Author Topic: S27: Aras Baskauskas and Vytas Baskauskas (Brothers)  (Read 9864 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
S27: Aras Baskauskas and Vytas Baskauskas (Brothers)
« on: August 21, 2013, 12:49:34 PM »
Aras and Vytas

Name (Age): Aras Baskauskas (31)
Tribe Designation: Returning Player
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Vytas’ Brother
Previous Season: Survivor: Panama – Exile Island, winner
Current Residence: Santa Monica, Calif.
Why Did You Want to Return to Survivor and Play with Your Loved One? I want to play Survivor with Vytas because I know we'll have a great shot at winning. More importantly, I know an experience like Survivor will bring us closer together. Early in our lives, we had a very rocky relationship. Taking on adventures as adults gives us the chance to make up for lost time.

Name (Age): Vytas Baskauskas (33)
Tribe Designation: Loved Ones
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Aras’ Brother
Current Residence: Santa Monica, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Beating heroin addiction, yoga discipline and receiving a graduate degree in math.
Inspiration in Life: I don’t have one particular hero. I greatly admire the brilliant scientists and mathematicians of the past and also social activists such as Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr.
Hobbies: Movies, music, good food, bodysurfing and chess.
Pet Peeves: Stupidity and show-offs.
3 Words to Describe You: Smart, strong-willed and unique.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) iPod – love music. 2) Yoga mat – practice every day to keep the body & mind right. 3) Chess set - it's not just a game, it's a way of life.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: The intellect and wit of Jonathan Penner, the likability of Aras Baskauskas and the flirtatiousness of Parvati Shallow.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to be on the show for the experience. I truly believe I can outwit, outplay and outlast. Of course I also want the prize.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have the necessary elements to make it to the end. I’m strong minded, smart and cunning. Through my addiction, I learned to easily manipulate people and although I don't use that skill as much anymore, it is still there.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I am very assertive. It is unlike me to not get what I want. I am also smart and sociable so my people skills will do me well. I have a good social awareness. My personality is unique and although I may not be the most-liked, that's not such a bad thing in getting to the end.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? Playing with Aras means the world to me. Our relationship hasn't always been the best, but over the past few years, it has definitely begun to improve. I love my brother very much and this experience will surely bring us closer together. That being said, there can only be ONE sole survivor. Aras and I have been competing with each other in almost every way since he was born. This will be the ultimate competition. Whether I win the game or not, I desperately want to beat my brother!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:03:32 PM by georgiapeach »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S27: Aras Baskauskas and Vytas Baskauskas (Brothers)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »
Meet!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HHwfAzi2BIw?hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HHwfAzi2BIw?hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »
ARAS?

The cast isn't that bad afterall. He's one of those winners that deserved a chance to play again since way long ago.

But gonna have a huge target behind their backs. Alpha males... gonna be good at challenges... Oh my. Just give me the first episode of Survivor already! So much twist and drama already this season!

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 05:50:06 PM »
Ok, I love Aras! Such a fan of the show. Him and his brother seem great and super cool. But I expect at least one of them to be voted out pre merge. But with Redemption Island, who knows, someone could pull an Ozzy. (or an almost Christine. My girl <3)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/06K0nrmdo7Y?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/06K0nrmdo7Y?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 11:56:46 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/4RElt8VbUyo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/4RElt8VbUyo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/0cEumRGTnHo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/0cEumRGTnHo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Offline richard2013

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 02:27:53 PM »
I like these guys too.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
Lithuanian blood right here!! :PPPP

I just can't help rooting for them. And I like how Aras plays, a lot. Tbh I like him a lot more than Vytas, but he's probably my favourite from the newbies tribe :)

Offline richard2013

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »
I like how they compete! Very competitive guys!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 08:04:52 AM »
Aras and Vytas are the stars of this season <3

Offline richard2013

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 02:32:56 PM »
I agree. I hope one of them wins the game.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 08:33:58 PM »
To be honest, Aras and Tyson are the ones with the most screen time this season. Along with Monica, of course. So I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it really far.

Offline richard2013

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »
Thats true. Hope they go very far!

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 03:44:46 PM »
I don't remember why, but I HATED Aras on his first season. I really forget why though. Maybe I just hated the people he was in an alliance with, and he was just guilty by association.

But this season, Aras and Vytas are my favorite duo. :) If they both make the merge, though, I don't doubt for a second that they'll turn on each other. It'll just be a matter of who does it first.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
Were you rooting for Terry then? :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »
I'm rooting for Vytas over Aras. Vytas seems to be more street smart than Aras! Much more entertaining too! :funny:

Offline richard2013

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 12:01:01 AM »
Go Vytas! He stays under the radar now. Aras might be in trouble.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 06:15:52 AM »
I don't remember why, but I HATED Aras on his first season. I really forget why though. Maybe I just hated the people he was in an alliance with, and he was just guilty by association.

But this season, Aras and Vytas are my favorite duo. :) If they both make the merge, though, I don't doubt for a second that they'll turn on each other. It'll just be a matter of who does it first.
I also didn't really like Aras the first season! When I looked back after the season ended, he DID play a good game and I wasn't rooting for Terry, so if not Cirie, it's good that he won.
BUUUUT this season I love both brothers! I mean, Vytas has a colourful past and therefore he's an interesting and versatile person, but I love Aras 5x more than his first season!

Offline richard2013

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 09:39:35 PM »
Vytas for going far this season.he could go far.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 12:02:07 AM »
I think this season proves that Aras's integrity and honesty game play may prove to be too naive for an Allstars season.  :stare

Offline richard2013

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »
I agree Jobby. Vytas is playing way smarter than his brother so far, but all may change if there is a merge soon.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »
I agree Jobby. Vytas is playing way smarter than his brother so far, but all may change if there is a merge soon.
The merge is next episode = tonight, jeez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 02:35:47 PM »
Survivor's Aras Baskauskas Is Engaged to Girlfriend Christy Petersen

By Steve Helling

11/10/2013 at 02:20 PM EST

Aras Baskauskas may have been sent to Redemption Island on last week's episode of Survivor, but things are certainly looking up in his personal life.

During an romantic sunset on the beach, Baskauskas surprised his girlfriend of four years, Christy Petersen, with an engagement ring.

Petersen, a model and clothing designer, had just finished a photo shoot on Saturday afternoon in Big Sur for her women's line, DAWN. At the end of the shoot, she and Baskauskas, 32, sat on a rocky outcrop to watch the sun set into the Pacific Ocean. As dusk fell, Baskauskas dropped on one knee and proposed, presenting her with a handmade ring by jewelry designer Jessica Seaton. The ring, set in rose gold, sports a sliced diamond surrounded by smaller diamonds. 

Although Petersen was surprised by the proposal, Baskauskas had been planning it for several weeks, and made sure that a photographer was on hand to snap photos of the moment.

When he's not competing on Survivor, Baskauskas is a singer/songwriter who performs under the name Odd Us. Despite his comfort in the limelight, he admits to being a bit tense before he popped the question. "I didn't think I'd be nervous," he tells PEOPLE, "but when push came to shove, I was super nervous."

Fortunately, his nerves were all for nothing. "She said yes," he says, "and we celebrated that night over Mexican food and margaritas!"

For photos, go to:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20754335,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontent
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:29:25 AM by Jobby »