Author Topic: TAR 23: Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran "Cousins"  (Read 39001 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 23: Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran "Cousins"
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »
Leo and Jamal  

Leo and Jamal     

Name: Leo Temory
Hometown: Los Angeles
Connection to your teammate: Cousin
Current occupation: Entrepreneur/Restaurateur
Describe what you do: I own and operate a restaurant and recently opened a bar/lounge..
3 words to describe you: Smart, funny and friendly.
Favorite hobbies: Hiking, traveling, tennis and cooking.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Climbing Mt. Whitney, the highest summit in the contiguous United States, with no prior experience.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Bill Gates
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kobe Bryant
What scares you most about traveling? Missing my flight or a bad taxi.
What excites you most about traveling? Meeting and interacting with different cultures.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sometimes my cousin doesn’t listen or take my advice or direction to heart. I want to show him that I mean well and have him listen and be patient with me.
Pet peeve about your teammate: That he is very secretive and sometimes isn’t serious enough.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Venezuela, because the women are beautiful in South America.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to become closer to my cousin and show the entire world that Afghans are great, fun people and not just what we are portrayed in the media.

Name: Jamal Zadran
Hometown: Los Angeles
Connection to your teammate: Cousin
Current occupation: CEO/Owner of Z.I.G. (Zadran Investment Group)
Describe what you do: I manage and operate Zadran Investment Group (Z.I.G.) where we own our own Independent Dealership to sell cars to the public. Z.I.G. also buys and flips homes in the Southern California area and operates as a Reality Firm to the Public. Part of my Investment Group also manages Equity Portfolios with trading of stocks, bonds and forex, and options.
3 words to describe you: Persistent, confident and energetic.
Favorite hobbies: Jet skiing, paintball and boogie boarding.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Working in Afghanistan for two years with the U.S. Military.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kobe Bryant – competitor and champion.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Albert Einstein – his ideas are efficient and usually right.
What scares you most about traveling? A bird hitting the aircraft and the plane crashing.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing the different cultural customs people have and being able to try it out with them if allowed. To interact with and actually leave a life-lasting memory to somebody across the world would give me a feeling of making some type of difference in their life even if it’s only for a short time.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We need to trust one another more often and not be too stubborn. Sometimes we may need to agree to disagree and not bicker a lot.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He’s very sensitive to things I may say to him or when I critique him.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Kenya, because of the natural wildlife. I’m a big cat fanatic and love the characteristics. To see them in the wild would be nice.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To have more patience with one another and get through all challenges and obstacles with Leo. Though it will be difficult, the ultimate feeling should be worth it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:59:54 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran "Cousins"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:23:31 AM »

Leo and Jamal

Cousins Leo Temory (left) and Jamal Zadran (right). Photo: Cliff Lipson/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:01:13 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 07:31:13 PM »
They seem like nice guys. So far, they also seem like the team that is most likely to have neat interaction with locals, which is something that seems to have been missing from the more recent seasons I've watched. Hopefully they do take the time to do that, because it will make the Race that much better for those of us who are watching.

I can root for them! :cheer:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 06:17:18 AM »
This team is actually the only M/M team I am excited to watch. Cousins teams are usually epic <3

I hope they do well! Although, I have a bad feeling their what scares you about traveling answer might be forshadowing :lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 06:19:32 AM »
This team is actually the only M/M team I am excited to watch. Cousins teams are usually epic <3

I hope they do well! Although, I have a bad feeling their what scares you about traveling answer might be forshadowing :lol:

This?
A bird hitting the aircraft and the plane crashing.
(knocks on wood).

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 06:28:07 AM »

This?
A bird hitting the aircraft and the plane crashing.
(knocks on wood).

I meant Leo's bad taxi/flight answer.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 06:51:54 AM »
I think this could be a really fun team but may be really careless and make some drastic mistake along the way and causing their elimination. They give me a Zev and Justin vibe.. anyone agrees?? :stare

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 07:01:49 AM »
I think this could be a really fun team but may be really careless and make some drastic mistake along the way and causing their elimination. They give me a Zev and Justin vibe.. anyone agrees?? :stare
Yup! Leo really looks like Justin to me. :)

They definitely looks entertaining to me. And I really love to see not-alpha-looking M/M team. Because, they won't only depend on their muscle, but also with their brain. :luvya:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 07:12:25 AM »
Yup! Leo really looks like Justin to me. :)

They definitely looks entertaining to me. And I really love to see not-alpha-looking M/M team. Because, they won't only depend on their muscle, but also with their brain. :luvya:

I just have Charla/Mirna style trainwreck awesomeness expectations from them. I hope they do that :lol:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 10:17:15 AM »
Middle Eastern cousins <333 Male version of Charla & Mirna? :hearts:

It's rare that I pick M/M as pre-favorites, and I hope they will deliver their awesomeness. I'm sure they'll be awesome.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bx4bEPBXHsw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bx4bEPBXHsw</a>
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 01:04:38 AM »
OMG OMG <3 AN ACTUAL GOOD MM TEAM <3 PLZ GO FAR <3 CHARLA & MIRNA PLZ <3

Prediction: F5 and above.

Ranking: Top tiergods <3

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »
easy on the eyes  :luvya:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »
I will love them as long as they don't become the new Charla and Mirna.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 05:22:34 PM »
How can you not like Charla & Mirna. One of the best teams everrrrrrrr  :hrt:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 06:58:01 PM »
Your opinions are so correct SteKay <33333333333333333333333

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 08:59:47 PM »
I think Leo/Jamal could really go far though to get back on topic. Kind of remind me a little of Josh/Brent but with a lot stronger leg placings, I hope.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:03:25 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
Let's keep the racers threads about the teams themselves, okay? Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 09:07:21 PM »
Sorry Peach.  :hug?: 

These guys should get on with the locals very well, since Leo's job has a lot of people skills, but they also seem like the team that is going to embrace the race the most

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 06:53:21 PM »
Q&A with Amazing Race contestant Leo Temory
By jackie mansky · Daily Trojan

Posted Yesterday at 10:29 pm

The Daily Trojan caught up with Temory to talk to him about what he learned at USC and how he’s applied that in his life, from building a business to being a contestant on The Amazing Race:

DT: What made you decide to go on The Amazing Race?

Temory: My cousin and I were fans from season one, but we were too young at the time. Then he was off doing his own thing, and I was off doing my own thing. And then, finally, the stars aligned. The process is actually not as easy as it looks, but I got a call and the next thing you know, we’re on The Amazing Race and traveling [around] the world. It was probably the funnest, most memorable time of my life — after USC, of course.

DT: This is your first reality TV show. Did you have any expectations before you started shooting?

Temory: Going in, watching 22 seasons of The Amazing Race on DVD, you think it’s easy, but the production that goes into it, the amount of crew, the amount of staff that goes on to make such a show, it’s like an orchestra and it’s always perfectly orchestrated and it’s just remarkable. It’s like if you put the million dollars aside it’s like it’s priceless, the experience you get.

DT: What was life like as a contestant on reality TV?

Temory: Well, I always love attention. With my group of friends, I like to crack jokes, go up to people, so in that regard I loved having a camera around you 24 hours a day practically recording everything you do, but definitely still to this day it feels surreal, like I can’t believe I was on The Amazing Race. I just watched a commercial the other day, and I’m like, “Wow I can’t believe that’s me.” I’m just thankful I get to relive it again when it airs.

DT: What do you hope audience members take out of your experience on the show?

Temory: I think I really brought the Trojan family mentality out in the race. You could see the humor that we bring, the smarts, the strength that we bring, basically the whole all-around perspective that encompasses the USC culture. I tried my best to bring it to the show with my cousin. Hopefully, everyone sees we’re fun-loving, crazy fans that want to have a good time.

DT: Did you learn anything at USC which you were able to apply to the show?

Temory: If USC taught me one thing, it was to network. I tell that to everybody, everyday, “Network, network!” and that went along with The Amazing Race. It’s networking in a different perspective, communicating with different cultures, learning from different cultures, interacting, taking it all in … It’s not all about the million dollars, but the experience — it’s the experience of a lifetime.

DT: What do you think you and your cousin bring that gives you an advantage stand apart?

Temory: Definitely what we bring is culture. We bring a little diversity. We can actually connect with all the other cultures around the world, all the different people, different ethnicities from kids to adults. Our parents immigrated here, so they have that aspect. We have that within us because we’re Afghan Americans so I think it’ll be easier for us to connect if we visit a third world country or if we visit another country, you know, we’re immigrants, they’re immigrants so we can all sort of relate. We’ll bring the fun, diversity, excitement … a ton of things we bring we’re proud of. But you’ll just have to watch and see.

http://dailytrojan.com/2013/09/04/qa-with-amazing-race-contestant-leo-temory/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 05:33:50 AM »

Agreed with the Zev & Justin vibes in a way, in terms of what they do throughout. I might lean toward a heartbreak exit through no errors, but just against other people better than them
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 12:07:18 AM »
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — “Amazing Race” is back on CBS this Sunday!

Contestants and cousins Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran, CEO/Owner of Zadran Investment Group, visited the KCAL9 studios Friday to talk about the upcoming season and the game changing twists from last season, the Double Express Pass.

video here >>   http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9355190

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »
They are cool and really funny!!! I really like them.. :)))) I going to predication is F4!!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 05:57:38 PM »
I like them but people seem to think their comedy is forced.