A rainforest and/or any country or place with exotic animals!
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks?): We both love competition. For us this race is more about winning than money.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:01:03 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Timothy Sweeney & Marie “Reebs” Mazzocchi "EXes"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:44:55 AM »

Tim and Marie

Ex-Couple Tim Sweeney (left) and Marie Mazzocchi (right). Photo: Cliff Lipson/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:14:50 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »
Saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: Timothy Sweeney & Marie “Reebs” Mazzocchi "Formerly Dating"
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 09:42:21 PM »
Interesting. This team seems like a team with a lot of potential to argue and bicker, if their answers to some of the questions are any indication:

Name: Timothy Sweeney
Pet peeve about your teammate: Many times she loses perspective, forgets the big picture and becomes obsessed with being right, rather than solving the problem. And she thinks being the loudest makes her right.

Name: Marie “Reebs” Mazzocchi

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Neither one of us actually listens to one another - we both just yell at the same time trying to be right and walk away…nothing ever gets resolved.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He always has to be right, even when he knows he’s wrong. He justifies anything and creates an argument out of anything and everything.

I also could easily see them as the "villains." They seem overconfident, and are definitely in it to win it. I think the other teams could pretty easily feel justified in targeting them.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:45:43 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »

Same thoughts with you, Hooky. That was what came to my mind when I read that.

Not a team that I think I'll like, but I'm keeping that opinion first. I turned out to enjoy Max and Katie last season... so you really never know.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 07:12:49 AM »
This team is currently one of my faves out of the cast <3333333

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 07:21:06 AM »
Like them, but not too much bickering please (or I'll hate them later on)! <3

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 10:13:36 AM »
MY FAVORITE TEAM <3333

I feel goddess vibe from Marie :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 04:43:18 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XukVYRfyJDI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XukVYRfyJDI</a>
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »
My pre-show fave. Giving me so much Nate & Jenn vibes! :hearts:
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 12:42:04 AM »
Kinda up themselves (ABBY & RYAN ANYBODY) but if you get over that they are just so great <333 And if they have an Abby & Ryan-esque edit I WILL ADORE <3 But not U-Turn wise.

Prediction: Robbed F4 team.

Ranking: Upper middle tier, if they stopped being up themselves I WOULD LOVE THEM ENDLESSLY <3

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 04:50:29 AM »
I cannot wait to see these guys rip into each other lol.
You can nearly feel the tension in their casting video and Reebs is a little scary!
Hope they go far too  :cheer:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 07:05:50 AM »
I got reminded of Peter & Sarah at the first glance of this team!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
I cannot wait to see these guys rip into each other lol.
You can nearly feel the tension in their casting video and Reebs is a little scary!
Hope they go far too  :cheer:

While people can do without the bickering, I'm all for it as well. It is one of the definitive moments (speaking for myself) during the earlier seasons (and some recent ones).  As long as they're competitive, that would be something to back up their arguments. OTOH, if they lose, it's not a big deal either.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 09:48:05 PM »
If these don't win this season, So far I think they need to be in the next returning racers season, I'd love to see Marie vs Katie. That could be entertaining.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 04:37:23 AM »
And the Twinnies or Rachel, that'd be some showdown  :funny:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »
If these don't win this season, So far I think they need to be in the next returning racers season, I'd love to see Marie vs Katie. That could be entertaining.

Marie vs Katie??? LOL  :funny:
It would be interesting ...
They're the exact opposites ...

Katie is really calm and collective. She could be really vicious and sneaky without making other teams aware of it ...
Marie is just so ...out there... it's too hard not to notice her ...

Although if they both happen to be on the same season, I can see them both more working together as an alliance rather than working against each other ...

And the Twinnies or Rachel, that'd be some showdown  :funny:

Now this... is what I am looking forward to ...    :meow:
It would be EPIC!!!!
We might need to turn down the volume of our TV for a while ...

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 11:11:13 AM »
Add a pinch of Art & JJ and it's a new war  :funny:

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 03:38:54 AM »
I.LOVE.THEM.  :cheer:
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »
Marie really just needs to not talk as much and act like she always has to get her way. I'm just not a fan of her personality.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
Just watching the episode now. Jamal calling them Pinky & No Brain.  :funny: One of my favourite team names ever  :funny: I hope it sticks

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 02:18:38 AM »
Something about them screams Art & JJ to me in a way. I'm predicting that if they make it to the final 3, Karma will catch up to them and they will struggle at the final challenge.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »
Wow, this team is indeed evil! :lol:

It is kind of nice to see some real (as opposed to manufactured) drama on the Race once more. Although obviously the Double Express Pass twist was created just to create more inter-team drama, the fact that Tim & Marie just happened to win it was a pure coincidence (outside the producers direct control) that has virtually guaranteed that the next few episodes should (barring Tim & Marie being eliminated) have plenty of strategizing and conspiring, and most of it should be for real! :yess:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 01:21:38 AM »
I think they have few brains. It would have been BRILLIANT for them to handle the EP to the Football Wives during the shoeshine task. Tim and Marie wouldn't have been last, knowing there were 2/3 teams behind them; they would have the only Express Pass left in the game because Nicky would have used it hands down. Eliminating the EP this way is the best they could have done.

I start to think they will wait till Leg 05 to handle it to someone, and in case those two EP teams are somehow left behind in a train, flight or whatever, Tim & Marie could be in trouble.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 06:36:46 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vrbp-poHk0Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vrbp-poHk0Q</a>

Courtesy of Marie's twitter :D

WE HATE EACH OTHER <3

MUM, I'VE ALREADY BLOCKED YOU ON FACEBOOK.
WHY DID YOU BLOCK ME?
BECAUSE YOU'RE BOTHERSOME <3

*Other quotes that may not be allowed on RFF that are also awesome :lol: * <3