Archive > Big Brother 15

Big Brother 15, CBS failed BB fans with the MVP twist

<< < (3/3)

Jimmer:
I as well get very frustrated with this MVP twist. I first of all despise America having any say at all in actual strategic gameplay. (I'm fine with picking food for have nots). I still find the MVP twist dumb on how Elissa gets an unfair advantage to the other houseguests. It has drove my father to the point where he has stopped watching this season entirely. I wish this twist would end soon, or make some modifications where Elissa doesn't win it every single time.

TexasLady:
I'm sick of the twist. I hope this is the end of it by our "choosing" the 3rd person. Apparently some people were confused by the vote and thought they were voting for MVP again, not the 3rd nomination.

Does anyone think that Julie will tell the HGs of this change in the twist?  :umn:

onthecusp:
As I see it........

First of all, Elyssa should have been disqualified to even be on the show.

Second, voting on CBS shows has always been unfair due to the allowance of multiple email accounts garnering votes. And I mean, one individual can have HUNDREDS of accounts voting THOUSANDS of times. This helped lead to the demise of the great CBS message boards years ago.

Thirdly, this did bite CBS in the butt when America supposedly voted Elyssa MVP 3 weeks in a row and in testing this theory, they (CBS) changed the format by making America MVP instead thus, putting Elyssa up as nominee week four by default. Ooopsie! Not surprising to say the least.

Elyssa freaking out had to be assuaged somehow for continuity of the show by appeasing her and keeping her quiet as to the real snafu. What they said is beyond me but, it left her feeling real smug and yet she is taking a step back for now.

No worries CBS thought, as this fixed the immediate problem AND added the needed drama in the house with a boring cast of characters left behind, keeping the other houseguests ....guessing.

I'm not entirely opposed to the American MVP/3rd nominee vote, now that they realize that the voting needs to be better monitored. The HG's think that this was devised to out 'floaters' and I'm not crazy about that label.

I think the American MVP vote was initially (albeit naively) meant to give the others a chance to break up major, aggressive powerhouse alliances and level the playing field.

After all, the shows are considered 'social experiments' with different variables each season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version