Author Topic: TAR 26: Jelani Roy & Jenny Wu "Blind Daters"  (Read 19326 times)

Offline joshwills

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • my ox is broken
Re: TAR 26: Jelani Roy & Jenny Wu "Blind Daters"
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 08:24:14 AM »
Jenny & Jelani were one of my favourite couples at the start of the race... now I'd say they're my least favourite. Jenny is too much.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 08:54:32 AM »
Did ya hear how all lawyery they went on each other discussing the U-turn?  Not Matt & Ashley in cahoots with Tyler & Laura but in "collusion " with each other. :funny:
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:28:51 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline tarfanfromthejungle

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 08:23:07 AM »
***************** I really hope jenny and Jelani win this season.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 01:49:58 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline katrarinka

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
******************** I like Hayley and Blair and Mike and Rochelle :iok
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 01:50:51 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »
IT IS A SERIOUS VIOLATION TO POST SPOILERS IN THE CONTESTANT THREADS.

QUOTING ONE IS JUST AS BAD!

PLEASE USE THE REPORT TO MOD BUTTON IF YOU SEE ONE--DON'T JUST COMMENT ON IT.

THIS IS A SPOILER FREE ZONE, USE THE EPISODE THREADS INSTEAD PLEASE.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2015, 11:35:58 PM »
Jenny Audition Video!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rJZ1j2pu0y0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rJZ1j2pu0y0</a>
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2015, 12:08:46 AM »
Jenny Audition Video!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rJZ1j2pu0y0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rJZ1j2pu0y0</a>

OMG, Jenny is so fierce. <33

Too bad that sun blocking hat didn't make an appearance  :funny:

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2015, 12:24:42 AM »
Jenny <33333

That hat would've been hilarious to see on the race, too bad it wasn't used.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2015, 02:46:23 AM »
I wouldn't mind if Jelani/Jenny win BUT...

-I loved them episodes 1-3, they had a hilarious negative meltdown episode in 4, and then they vanished from episodes 5-9 with very UTR or MORN episodes =/

I am starting to like them again from Leg 10 however, if their edit remained that way the entire Race perhaps I would have loved them to win too. But for now, I hope they finish 3rd next to Hayley & Blair or Mike & Rochelle winning.

Jenny <33333

That hat would've been hilarious to see on the race, too bad it wasn't used.

Good, Bad, and Fab <3

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2015, 02:51:28 AM »
She's so sexy and very confident!
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2015, 07:33:28 AM »
Yeah, this team had some of the weird edit ever. In Japan & Thailand, I really like them and they show so much potential. I even expect Jenny to be villain of the season or go super competitive after they fell behind in Bangkok. But then, once they touch Europe, they become super invisible! They show us bit and piece of them bickering at each other (mostly Jenny though lol) and neglect their Express Pass completely.  :(  Then, their edit seemed to shift again to likable edit in Peru. But it was a bit too little too late.

I'm actually OK if they win. Mostly due to Jenny's fierce personality <33 and Jelani's ability to stay calm under any situation.  But yeah, would prefer Hayley & Blair (Star of the season) or Mike & Rochell (OMG underdog winning) over them.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2015, 11:47:17 AM »
Once again, I fall victim to the 2nd place curse.  (:;)

I would love it if they return, but considering their UTR edit, I think it is rather unlikely.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2015, 02:10:51 PM »
Race Runners Up Jenny and Jelani Bonded Over Their Blind Date Experience

After traveling the world together as blind daters on The Amazing Race Season 26, Jenny and Jelani came in second. Then we asked them questions fans submitted on Facebook. Here's what they said, in their own words:

1. Cindy S: What is your relationship like now with your teammate?

Jenny: We have remained great friends and even though he lives in NY and I live in LA, we make an effort to stay in touch through texts, emails, calls, fax (just kidding), and to see each other whenever we're in the same city. In fact, we hung out in NYC a week after the race ended. We just can't get enough of each other! The Race brought us together and has bonded us for life.

Jelani: Really good. We're still close friends and talk often. We see each other and go out, whenever we are both in NY or LA.

2. Laura G: What was the most memorable place or adventure? Did any of you conquer any fears while on the race?

Jenny: Namibia was the most memorable place for me as I'd never been to Africa before and it's always been on my bucket list. It's one of those far away places that you always dream of visiting but seem like a logistical impossibility because of the distance and cost so I was super excited to go! It was stunning and looked like a painting come to life! On the race, I was really proud to conquer my fear of the unknown and to just let that fear go and go for it! I've never been one of those super adventurous people but on the race I wanted to experience everything and to let courage instead of fear lead the way.

Jelani: Most memorable place was definitely Namibia. Meeting the Bushmen and building a hut and then feeding African Wild Dogs. Both legs were awesome and driving through the game reserve was so sick! 

3. Jocelyn H: I'd like to ask why they think that 3 "first date" couples ended up going to the final leg vs. the dating couples? What was it about the dynamic of being strangers vs. being a couple previously that helped them get through to the end?

Jenny: I think each of the blind daters were just really strong racers which made for three strong teams. I don't necessarily think the "being strangers" factor helped or hurt us in reaching the finish line.

Jelani: I mean to a small degree it's random but mostly I just think there were 6 really strong individuals on those teams. It's a small sample size so not sure the results would be duplicated if you did another even split of pre existing and blind date couples.

Rachael W: Did any of the three of you winning teams take classes to learn to do things to prepare, i.e., repelling, skating, language lessons?

Jenny: I took a two-hour stick shift class that really came in handy in Monaco. I also trained with a personal trainer twice a week for six weeks and amped up my cardio by running the Santa Monica stairs a few times a week. I also watched past seasons of The Race and took notes on what worked for teams and what didn’t.

Jelani: I took standard transmission driving lessons but apparently not quite enough as my driving was an adventure. Fortunately, I have had several offers for lessons since my return, so I should be fine now.

5. Jan P: I liked the dating/blind date angle. Do you think being blind dates gave you an advantage?

Jenny: I think in the beginning, it did help a little bit as we wanted to put our best face forward and we were definitely much more polite to each other. However, as we got more comfortable and as the pressure of racing intensified, I don't think the blind date element really mattered. Jelani and I worked well because we were friends, because we engaged in a month long conversation with each other, and because we both loved to race! If we were frustrated, we expressed that to each other and never held anything in. He knew exactly what I was thinking and vice versa and that really helped in building trust and a sense of closeness.

Jelani: I don't think it was necessarily and advantage I do think to a degree putting your best foot forward with someone you just met played a part in it, so you really want to perform and represent yourself well in any first impression.

6. Arcon S: Jelani and Jenny, Why did you take so long to accommodate your selfies?

Jenny: We didn't take a lot of selfies during the race as most of them were taken in airports and in the back of cabs. So it was a bit difficult to do the selfie challenge as some of the photos all looked the same!

Jelani: Gotta step up my selfie game. We definetly didn't take as many selfies as Tyler and Laura and ours were all in non descript areas like airports and backs of cabs so differentiating them was tough. Then once we had to reorder them it was very difficult.

7. Travis B: Jenny & Jelani, would you go through this whole experience again if asked for an all stars season? #AmazingRace?

Jenny: In an Amazing Race second!

Jelani: Definetly!! Would do it again and again. Except next time bring home the win. It may be cliche but it really is an AMAZING experience.

Source: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1004236/race-runners-up-jenny-and-jelani-bonded-over-their-blind-date-experience-giving-it-their-all-until-the-end/
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2015, 02:24:04 PM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:27:55 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez