Author Topic: Blood Vs Water  (Read 26221 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Blood Vs Water
« on: August 21, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »

Survivor Blood vs. Water News: Cast and Twist Revealed  Posted on Aug 21, 2013 09:50am

CBS announced today the 20 castaways who will compete against each other on SURVIVOR, when the Emmy Award-winning series returns for its 27th season with a special 90-minute premiere,Wednesday, Sept. 18 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Former Players Compete With Their Loved Ones
The fall edition of SURVIVOR, themed "Blood vs. Water," will feature former players competing with - and ultimately against - their loved ones who share the same goal: to outwit, outplay, outlast and ultimately be crowned Sole Survivor. Will the returnees use their prior experience in the game to help their partners or will they leave their relatives alone to fend for themselves? Alliances and relationships will be tested and bonds will be broken when mothers, daughters, brothers, spouses and partners vie against each other in the ultimate competition, raising the question: which is thicker - Blood or Water?

Redemption Island Returns... With a Twist
This edition of SURVIVOR will feature the return of Redemption Island, where castaways who have been eliminated from the game can seek redemption and return for a chance to win the million dollar prize.  The twist this season, however, is loved ones will be forced to choose whether to "save" their partner on Redemption Island and switch places with them, thus allowing their loved one to immediately re-enter the game, or leave them in exile to survive on their own.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/news/1001151/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Blood Vs Water
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 05:02:44 PM »
Meet the Castaways!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/x85-rJnsdGU?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/x85-rJnsdGU?hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 07:58:13 PM »
Redemption Island with a twist... It's kind of ambiguous how it'll work out for now... But I guess it's going to be REALLY interesting. I'm totally going to guess that the ladies (the wives particularly) would want to swop places with their husbands if their man got backstabbed/removed from the game first or what!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »
Why do I have a strange feeling this season is going to be incredible?
I hope so!  :cheer:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »
I have very low expectations for this season. It just gives me a feeling of "meh". :/

But we'll see.

I especially don't like the TAR-style "Meet the Cast" videos. :res:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 11:46:32 PM »
I'm okay with seeing the cast so far, but eager to see how Redemption Island will play out with the twist. :)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 07:37:59 AM »
I can't watch the videos :/

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 08:25:09 AM »
Neither :/

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 08:29:42 AM »
Really don't like this cast at all, aside from seeing Gervase, Kat, Candice and Monica. <3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 08:31:08 AM »
Airlines disapproves. Laura Morett is not on that list.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 08:44:13 AM »
Airlines disapproves. Laura Morett is not on that list.

Too annoying for me.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 10:50:06 AM »
Can someone give a youtube video link that's acceptable in Indonesia? :pity
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

addie

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 11:32:57 AM »
aras and kat are bearable, rest sux

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »
I guess I am the only one who absolutely loved Colton in the first season? I don't know but has any other person single-handed make his/her tribe go to tribal instead of another? I like his and his fiancé's plan too.
Should've given Francesca another chance to complete her hat-trick  :funny:

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »
Aras and Vytas are my favorites. I like Gervase and his niece too. Colton and Tyson should be fun to watch. I never LIKED Laura, but I don't dislike her at all. Kat's annoying. Candice is a good player but kind of boring. I don't know why Tina is back but I don't mind her. Monica and her husband will be really good. And of course, there is the lovable Rupert Boneham.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 08:50:43 AM »
While I might have chosen some different players, I think this twist will be fascinating to watch. Will loved ones turn on each other? Save each other? Stab each other in the back? Lots of room for drama...and human interest. I'm in!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »
Amanda and her sister Katrina would have been a wonderful pair to play this season. Loved them in China and Micro!!! But letting her play for the fourth time may be overkill (obviously an understatement when comparing with Rupert  :res: ).
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 05:29:58 AM »
Amanda said she will NEVER play again because of the way they edited her to be a passive player in all the seasons she played. And I totally feel for her. They edited Danni in Guatemala to be really quiet and everything but she's totally the opposite of what was portrayed (she's a Sports Radio DJ!! How can she be quiet/passive??)

I am totally LOVING the twist this season and I'm sure Survivor likes to bring back returning players because well... the last season without ANY returning players was horrible (Naonka.. anybody?). Well, Samoa was great... but that was just because of Russell really.

I am SO HAPPY to see Aras, Colton, Kat, Laura and Gervase and Tina (that's about 60% of the cast).

I am SHOCKED but still okay with Tyson and Rupert (bleah... but people will watch and if this means ratings I'M FINE WITH IT). I didn't remember Monica in One World, but bet they brought her back for Brad (her husband = NFL = ratings in someway) and hopefully getting her to take revenge against Colton.

The only cast member I'm disgusted with is Candice. Candice was useless the first time round. Candice was useless the second time round. Candice will not win the third time round. That's it. This girl get way too many chances (James ANYBODY?), is unmemorable, but gets so many chances in life! I'll rather see Francesquaaaaaa!

RC... oh my, please get RC to return one day. RC GODDESS <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 05:38:08 AM »
And can I say... it will be so weird to see a pair voting for each other. And this time, if a person flip... it means TWO votes. I'm guessing we are going to have loads of epic shift in alliances.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 06:53:41 AM »
I hope you are right Jobby. I really like the look of this season. I haven't come across some of the players yet.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 07:12:25 AM »
I am totally LOVING the twist this season and I'm sure Survivor likes to bring back returning players because well... the last season without ANY returning players was horrible (Naonka.. anybody?). Well, Samoa was great... but that was just because of Russell really.

OW was the last season without returnees?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 08:29:54 AM »
Ooops, forget that. But people didn't like One World too. :( (although I liked it a lot)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 08:30:24 AM »
And let's be glad... at least Rob and Amber aren't on this. Or Russell and Brandon. :funny:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 01:04:05 PM »
I loved One World too Jobby haha! I probably should've started with the first season but I'm hopping around all the all star and returnee ones to avoid spoilers as best i can!

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 10:17:20 PM »
RC... oh my, please get RC to return one day. RC GODDESS <3

:hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

I thought the spoilers said she was returning this season with her dad... I guess not. :( </3
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"